Wait... There’s No Dancehall Thread? Really People? Soca is Cool Too.

Buju Banton has been misinformed as a longtime listener/follower of the Reggaeton genre (since the underground days). I can assure you that the Reggaetoneros have always paid homage to Reggae/Dancehall. I've seen them many times big up Jamaica on documentaries, interviews, news articles, etc. Also there's countless of collaborations between Reggaeton artists & Jamaican artists. REGGAE-ton, the name itself is already paying homage to Reggae, each and every single day. Reggaeton is not trying to rewrite anything, what they're doing is making history, there's a difference.

Buju Banton has been misinformed as a longtime listener/follower of the Reggaeton genre (since the underground days). I can assure you that the Reggaetoneros have always paid homage to Reggae/Dancehall. I've seen them many times big up Jamaica on documentaries, interviews, news articles, etc. Also there's countless of collaborations between Reggaeton artists & Jamaican artists. REGGAE-ton, the name itself is already paying homage to Reggae, each and every single day. Reggaeton is not trying to rewrite anything, what they're doing is making history, there's a difference.

What did he say?

Because I'm not sure if I got that impression either, at least overall.

Shut your a** up. Latinos stay jacking people style

790bef0c2b77bcd824626b04349e600f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom