Walked into Supreme for the first time today

Originally Posted by Greezee

Originally Posted by needemjs

Hit em with the "And you better have ya homies come pick you up if you wanna make it home tonight"
162038_o.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Man dudes are arrogant in any Urban street store.....I go to the stussy store in DC...and if you're not fresh them dudes wont even step up to help you...they just completely ignore you.
And at the end of the day... they're still working retail making a crappy paycheck.  I would laugh at them before I let them be rude to me.
That's not a shot at people who work retail, I used to in my college days.  Just the ones who think they are too good for their customers.

I don't look like the typical Supreme customer and I've always been treated great.

Gotten stuff from back for me that wasn't out, let me try on multiple items, even had dude dap me up when I hadn't been there in months (I go maybe 6 times a year).

You'd think I bought a ton of stuff, but it is usually 1 tee or a pair of pants.

Not sure what y'all are doing wrong or expecting.

TOOK MY LIL BRO TO SUPREME NYC

HE WANTED A PAIR OF DUNKS RETAIL WERE $65

GO UP TO THE REGISTER AND THE TOOL GOES $95...I SAID DOESN'T IT SAY $65 ON THE STICKER PRICE, HE GOES WHILE PLAYING WITH HIS PHONE..."THAT'S THE SUGGESTED PRICE, THAT'S THE PRICE THEY SUGGEST WE SELL THEM FOR, WE SUGGESTED $95 FOR THESE"

I CALMLY WALKED AWAY WITH MY LIL BRO CRYING CUZ HE WANTED THEM BADLY BUT HE LEARNED A LESSON. NEVER LET JERKS TRY AND GET OVER ON YOU CUZ THEY THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU. I ENDED UP GETTING THE SAME KICKS FOR $49 @ TRANSIT

POINT BEING THEM DUDES ARE LAMES

Originally Posted by shogun

From the stories I read on this site, it seems like half the people experienced rude employees and the other half had no problems.  I've never been to a store, I'll try to check out the NY one when i'm in Soho.  I wonder how they treat the Asian resellers that come in and try to buy all the stock.
A lot of people don't like Supreme but I see them as still the #1 skate/streetwear brand.  Other companies have died but Supreme will always be around and sell out of stuff.  I've heard their clothes are great quality too.  I like a lot of their simple stuff.

If there's a line for something hyped dropping, they actually let the resellers skip the line.
The owner, James Jebbia, don't mind resellers. I remember reading an interview where he said as long as there are resellers, then the brand is doing something right.

@OP, just read your post last page. But honestly, what did you expect them to do? I worked retail before and I had customers come to me for stuff and if it's sold out in that size and color, I tell them that and keep it moving. Its not like try can do anything if it's sold out. Maybe you might settle for a different color but a lot of times, the customers I've dealt with only want a certain color so I don't do anything further unless they ask about other colors. You have to remember st a streetwear brand, they make the same regardless of how much of the stock sells. That said, to address the ppl saying they make retail, I heard they make a lot more than the average retail worker, but I have no confirmation of that

I say it doesn't bother me, but I am like 20x more likely to keep shopping at stores where the employees are cool. I just cant stand the hang-arounds who don't work there, they just sit there all day, talk to whoever's workings, and mug everyone that comes through. But it is what it is, when my boys owned their shop out here and I would end up being that dude posted in there watching college football on Saturdays or whatever.

My experience

Ubiq in philly gone a bunch went to college there...usually rude lol.

Stussy DC....rude

Commonwealth DC....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nicest dudes will continue to shop there.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

TOOK MY LIL BRO TO SUPREME NYC

HE WANTED A PAIR OF DUNKS RETAIL WERE $65

GO UP TO THE REGISTER AND THE TOOL GOES $95...I SAID DOESN'T IT SAY $65 ON THE STICKER PRICE, HE GOES WHILE PLAYING WITH HIS PHONE..."THAT'S THE SUGGESTED PRICE, THAT'S THE PRICE THEY SUGGEST WE SELL THEM FOR, WE SUGGESTED $95 FOR THESE"

I CALMLY WALKED AWAY WITH MY LIL BRO CRYING CUZ HE WANTED THEM BADLY BUT HE LEARNED A LESSON. NEVER LET JERKS TRY AND GET OVER ON YOU CUZ THEY THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU. I ENDED UP GETTING THE SAME KICKS FOR $49 @ TRANSIT

POINT BEING THEM DUDES ARE LAMES
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

not one damb of customer service was given

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

@!@% Supreme

Someone should go in there and bring mad stuff up to the counter and act like youre gunna buy all that stuff and then just walk out the store, leaving a pile of #*$# at the register
laugh.gif

what would generaiya have done if generaiya didnt get the service that generaiya wanted? would generaiya have walked out or would generaiya have started talking aloud about generaiya the same way generaiya does on niketalk when generaiya talks about generaiya?

Originally Posted by Mr718

Tried to buy some overpriced $56 hat. Dude behind the counter was a douche. Almost reverted to that life but remembered where I was. That store will never get $1 of my money. /rant
how was he rude? but yea BurnRubber and DoubleUp are the only urban boutiques ive been that treat people cool, i walk in there bummy and still get acknowledgment and attentiveness without it being like Footlocker where i feel like im pressured into purchasing anything i touch, but i did walk into some no name boutique in Detroit with my work clothes on and dudes looked me up and down and didnt say anything, straight female-esque, then they ignored me when i was asking for my size, but i never get tight about anything, i just dont give them my business

Originally Posted by Mr718

So here's what happened when I went in... Looked around for a sec, saw a couple of hats, and picked one up and walked to the counter. Dude behind the counter was there having a convo with another worker. Asked for a 7 5/8 and dude dead looked at me like I just smacked his mother, "We dont have that size, only 7 3/4". Then turns around and acts like I disappeared suddenly and continued his convo. Me: Well let me try the 7 3/4. Him: We got 7 3/4 but not that color. (Turns back around to continue his convo). Felt like punching him in his temple but I threw the hat and kept it moving. Glad Kidult did what he did. Hope he does it again.

this story pissed me off for some reason 
laugh.gif

i never like going in there

the ONE TIME i went to supreme in LA years back

these dudes straight yelled at some dudes for unfolding a shirt to see what was on it
laugh.gif

I went to Supreme NYC back last year and they seemed okay. I mean they didn't ask if I needed anything but I didn't get that vibe like they were being punks.

Wonder how the other Supreme's are like in London and Tokyo. I'll be damn if some Japanese dude is coppin' an attitude for someone unfolding a shirt.

I've never had bad customer service when walking into these type of stores.

And to the guy that said FTC Sac is like that, I went into the store looking for some Vans in sweat pants and still got great service.

Maybe you guys are expecting too much? Or are really sensitive?

I been to supreme nyc once except for like one dude all them @*@@+# was watching some skate video
Boundless nyc is where its at tho them dudes is cool

Semi derail. Why do people get pissed about the customer service at a store? I could give a flying %$!% if the service is bad, as long as I get my product, I'm straight. You don't go to a store for customer service(although the exceptional service can make that particular store a preference), you go there for the products, the person helping is simply a middle man. Why do people get so emotional about it?

I went to the one in Soho and got immediately dapped up, as soon as I walked in the door. This was back in last October of 09, though.

LOL, Supreme still like that? People been complaining about customer service at Supreme for like 8 years now...

As many times as we've heard this same story, you would think y'all wouldn't walk in with such high expectations anymore...

I've never had a problem...have y'all ever tried speaking to them? I've never acknowledged an employee and been ignored...usually chop it up with this dude ery time I go to the soho store...

And on the flipside have y'all ever worked retail? Dealing with tourists and hypebeasts all day that ask questions like "is this where Tyler the creator shops?" (true story)...

Then again it is NY, I expect a degree of rudeness upon crossing the bridge...

And as far as the Stussy dc store, as a resident lurker, I've never seen them ignore anybody...

Some of y'all expect to walk into these stores and get that chic-fil-a "my pleasure" service and to make a new BFF while shopping...

Back
Top Bottom