Want to make your 07' FR3'S look OG? Come on in!

mr shrewd

Banned
When pics of the Fire Red 3's originally surfaced there were a lot of people complaining on how the elephant print was too dark. Still feel that way? Well, here's a solution(literally)!

not sure if already posted but...

what you'll need is:

-1 rag
-1 bottle of Acetone Nail Polish Remover
-1 bowl of water

1.) Take out your Fire Reds and place them over a towel
2.) Grab bowl and nail polish remover. Pour a little of the nail polish remover into the water, but not too much. The ratio should be like 2:5 (more water than nail polish remover). Mix solution.
3.) Dip towel into solution and begin wiping the elephant portion of your Fire Reds. Put a little pressure on there to soak up the blackness of the elephant print. If you start seeing black ink appear on the rag, congratulations..you're on your way to success.
4.) Wait 30 minutes - 1 hour for elephant print to completely dry. Once you have done this, you should be able to start seeing the elephant print turn from blackish in color to dark grey.
5.) Repeat as many times as necessary. I myself probably did between 5-6 wipings to get the shade that I wanted.

Since the nail polish remover is diluded, it shouldn't mess up any of the paint on your shoe.

*warning* the black lines on your elephant print may start to fade slightly

End Result:

courtesy of sthebest/ ISS
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
Been down since day 1 Member #19- Co-Founder
Newton County​

those look sick but i dont have the balls to try it
"Even def girls say hi to me, she tell her blind friend and she say i gotta see." Weezy

I'm happy with mine but not a bad job, I'll have to remember that little trick. I was hoping you found a way to replace the heal tab with Nike Air though. :lol:
laugh.gif
Thank you Gentry for all of the Nike Outlet exclusives your coming out with this year!

I must say those don't look bad.
TeaM​
GEORGIA SOLE
DEDICATION IS KEY Member #25- DWalk31
DeKalb County​

That's nice. Dunno if I'm going to try it of not.
Team Negrodamus​
TEAM BROOKLYN
TEAM HORSES
"Flying Horses. We are deep."​

They look nice... Can someone post the two dif by each other..

****WANTED ALL DS SIZE 12....
WHITE MELVINS
IX COOL GREY
XII.. BLACK/RED
XV.. BLACK/RED XVI.. BLACK/RRD
XIX... BLACK/RRED

They look fresh but I'm gonna leave my FR 3's as is.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
Team Dodgers
Garciaparra-Kent-Furcal-Kemp-Loney-Ethier-Gonzo-Pierre-R.Martin-Penny-Saito-Broxton

I remember when some one or you posted this before, i prefer the dark cement print, even though they look nice in that pic, they look fake.
TEAMYANKEES​

You guys need to check the sneaker art forum more often thats at least 2months old.
TEAM FILTHYFRESH​
Team Vintage Heat​
Never too old.​
snow's so white only thing missing is 7 dwarfs

Nice in theory, don't know if i have the guts to try it. Forever23 summed it up - you're gonna catch some flack, anyone who knows kicks is gonna see the print on those then see the jumpman on the back and asume you got some fakes on.

You know that the acetone solution, even though it's diluted, will evnetually rub off the white and/or any other 'colored' parts. Use caution. But i highly recommend you DON'T do this.

Those look nice but i'm just gonna keep my FR 3's as they are.
TEAMKINGKOOPA

Team Negrodamus​
..:Team TEXAS:..
.:817:.​

i like my the way it came...
F/S..or F/T..PM me...Jordans I-XIV..mostly size 9...some 8.5 & 9.5....Jordan XI Black Varsity Red sz11, Jordan X black sz 9, & others for SALE L@@K!!.....
Check my ebay outMy Ebay Auctions.....
Ref's: freshazjay11, Two3 Jumpman, ro22ss

Thanks for sharing some knowledge I need to find an extra pair to try something like that.
Duval County
RIP SSG Jeffery Walker
RIP Charles A. Smith

I love those, and have 2 extra pairs, and might try it. The only thing is, like everyone is saying, people will think they're fakes.

I'm still tempted though...VERY tempted.

damn, makes me regret selling them.
Call me a safe bet, I'm betting I'm not. Glad that you can forgive
Only hoping as time goes, you can forget​
Two Loves: Hicks & Kicks

I did it to mine when the original post surfaced. It worked well but I didnt want it to be as light as the pictures above, I just didnt want the elephant print to be completely black.

^the shoe has held up fine, I've probably worn them 3 or 4 times since then
TEAM iSketch
I'm Sketching words you can't even spell.

Back
Top Bottom