Walgreens & Their Theft Policy... What's up w/ it?

c5xybj16un271.jpg

🪵🪵🪵

This is def some Walgreens policy and it's been like that for years.
I remember back in the day (late 90's or early 00's) I was with a group of kids from the neighborhhood just walking around and causing chaos and one of the dudes went inside a Walgreens and walked out with a boom box like nothing
Lol.. used to plan out jacking iPhone chargers and Gillette razors .. we could OG just walked out with it??! ****

Hire security that actually puts hands on thse bozos.
And risk getting hit with lawsuits? We know that isn't realistic. It would be funny but you would essentially have to have combat assessments given during the hiring process to insure you have someone valuable working the front door.

My boy Gary works Loss Prevention at Target, here's some basic points I remember from our talks.

-Reverse Psychology is a shoplifters best friend. Hold the item(s) in your hand and make eye contact as you pass by. People don't realize what your doing until your halfway by the exit. And even then, you get the benefit of the doubt...people scratch their head...maybe he came in to return the item and decided he wanted to keep it? But yeah worse thing you can do is conceal items, or look around trying to see if somebody is looking at you cause it's pointless.

-Most successful shoplifters (there's actually dudes who do it 8 hours per day M-F like it's a real job) rotate stores. Like say you live in Indianapolis you got maybe 100 diff Walgreens, CVS, home depot, lowes in a 30 mile radius. The dudes who get caught are usually the young millenial dudes who don't have cars. They just continuously hit the same dozen stores within a 2 mile radius until they get caught

-Speaking of cars, once you hit the parking lot the only means they have to identify you is your license plate. Back in 2015 alit of Walmart and Krogers started setting up those blue light cameras for this purpose. Solution? Park across the street.

-If you get confronted, depending on how physically fit the LP officer is determines how you should react. If he's fat just start running. If he can give you a run for your money, do something to disarm him like smile in his face, respond "Really?" ..., then proceed to break his ankles like Iverson did MJ in 1998. They're used to dudes just surrendering, so there gonna be caught off balance if you start jetting.

-Dont sleep on Dollar stores and thrift stores. Family Dollar and Dollar General have some stuff in the $20-30 range.

That security guard should be ashamed of himself.
Why?
Security stops him and they get into a confrontation and potentially beats his ***. What happens next? He gets fired. Potentially sued.
For people to say “he was just stealing because he’s hungry” on some AOC vibes.
Basically, just let the thief go and go about your day like nothing happened. Less problems

Sorry for being vague. I’m aware of the theft policies at these establishments and the potential liabilities. I agree with you. When I said he should be ashamed of himself, I meant he should be ashamed of himself for letting someone ride a bike into a store and didn’t think something was suspicious about it. One of his responsibilities is to watch the door and monitor people entering and exiting. I’ve never seen a security guard pull his phone out and start recording, that’s what the store cameras are for. I’ve seen nosey people, that should be minding their own business do that, but not security guards. Just go stand by the damn door and don’t let anyone with a AR-15 in.

When I was a teen I worked at Walgreens and I'm not surprised. People stole all sorts of stuff but management told us never to engage and never chase them. As a conservative I disagree with that approach and think that teaching our kids about the dangers of liberal conjecture and innuendo is the only way we can stop this.

My boy Gary works Loss Prevention at Target, here's some basic points I remember from our talks.

-Reverse Psychology is a shoplifters best friend. Hold the item(s) in your hand and make eye contact as you pass by. People don't realize what your doing until your halfway by the exit. And even then, you get the benefit of the doubt...people scratch their head...maybe he came in to return the item and decided he wanted to keep it? But yeah worse thing you can do is conceal items, or look around trying to see if somebody is looking at you cause it's pointless.

-Most successful shoplifters (there's actually dudes who do it 8 hours per day M-F like it's a real job) rotate stores. Like say you live in Indianapolis you got maybe 100 diff Walgreens, CVS, home depot, lowes in a 30 mile radius. The dudes who get caught are usually the young millenial dudes who don't have cars. They just continuously hit the same dozen stores within a 2 mile radius until they get caught

-Speaking of cars, once you hit the parking lot the only means they have to identify you is your license plate. Back in 2015 alit of Walmart and Krogers started setting up those blue light cameras for this purpose. Solution? Park across the street.

-If you get confronted, depending on how physically fit the LP officer is determines how you should react. If he's fat just start running. If he can give you a run for your money, do something to disarm him like smile in his face, respond "Really?" ..., then proceed to break his ankles like Iverson did MJ in 1998. They're used to dudes just surrendering, so there gonna be caught off balance if you start jetting.

-Dont sleep on Dollar stores and thrift stores. Family Dollar and Dollar General have some stuff in the $20-30 range.

This guy tryna set people up for failure. :lol:

Why?
Security stops him and they get into a confrontation and potentially beats his ***. What happens next? He gets fired. Potentially sued.
For people to say “he was just stealing because he’s hungry” on some AOC vibes.
Basically, just let the thief go and go about your day like nothing happened. Less problems

I worked at seasonal at Kohl’s years ago. Their LP team would get hyped to bust people. Would tackle them the second they walked out the door and did all sorts of stuff they shouldn’t have done. How they didn’t get sued was beyond me.

this is what people with no good options do.

y'all really think mfs grew up wanting to hustle black market deodorant on the train?

you have a lot more in common with the expropriator than some ****ing superstore.

accept that and we'll all get a lot further.

People with no good options do……….did the Post Office and or McDonald’s stop hiring all of a sudden?? Also does the no good options theory apply if your home gets burglarized??

I worked at seasonal at Kohl’s years ago. Their LP team would get hyped to bust people. Would tackle them the second they walked out the door and did all sorts of stuff they shouldn’t have done. How they didn’t get sued was beyond me.
I knew people back in the day who work at Stater Bros and would love when people would try to steal ****. Allegedly, they would chase them out the store and beat their *** if they caught up to them.

But the way things are nowadays, you can’t do that ****. I even expect policing to get this way if **** gets worse with use of force/lawsuits

People with no good options do……….did the Post Office and or McDonald’s stop hiring all of a sudden?? Also does the no good options theory apply if your home gets burglarized??

I think we both know boosting from Ross and kicking down somebody's front door are two different options...neither good, one better.

...wait, working at McD's is a good option?

Probably the most informative post since datznasty datznasty wanted tips to commit insurance fraud.

This thread has completely blown my mind

Homie filled up an XXXXXXXL garbage bag 4 days in a row

When I was at GSU in Atlanta all the security at cvs/Walgreens/publix were off duty armed cops

When I was a teen I worked at Walgreens and I'm not surprised. People stole all sorts of stuff but management told us never to engage and never chase them. As a conservative I disagree with that approach and think that teaching our kids about the dangers of liberal conjecture and innuendo is the only way we can stop this.

If you guys put work boots and job applications in front of all the valuable merchandise, and put toy guns next to the kale and starbucks, it would keep the liberal thieves away and would most importantly stop the steal.

Back
Top Bottom