WALE feat. Lady GaGa - Chillin Behind the Scenes (Video+Pics)

Originally Posted by November33rd

What makes y'all think it was his choice to have this be the 1st single?
why wouldn't it be? The label ain't strong arm him. Everything about this could of been better. from the beat to the raps to the hook andhow they used Gaga as a feature. i dont know...

wale bro, sell me those Millionaires por favor
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Wale really tryna reach that hipster crowd....

Them 1/2 Cents is official though...
pimp.gif

He got the hipster on lock in the Chi, w/ that being said I hate this song!!! But I'm still checking for him & a lil salty I missed the concert a couple weeks ago
eh im not too sure about that

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I don't know if he should bank on a HIT or miss record like this... I'd hope the people @ Interscope are a lot smarter and I am (they prolly aren't tho)... Lady Gaga IS tearin up the charts... But I don't know if this is the introduction he needs... From the people I've put on to his music, I think this record is gonna turn them off IMO...

Of course I wish him the BEST of luck, because he IS One of the leaders of the new generation of hip hop... This might be the final frontier for us...

For the people that haven't heard of him before... You gotta remember, FIRST impressions are EVERlasting... This one is looking about 90% bad right now... Wale is an DOPE artists, they should've found a better record that is a representation of the Wale we've all come to know from his previous work... This #@!% is outta left field.
Yeah I kinda wish he could've come out with a better first single. Don't get me wrong I like him a lot; it's not a bad song, but foryour first real mainstream shot, this doesn't seem like it meshes well with the people who like wale already and won't get him many new fans. Idon't have a problem with gaga being on the track but to be honest none of my friends I've put onto wale really dig this either..

they shot part of the video at concepts in cambridge, ma last night. i used to work over there for a while..good people. i went through.. took a bunch offlicks, they really are in no order, so... the world in my chopped up view
laugh.gif

95215c4664c98184e4eb4b9d5e08adbd80e8276.jpg
8b43521543bd66b6c1ba814c814f877d99d56b6.jpg

this burrito..
laugh.gif

55e1524762c282822776d74ca76cf78b6daf371.jpg
86025bd41c6d9ce688d89a342444d7a0b261f02.jpg
c531534164cc828b6b247352050264da4d403c4.jpg
10135c694d8d639dcc588e0a83a62bd1e3495c0.jpg
441254b46e604cab88a8fece9f569bed531fa75.jpg
6dd3547b42e7612fc3c58774866e1b32c4c3f44.jpg
fd7253a44e6cdc518268c5256ce327f0168dc55.jpg
96f3511640b96a00c41889ca8c0bcc0006002b1.jpg

flicks aren't so good but you can get the idea.. it was a good time.. i had work this morning dumb early and i was a wrap when i got there..
laugh.gif
my boss all lookin at me like, "you ol good for nothin..." im like
sick.gif

and yo wale, i was the dude talking about "imma post this on NT tomorrow dude..music forum!" when you was shootin the clip down the stairs. i knowyou checkin this...
laugh.gif
i seen them MTG580s earlier too.. hit me with a PMin regards to NB if youre interested. thats what i was trying to get at you about. i got you if you like the rest of them MD DC VA cats are with NBs.

Wale can actually rap, I don't see why nobody is hating on dudes like Tyga that actually are killing hip-hop. I have been a Wale fan going on 3 years andwill admit this song isn't his best, but just because the dude has on flops with a bape jacket doesn't mean he can't rap and should get pushedaside

Damn the hate on here is serious lol... Wale's that dude, you can't go wrong with Chris Robinson's vision...

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Wale can actually rap, I don't see why nobody is hating on dudes like Tyga that actually are killing hip-hop. I have been a Wale fan going on 3 years and will admit this song isn't his best, but just because the dude has on flops with a bape jacket doesn't mean he can't rap and should get pushed aside
eyes.gif
you're missing the point
I think they know he can rap... and are disappointed in the direction of his single
I like the single so I'm not one of them, but when people are being honest (without hate) that's a gesture of kindness and respect
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Dwadefan

Wale can actually rap, I don't see why nobody is hating on dudes like Tyga that actually are killing hip-hop. I have been a Wale fan going on 3 years and will admit this song isn't his best, but just because the dude has on flops with a bape jacket doesn't mean he can't rap and should get pushed aside
eyes.gif
you're missing the point
I think they know he can rap... and are disappointed in the direction of his single
I like the single so I'm not one of them, but when people are being honest (without hate) that's a gesture of kindness and respect
wink.gif

I thought I was trippin' in liking the single. Actually first gave it a listen when I seen this thread. Its not a bad song. I'm not sure what dudes aremad about or expected. Nike Boots was the more street single right? Did they want more of a Go Go sound? Its sort of what I expected. Its a pop friendly recordthat has crossover potential. I think to develop a fanbase at this point its probably the best move. Beat is pretty good. Gaga on the hook is straight. Thelyrics were on par with what a commercial single should be. Lady Gaga sort of reminds me of MIA on this for some reason. Not a bad song.

I'm mad...I'm at school in the Bean and had no idea this was being shot...video looks very strange...curious to see the final product...I like the songat least...Wale is performing up here at Harper's Ferry over near Harvard Ave. within the next few days if anyone was interested

Originally Posted by r0yalty

Does Back to the Feature drop today??
nerd.gif

Supposed to drop tomorrow (thurs). Not sure if a pressed CD will be given out at the NYC show or not (like they did with Mixtape about Nothing).

Show should be great. I'm at the digital music panel at Le Poisson before the show as well so that should be cool

Back
Top Bottom