WALE on MTV.

^
ONLY if you knew...

lol.

You better off applying to work for Vince at the WWE than being in the music business.

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

It's not so much a stealing thing with the Shawty song, but a who can get it out first thing. For example, R Kelly's Same Girl. I'm sure the long lost Shoe Don can come in a break things down when it comes to this.
The dudes in this forum carry more tampons than I do.

no way that song was Marky's before Plies...I know Plies' A&R, that song is MADDDDD old

oh the rumor mill

^^^

I know Billy Jean and she's piss'd that MJ didn't feature her in the video.

IT IS MORE OFFICIAL THAN BEFORE...
Still Counting.

Congrats Wale finally seein some real music gettin some recognition....unlike some we see.. Souljaboy (Cough cough)

Quote:
no way that song was Marky's before Plies...I know Plies' A&R, that song is MADDDDD old

You're right, the song is mad old. Me and Rico had Marky on our show and he broke down how it happened. He was with Atlantic at one point (so is Plies). Marky even had talks with Craig Kallman who is the CEO of Atlantic about plans for the single, etc. The single was gonna be for Young Steff at first featuring Marky. Steff is signed with Rich Harrison's label which is through Atlantic. The song then turned into strictly Marky. Whatever reason, Atlantic didn't go with that. The got passed on the Plies AND Webbie. Webbie is with Asylum Records which is tied to Atlantic. Basically, Atlantic really loves the track and they wanted it to work with some damn body. lol
The dudes in this forum carry more tampons than I do.

wale is doin big things...bout to perform tonight at the VMA's with Ronson
References: Dstylesz, DippedinSauce, 160jordansdeep,John Nike VA, Comradess,mike493961, collie, whitetbluejeansnnikes...5 positive feedback points on ISS.com

speaking of MTV, did 50 carry the @#%$ out of B.

Mo Money
far from Bammed Out​

Wale at the VMA's :pimp:
pimp.gif
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

Man, I missed it. How was it?
HANG THE DJ"Because the music that they constantly play, says nothing to me about my life..."

This is very good news. Congrats.
LAST WEEKEND I TOOK A TRIP
When I returned home...I celebrated my accomplishment.
IT WILL UNFOLD VERY SOON
Don't worry yourselves.

There are also producers and writers who will preview their work for an artist. The artist wants to buy it and will think it's therir's, but the paper work doesn't get taken care of so the producer/ writer sells it to someone else.

The "Yeah" beat was originally Petey Pablo's. Usher heard it and was all over it, so Lil Jon convinced Petey to let it go and that he would give him another hit. That joint turned out to be "Freak-a-leak."

Onyx and AZ both had a song called "Welcome Back" that sampled the theme to "Welcome Back Kautter." It was produced by the same person who sold the beat twice.

"One Thing" was for J-Lo.

The "We Gon Make It" beat was originally Ras Kass'. He claimed The Alchemist sold it to him and then to Jadakiss. The Alchemist said he never got the check from Priority and they never returned his calls, so he sold it to Kiss.

Clipse passed on a lot of the Neptunes beats that went to other artists including "Give It To Me."

You can go all the way back to Motown and see how they recycled a bunch of their songs amongst their artists.

It's common practice.

I know I should support al the local artist that get a lil bit of shine on MTV or BET, but thank God it was Wale and not Tabbe Bonet. If one more bamma from down here in NC try to play me on that "Put me In The Pocket" BS, Imma kirk off da no BS tip.
202< Bush Lives In My Backyard, He Doesn't Dare Hop That Fence >202

I like Tabbey myself...

As an Artist...and the CD as a whole.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

He was in the Rolling Stone with Kanye and 50 on the cover too. Plus a whole page in XXL. Wait, does this mean when he blows across the country, I can say I listened to his first mixtapes? About time DC/VA/MD has someone to claim. (No offense to Clipse, Missy, Timbaland, and Pharrell, but they're more VA Beach area)
The Fresh Prince of Egypt
Down with the Jumpman since 1987
Down with the WWF/E since 1990
Born and raised in Virginia​

dang--that would be cool as hail if Wale blew up :lol:
laugh.gif
**Hollywood Squares**
Team Macintosh
Team Vintage Heat​
Only 20 but I'm still OG.​

Back
Top Bottom