Want to appear in Jordan Brand magazine? Here's your chance

Publish this: In 2001, I put all of San Antonio onto this site called hata-takahashi that I just stumbled upon. I left after I found they were fakes. Last month I punched a guy in the face who had on fakes at the b-ball court. He swore his silver/blk 11's were hotter than my OG blk/red 11's |I
tired.gif
So I punched him and calmly walked away :evil:
devil.gif

[/center]

I was just looking at the first issue of the jordan brand magazine and i noticed sumthing horrible. The collector had many fakes in his picture . How could they have a collector in the Jordan Brand Magazine with FAKE Jordans. Anybody else notice this?

My story is similar to daaznfella's.

I work in a shoe store as well. This guy came in asking if we had some "other" shoes(AF1s). I told him we didn't, and he proceded to tell me how he had some in the trunk of his car and that he'd sell them to the store if they wanted them. I told him that I don't think that would be a good idea considering that I didn't know him from any other con artist that comes in the store all day. He then told me that he had the new Jordan XVIII. I asked where they were(considering I've seen the pics LONG b4 the release thanx to a friend at this website that I love so much :wink:
wink.gif
) and he held his foot up. They were the black/royal XVIIIs. They looked ok, except for one small problem: They were LEATHER!!!! I told him that those weren't the XVIIIs because the ones being released would have black suede, not leather. He told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that those were the ones that he got from Japan. I laughed and told him that he should send them back. He then said some bad words, called me a name, and left the store.

Believe me, that's just one of the MANY stories that I have. I know anyone else that works at a shoe store can agree. Every weekend is a new story to tell. :lol:
laugh.gif

Why does everyone think that since they came from Japan that they're automatically legit sneaks

sameoldb@hotmail.com
NC Born, ATL raised.......

THANK GOD!!!! I thought nike would never make this public....Im glad...they should have a list of all the fake sites tooo...but then again it probably would atract more customers rather then drawing then away...anyways im glad it's finally here.
Dade County - 305

R.I.P. JMJ

Here's a story :
This was a year and a half and I was on Thanksgiving vacation in Boston, MA where my relatives live. Well the day after T-giving, we head up to the mall for Black Friday. It was packed and people were going crazy, you know the usual day after T-giving in any shopping center. So I head up to Footlocker to look at some shoes and this guy and his "crew" came into the store. This dude had on fake XIs with grey upper, white patent, white midsole, clear sole. He came in all strutting and stuff and remember the stores were packed so people ran up to him asking "Oh man! Where did you get those?" I knew exactly what he was going to say and he said..."Oh my brother works for Nike up in Chicago." People were saying how hot they were and were offering crazy money for them but i just shook my head in disgust then this guy who I saw earlier came in with Real Black/Red XIs. They weren't out yet but if you can remember a lot of people were getting them a little early from mom and pop shops...but these were scheduled for a December 15 release, so about half a month away from public release ( correct me if I'm wrong ). So people were saying stuff to the guy with the fake XIs on and I went up to the guy with Black/reds on and complimented him and he said thanks and told him what was going on over with the guy and his fakes. So he went up to crowd and was clowning the guy on how fake they were, comparing them to his pair which were the real thing. The shape of the fakes the guy had on were terribly wrong compared to the Black/Reds which were obvious and don't understand how some people couldn't distinguish that at first sight. So people believed the guy with real Jordans and the guy with the fakes was blushing and was like "Man, I'm telling you, this guy ain't know sh*t, MAN!" But people obviously knew who told the truth...and that's my funny encounter with fakes.

The Worst Fakes : Any Jordans with Fake designer Material on them...and the Fake XIs, the shape and patent leather are horrible.

Email : phdprep23@hotmail.com
Adult Swim Crew:Wasting precious time on Sunday evenings

mackaville@hotmail.com

I cannot stand fakes. I see people at school wearing "exclusive" Jordans all of the time and the sad thing about it is that they actually were tricked into believing that they were exclusive Jordans. My friend came to me at school one day and told me about this website that had all of these fake/"exclusive" Jordans in more colors than Dennis Rodmans hair. I told him not to buy them and he did. So he wore them for the basketball season which I told him not to do.... He did not listen. By the 2nd quarter the sole was coming off and later in the 3rd, the whole left sole came completely off. I feel sorry for him though becuase he paid $250.00 for them. Fakes should never even exist. They are getting so out of control that I do not even know who to trust anymore. When I see people wearing fakes I always ask them where they got those ugly shoes and for how much. I laugh at some of the responses. The funniest fake story that I EVER heard was when some guy at school was talking about the Jordan XXIII's and how he could get them from some guy selling them online. Jordan Brand hasn't even finished the XIX's yet! Well that's it. I think I'm going to go on ebay and buy those Jordan XX's in the exclusive Lakers colorway right now with the buy it now for $650.00.
"Why should I be worried about a shot that I haven't even taken yet?"

- Michael Jordan

MC412WHAT@Lycos.com

I'd never be caught dead in fake Jordans. I don't support them. I don't support the sale of them, and I don't support the purchase of them. Why? Do I really need to spell it out? OK, I will.

I've found several dictionary definitions of the word "fake". A couple are as follows:

"To contrive and present as genuine; counterfeit."

"A trick; a swindle."

Fake J's are all of these. We see them everywhere: Ebay, banner advertisements on hip-hop sites, and some of us have been unfortunate enough to see them on somebodys feet. It's sad that anyone would knowingly pay their hard earned money for a fake shoe; sometimes paying MORE than it would cost for the real deal. You can counterfeit all the money you want. It won't make you a millionaire. You can buy all the fake kicks you want, too. Guess what? You still dont have Military Blue's on your feet, and you sure don't have some unreleased pair of XI's that you got from somebody who has an uncle that's real tight with somebody in the Nike front office. What you DO have is a pair of cheaper-than-Payless kicks that are gonna fall apart faster and cost you 20 times more. Above all, you have something that's disgracing the good name of Jordan.

The worst part about it is that a lot of people are unknowingly getting scammed from this. These sellers throw up the words "factory variant" and try to fool people; and they do. Maybe kids bid on a pair of Space Jams, or they want to have the next color of the XVIII's before they hit the street. They bid and pay their hard earned money and get robbed in return with an inferior, overpriced, artificial product. Yeah, they'll turn heads...but those same heads are gonna laugh right back at them.

We, as the real fans, need to spread the word about this. We need to let people know what "variant" means. Let them know that Nike never made Gucci III's and XI's. Let them know that the XVII's Fab rocked in his new video aren't coming out...ever. Let the webmasters know that they're misleading the very people that visit their sites by posting misleading advertisements. Let people know that they should ask someone knowledgeable before they buy something online. It could save them a lot of money and a lot of pride. Overall, we need to put shame in the word fake, however they chose to spell it.
"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared."​

Instead of an experience, I would simply like to share a point of view with Jordan brand. I think we all will agree that the battle to stop the ever-growing flow of fakes worldwide will never be completely won. >:
mad.gif
I do feel that Jordan brand could take some creative steps toward diminishing their appeal. First off is the most obvious. Involve and educate their consumers. I am amazed at how many people I have met or know that have no idea which Jordan shoe they are wearing, or if its real or fake. Bottom line, they bought the shoes for their looks! Or how about the shoe freaks who customize their new kicks with paint or fabric in their quest to be exclusive or unique. It would help if Jordan brand could give their consumers the ability to personalize certain models. I cant tell you how many times I have drooled over Mike Bibbys custom color Jordans. :nerd:
nerd.gif
Or Kobe (who is yet to officially sign with any shoe company) and his Lakers color Air Jordan Retro VIII. If Jordan brand is willing to produce these special color shoes for their player representatives who wear these shoes in front of a worldwide audience. Why would they not make these same models available to the paying consumer??? If Jordan brand wont, you can bet that black market shoe factory overseas will! With MJ now retired and Team Jordan firmly in place and growing stronger. It would make sense to promote the shoes that the stars representing Team Jordan are wearing, along with the traditional Jordan colors. It is my observation that right now the pulse of the Jordan culture is focused on individual expression. If the consumer cant obtain it from Jordan brand, they will look elsewhere! The end result >>>> FAKE EPIDEMIC! >:
mad.gif

Shahin1189@yahoo.com
My friend at school was looking at fake sneakers on coolkicks.com, he says yo i'm ordering those, and i'm like man all those shoes on that website are fakes. Then I started to educate him about fake sneakers, now everytime, he wants to buy a pair of Jordans, he asks me if they are all good. Everytime I play basketball, and see people wearing fakes, i tell them that, and they all ask me how I know, and I tell them that Nike or Jordan Brand never released those colors, or how deformed the sneakers are.
Goodbye Michael Jordan, we will miss you

Im from Oregon the birthplace of nike and JB so anyone who has enough courage to walk out in fakes will get called out. I have to say that the nastiest pair of variants I've ever seen are the red/white/blue colorway. :x
sick.gif
This kid rocks em everyday, so we call him captain america. I guess he just doesnt understand the love.

Jumpman23mj45@hotmail.com

In Michigan, there are not many places where people understand the problem with buying Air Jordans. It is hard to explain to someone that you NEED to buy shoes because they are very important. But only authentic shoes are to be purchased. I do not condone the purchasing of Fakes or the industry of Fake shoes periods. I only buy Air Jordans because they are the best, and they have the best quality. Not some cheap plastic and fake leather that is made to look like an original Air Jordan. I try to buy every pair that I can, but I only have so much money (*wink-wink*). But if it came down to not buying Air Jordans at all, or buying fakes, I would stick with the 15 pair that I have, and not buy anything else. With the disgusting colorways, and the horrible quality that is floating around this world, why would you want anything but the best. Once you have tried on the Air Jordan line, you will not turn back.

While I was going to Cleveland to see Michael Jordan play one more time (Goodbye to the G.O.A.T.) I noticed a lot of fake Air Jordans. I have a unique eye for spotting out fake shoes, because that is my main hobby (collecting shoes). I do not like to call anyone out on their mistakes, but it has to be done. I noticed as I was heading to my seats that a group of kids had on Fake Air Jordans. So I stared and tried to tell whether or not they were painted or fakes. But it did not take me long to pick them out. I did not say anything to them because I wanted to get to my seats.
But I saw the following fakes:

Air Jordan XI - White/Blue/Red
Air Jordan XI - White-Red (Patent Leather)
Air Jordan IX - Olive/Black/Red (But the Olive was dyed black)
Air Jordan XVII+ - White-Red
Air Jordan XVIII - Black Leather and Red Bottom

But I saw many fakes that night, and it kind of makes me angry, because they think that have the exclusive joints, but all they have is plastic glued together to look like Air Jordans. I work hard for my money to buy authentic Air Jordans and if that is going to be the trend now is to have every color of the fake Jordans, then it is going to be a sad world.

PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT FAKE AIR JORDANS!

Sincerely,
Brian Hirt a.k.a. Mossified842345

MICHAEL JORDAN: 1984-2003​
I Listened...I Was Aware Of My Success...But I Never Stopped...Trying To Get Better.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: MY STORY BY MICHAEL JORDAN: THE G.O.A.T.​

mostwanted@rcn.com

Frankly speaking, I m not an expert or a crazy sneakers Collector, but under the influence of my friends (who got over 100 pairs of sneakers in their houses), I started to pay attention the nicely designed and stylish Nikes and Jordans. I often see people wear the fake Jordans, such as... the XI with gucci fabric.. or any Jordans with different ugly colorway, I usually talk to them like I dont know those Jordans they got are fake, and the funny thing is they usually proudly tell me they got them online for around 125bucks online. Most of the fake Jordans I saw were made pretty much in good quality... and those websites just make them in different varieties of color to attract buyers. So those idiots out there will buy them and wear them on the street like they got the "limited edition" of the Jordans which other people cant get in stores. lol

another story is my friend eddy he bought the fake Jordans VII from a guy in china. He showed me the sneakers and I was rolling on floor laughing. The Jumpman logo looks like a skinny Jordan dancing ballet, and the quality is so bad. I also heard there are so many fake Jordans and NiKes out there in asia too. China and HongKong are the places I know where you can find them.

peace.

To hell with that idea. Why is NIKE putting in the effort to ask us about fakes when they are clearly allowing them to be sold on the net and in stores? Shame on you NIKE. Spend your time stopping the people who are making and distributing these shoes all over the world. Then come talk to us. The only reason they contacted NT through Mr. Method Man is because if anyone posted crap like this here it would be locked or deleted. Besides, the questions being asked are rediculous. Who the hell cares what your friends think about fakes. Truth is, most people love fakes and could care less that they're not "real." You think JB is going to put that in their Mag? Of course not...go ahead and tell them what they wanna hear my friends...I sure as hell won't.

Hello:

Lilyates06@sbcglobal.net

I happened to be playing ball at venice beach last saturday and I saw somebody playing in some "variant" Jordan Blk and Red XIII... :rolleyes
eyes.gif

I was really hurt because these are my holy grails. I saw him from like 2 courts away and ran over there.... I was going to try to buy them right off his feet..This is before I relized that they were variants....When I got up close I was totally disgusted.... >:
mad.gif

The funny thing is 20 minutes later while playing full court he rolled his ankle in those poorly made jordans and was done for the day....When I asked when he got those in such good condition he said platinumkicks.com.....
I was heated.
Thats my story and just writing this is making me mad all over again....
4 those of you at the Hollywood Love Truck I was the 1 with the candy cane socks and red Jordan T-Shirt...
Alex knows....
Later see ya'll in the Jordan Mag... :tongue:
tongue.gif

Kobe Bryant for MVP? No Doubt

well I was in the barbershop chillin' in the chair waiting for my cut... rockin my concord XI's when some fool came in and told me that my shoes were "nice" but he had something "OFF THE CHAIN!"
He goes into his bag and pulls out a pair of wht/blue patent leather XI's with the red sole. He called them "USA PATENTS"

He claimed his brother worked for nike and these were the kicks that Ray Allen was going to wear during the Olympics that year! :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he then offered to sell these "ultra rare" kicks to my barber for $170, my barber not knowing was about to shell out the dough for these badboys....

I could no longer keep my mouth shut, "Ummm son them joints is fake!"

Me and my barber go back about 8 years and he knows, that I breathe these J's so he decided not to buy 'em.... I then put my red/blue suit and cape away!

email:dcypha50@hotmail.com

Check dCypha's Greatest hits @: http://www.mp3.com/dcypha

http://members.shaw.ca/ricky.lim/slickrick.htm

Hey Jordan shoes fanatics; this is a story about my one and only incident where I came face to face with a pair of Jordan Fakes. Dun.....Dun Dun Dun***Dramatic move music*** I love Air Jordan kicks with a passion but I also hate fake Jordans with a passion too.

There was a time where I wished I would never ever see a pair of fake Jordans in my life. I seen plenty of pictures on the net and was disgusted by them. God knows how I will react if I see a pair in person.

With many fake Jordans saturating the market, I am annoyed at how sellers are portraying them as authentic Jordan shoes luring unexpecting rookies to waste hard earned money for a pair of ugly deformed shoes with Jumpman logo smacked on it.

I had a great streak going but the day have to come sooner or later. They day will come where I will stand face to face with a pair of fake Jordans. I was searching on eBay and got a pair of XI Blk/Red at a great price. I had a pair before but traded them for a pair of XIIIs. I couldnt wait to get them to reunite the Blk/Red colorway back with his XIs brothers and complete my XI mids retro collection. Two weeks later, I was excited to see a package waiting for me on my doorsteps. I opened it to see a pair of Jordans. I never saw a pair of fakes in my life so it didnt hit me until I held them up close. The material literally stinks with the absence of that unique new XIs leather scent. The Jumpman logo looked like "George Costanza doing the pose with a huge head, chubby body and flabby arms." The patent leather was cut in different shapes on both shoes, everything looked ugly and deformed. I realized my nightmare has become a reality. I was outraged and felt cheated. I absolutely do not want to have anything to do with fakes. I immediately threw the box in a corner never want to touch or see them again. I emailed the seller. The seller had no idea he sold fake Jordans to me. He told me he was selling them for his sons friend. I told him it was not right selling fake Jordans and claiming they are authentic Jordan shoes. Luckily he was an experience and honest eBay seller and offered a refund only after the kid returns the money. I waited 2 weeks without even touching the unholy box filled with a pair of sins and finally received my money back. It felt great to get my money back just in time to spend it on one of the most beautifully designed Js, III White/Cement Grey-Fired Red. I gladly sent the fake Jordans back to the rightful owner and prayed I will never have to encounter this nightmare again.

This is a lesson that should be taught to everyone who buys Jordan kicks online. Many people got cheated for their money but I was lucky enough to be dealing with an honest seller who is willing to refund. So to prevent this from happening, please show fellow NTers the pictures and ask for their opinions. There are many veteran shoe collectors that can distinguish fakes from authentic Jordan shoes. So hopefully this would never happen to Jordan shoes fanatics who appreciate the true beauty and stunning design of authentic Jordans.

PS: If my story don't make it to the magazine, I would appreciate if you at least put the banner I made of I-XVIII in the magazine. Thanks
[/url]​

Here's my story;
I attend the University of MAryland Eastern Shore where there are a lot of people that "claim to know about shoes". I was in the gym playing basketball on a Sunday like I usually do when I almost had a cardiac arrest. There was a guy on the other team wearing a pair of Olympic 7's!!!!!! He won, so he stayed on the court. As soon as we walked on the court to play I asked him why was he wearing those incredible shoes. That's like playing with a baseball signed by Babe Ruth. He sarcastically said he had two pairs, I knew something was wrong. He said he paid $125 for these and about five other pair. I looked closer at the shoes, and the jumpman was totally off. I KNEW they were variants. The game went to sixteen, and at thirteen to twelve, the sole came off of his so-called "Olympic 7's". Everytime I see him I always laugh to myself.
"Any given night/ I perform like Mike/Anyone/Tyson/Jordan/Jackson/Action/Pack Guns/ Ridiculous" Notorious B.I.G.

pockitrockit135@yahoo.com

This stuff is despicable to me. It's gross and out of control.

I don't know why they do this to these beautiful shoes. Or are they really just shoes? No. These have heart. They have soul.

I can't believe anyone would want to do this. I hope anyone and everyone realizes they are not true Jordan fans by wearing these things. I wouldn't even call them shoes. They are trash.

When I see a nice pair of Air Jordans, (The XI White/Black/Dark Concord comes to mind) I can feel the aura of it, like a semi-mystical feeling.

When I see an ugly counterfeit shoe, there is an aura- a unpleasant and negative one.

Fakes are like trash. Don't buy them.

Nolan Chao

I as at my first practice for my AAU basketball team and my friend was wearing fake 17s and I told him "Yo those J's are fake!" And he just said "But they look hot, don't they?" I just let the kid go, but I shouldn't have cause at the end of practice he said "I bet I can touch backboard in my fake kicks" (I knew he was just doin his to defend his fakes) So this kid goes up smacks the backboard lands on the court and his entire shoe falls apart. He hurt his arch on the way down and was out for 2 weeks. :rofl:
roll.gif
I'll never forget it.
tjorsuperman@aol.com

well ive never been a "fake jordan" fan but when the craze first started i admit that i wanted a pair of black/red xi's(this was before they came out. i searched many many sites that sold them and i kept seeing more and more that i wanted but i couldnt decide. so i finally decided on a pair. after visiting niketalk many many times ive learned that fake j's just aint cool so i didnt get mine. to this day i see people in my town wearing fake j's and they think they are hurting everybody and breakin necks. I was at this Slam Dunk contest the other day and one of the contestants had on a pair of white/red viii's. When he first got on the court everybody was sweatin him about them and i know he felt special. I had on my black/chrome viii's that i got 3 weeks ahead of time and he took all the attention away from me. I just said in my head that if they only knew he was rockin some cheap fake j's they wouldnt care. i admit that i got kinda jealous all the attention werent on my shoes but i knew the truth. He should have gotten negative attention for wearing fakes but instead got positive attention. Oh well, the funny thing is that he sprained his ankle. After the game, he said the shoes had no support him them. That probably because they were fake. Oh well............Okera
johnblaze21@hotmail.com
AIM=ChucktownBalla17
MSN=johnblaze21@hotmail.com
Yahoo=Ballaholic7

DATCAROLINABOI AKA downsouthstunna

nesto0o0o@aol.com

i remember a time when the xi's first were to be retroed my brother bought a pair of red\white pair of mids that were so fake it was dumb. the next day we went to school, a communtiy college in sacramento, and everyone couldnt take their eyes off his feet as if they saw god walkin on water or soemthing. i mean we thought it was the funniest thing in the world becuase we knew how fake they were and peers to teachers to parents were askin when those j's came out. we laughed the entire day. when we had our last class a friend of ours from high school saw us and his jaw dropped so far he was gettin drool on his j's. but the funniest thing was the he offered my brother 250$ cash for the shoes off his feet and being that they were fake and he got them for free it would have been dumb to say no. so we met up after class and he gave him the shoes and my brother got 250 cash and he walked accross campus to our car with no shoes. we both had smiles on our face though. someone who had saw us earlier even asked if he got beat up for his shoes and he just smiled and said yea.

the names in the story were not mentioned to protect the inncoent. :wink:
wink.gif

when the blk/red xi came out back in 96, i had a pair but i never really took care of it. those we're my favorite pair of jordans. but when they retroed the concords in 2001, i wanted to get another pair of the black and red one's. i've checked everywhere and it has been rumored that jordan brand is not going to retro this colorway. so i purchased a fake one and wore it till i found out that they are going to be retroed. still, i got to break some necks with them variants.

Back
Top Bottom