wale: #ambition - avaialble now!

..a solid piece of work. Not sure what interscope was doing, but warner brothers came in and made a MOVIE. his ability to express his ability freely with Maybach made this album epic.

#1 on iTunes top ten and hip hop/rap albums...

ny0qjj.jpg

...lost my #%%#% over NOTHIN tho.. SAEED ALISHA we miss you! God bless my brotha soul!!

#RIPWOOTIE #NT's own.

"Legendary"
"Ambition"
"Focused"

...I lost my n!9g@ over nothin' though, Saeed Alisha I miss ya. God bless my brother's soul!
"DC or Nothing"

#RIPwootie

Originally Posted by iCan

..a solid piece of work. Not sure what interscope was doing, but warner brothers came in and made a MOVIE. his ability to express his ability freely with Maybach made this album epic.

#1 on iTunes top ten and hip hop/rap albums...

ny0qjj.jpg

...loss my #%++% over NOTHIN tho.. SAEED ALISHA we miss you! God bless my brotha soul!!

#RIPWOOTIE #NT's own.

Tight he's number 1.

but I got to disagree.  This is not a movie.

Its a 30min sitcom.

Album is mediocre at best.

The one lavan named are tight though.

I bought it... don't get me wrong, I like it and I have to listen to it a couple more times but so far... Wale Mixtapes > Wale Albums
Just my opinion

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

I bought it... don't get me wrong, I like it and I have to listen to it a couple more times but so far... Wale Mixtapes > Wale Albums
Just my opinion

I think if he combine songs from Theory and Ambition he would have had a monster album.  

He needs an "anthem" to get over the mountain.

Now that he's with MMG, I'm shocked a focus wasn't put on this fact, especilly with how easy it could be (look at Meek Mill).

What's his "trademark" track after all these mixtapes and (now) 2 LPs? You ask 50 people, you gonna get 45 different answers, and it MAY be from a 4+ year old mixtape. Not good...

Either way, glad he found someone to invest in him for a second chance and get him out of all the crap he was in with a ton of folks with his signature on dotted lines in the past. MOST in the industry don't.

250k by end of Xmas... More albums than I'd ever sell in my lifetime, so kudos!

i like the music on the album but the ablum as a whole is not a master piece. Hope the album sells. Go cop if haven't.

Not sure what interscope was doing,
Just wanna make sure I'm getting this right...

When the first LP dropped, dude was talking about how Ronson made all the tracks A+ (that came out his own mouth).  Everyone, including you, was posting calling the album dope.  I thought it was a solid first effort myself.

But now, it seems like ole'boy is now (from what I heard) diminishing his own first LP publicly (for reasons I never will understand, what artist does that?) cause he's in a new "situation" and, er, you are following the lead?

Just asking cause I'm jive confused. 
laugh.gif
  This album isn't wavelengths ahead of the first joint.  It's better, but not by a wide margin.

I think AD was better than ambition. I think ambition would of been a better name for ambition would have been a better name for AD and vice versa.

I wasn't a fan of ad...but I found the production to be atleast on point. Has better songs.

I gave ambition another listen last night...and it really felt as a whole it was just put together. For you to be on MMG I thought the production would have been different...better beats. Better hooks.

as far as lyrics....what can you expect from wale? Wish he spit more like he did in pandemonium.

the album is just okay for me..I do prefer this over ADD, definitely.

while there are some great beats and tracks on here (legendary, chain music, ambition etc.), there are also alot of fillers..i don't really understand the direction this album was going towards..the kid cudi, to lloyd to ne-yo features just don't cut it for me.

good luck to the man though, i wish him major success

and can someone tell me why neither 'bait' or 'bad girls club' was on this album?

bait. tatts on my arms. bad girls club ALL should have been on this CD.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

and can someone tell me why neither 'bait' or 'bad girls club' was on this album?

I really would like to know to....I hope wale comes in here and tells us why and who chooses the tracks.....because he had the tracks to make the album so much better than it is.

Bad girls is my joint.....they should of shot a major video for that and pushed as a single like they did with chillin....not no low budget joint.

I feel the same way as the article....but then again they'll just call us haters.

But when you here someone talk about being great, album is a classic....it deserves a grammy...you kinda expect the album to be impeccable....but I guess it's why its called ambition.

i dont see the buzz...in bad girls club...i tried to let that grow on me but still havent.

bait is on the deluxe version. best night ever should have been on the album as well.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

He needs an "anthem"

I still believe he needs an anthem too but if Cole sold 200K....I got em easily selling 250 the first week

Not sure what interscope was doing,
Just wanna make sure I'm getting this right...

When the first LP dropped, dude was talking about how Ronson made all the tracks A+ (that came out his own mouth).  Everyone, including you, was posting calling the album dope.  I thought it was a solid first effort myself.

But now, it seems like ole'boy is now (from what I heard) diminishing his own first LP publicly (for reasons I never will understand, what artist does that?) cause he's in a new "situation" and, er, you are following the lead?

Just asking cause I'm jive confused. 
laugh.gif
  This album isn't wavelengths ahead of the first joint.
  It's better, but not by a wide margin.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

He needs an "anthem"

I still believe he needs an anthem too but if Cole sold 200K....I got em easily selling 250 the first week

Put Cole in the Maybach group and multiple guest appearances.............what would his numbers have been then??

I've never like "Bait" but "Tatts on my arm" was a heat rock! I bought the album, doubt it will stay in rotation though. It just doesn't hit me really.
It's not a BAD album. I would classify it as average-slightly better than average.

SN: I will say I support his overall movement w/ Ambition and all that jazz. He marketed the hell out of himself this past year. He really had a "self made" movement going on w/ No days off and ambition. I respect that! The tracks on the album are solid. Their just not overwhelming

^agree with eoh. yall know i used to be (well still am kinda) a wale stand...but i have seen wale show his #+! one 2 many times on twitter.

Back
Top Bottom