Wale Folarin Appreciation Thread

Ya'll need to stop hating on Wale.. dude is skilled and better than many, and he low-key puts on for NT, mixtape is actually pretty good! #Folarin

I really have not been a fan of his since he hooked up with MMG. It really went downhill for him starting with his first album lyrically IMO.
Back to the Feature and The Mixtape About Nothing are my **** tho.

Yeah I was a big fan during his Mixtape About Nothing 100 Miles & Running Days. I stopped checking for him after Ambition, the music he makes now just sounds mad generic to me. I was happy to see him blow up though cause he's been grinding for a while. I kind of figured once he got bigger his music would change to cater to a larger crowd.

That track with hit boy is nice. Hit boy spittin too!

Easily one of the smoothest tracks on the tape.....this is a solid release by Wale....some tracks I dont care for but then there are those standout tracks that are heat.....Chun Li, Limitless, Back 2 Ballin and of course Right One......

Dude is wack. I live in the DMV an I gotta hear this "bamma" every damn where. Son is average on his best day.

dont like Wale much but this tape is kinda nice .. standout songs
\
Change Up
Bad
Chun Li
H2O
Flat Out- minus the Trinidad verse

and i just skimmed through it probly listen tomorrow

this mixtape wasnt that special to me..maybe ill have to listen to it a few times before it gets airtime in the whip

More about nothing wale was a rapper in his prime. This... This florian.. It's ok

maaaaan More about nothing, and mixtape about nothing !? Don't get no better.... Wale was my guy. I'll admit I liked 'More About Nothing' first, then went back to peep the first one. I want that Wale back. Seriously. I wasn't even feeling 'Ambition' all like that, but that was better than this.

Wale has been my favorite rapper since '08.. Watched this dude grow every tape/album. "Folarin" is some of his best work IMO. It wasn't really too many tracks on there that had subject, but tracks like "Cool Off", "H20", & "Money Changes" all had subject & are easily the best tracks on the tape. More About Nothing was 90% subject.

mean.gif
this is subpar.  Ilovehiphop43 c'mon son

If u guys really sit back & listen to the mixtape u will hear that he's a addressing everybody that say they miss the "old wale" or just plain out hate him... Instead of hearing a beat listen to the man spit b/c his lyrics is by no means worse to me, I just think he is disliked b/c of the label he is signed to

I'm really enjoying this tape, Wale's subject matter never really changed to me just the beats did, he still spits the same

Back
Top Bottom