WANTED: I desperately need a NTers opinion on this situation ASAP! (PICS)

So I get a heads up of this Tahoe for sell. I E-Mail the seller and here's their reply. Do I pull the trigger or does this scream scam? I understand if it's too good to be true then it probably is so ya'll tell me what ya'll think...

6puqmq.jpg

egd7oy.jpg

5ezxp4.jpg

2s79qwl.jpg

2l9rrjr.jpg

69kklv.jpg

My message to the seller:

----- Original Message -----

To: 

Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:01 PM

Subject: Tahoe
Do you still have that Tahoe available? Is there something wrong with it? And is it $6000 or $4000? Why is it being sold for so cheap? Please get back to me ASAP!

The seller's reply:

[table][tr][td]From:[/td] [td]
  [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sent:[/td] [td]Wed 3/17/10 4:31 AM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]To: [/td] [td]A COLLINS (tegeta@msn.com)[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hello,

I'm sorry for the late response but I just relocated and what I need is rest, and time to settle in to my new home.
I hope you are still interested in buying my chevrolet. Few words about me, I'm a employee of Unicef,
until now I worked at the headquarters in New York but have been promoted as Unicef ambassador for England.

After I was promoted I moved to England and I brought the car with me, but the staff from here offered me
a Range Rover as vehicle for service, i can't have two cars because of high taxes and insurance cost so i decided to sell the Tahoe.

Now few words about the car, the title is clean and ready to be transferred on your name, is currently registered on NY.
I'm the first owner, i received it as vehicle for service in NY and I rarely used it, it has only 32,000 miles and is in excellent running condition.
No flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems or any kind of issues.
The vin number is # 1GNEK13Z62J293017 , you can check the vehicle history with carfax to convince yourself about the car condition.

The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen.
because is a US model car, with the steering wheel on the left side, as opposed to a England model,
that has the steering wheel on the right side. So I decided to post the car for sale in US also because i can offer free transport.

The only thing is that I presently want to enjoy few free days from my job, and I want to avoid any headache or complication.
Therefore, I will take care of shipping and insurance because I have some advantages with a reputable shipping company and the taxes
on this shipping will be low for me to pay.

As for payment and paperwork, I have arranged for us to use eBay Motors, since they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions.

They act as a third party that will keep your payment in a safe account and offer you 7 days to inspect the car so you can decide if you keep or reject the car.

Using eBay Motors you will be fully covered on this purchase and you will have the chance to receive and inspect it before pay me the car.
I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it’s the right way to do this.

So if you agree to buy it, I will open a transaction with eBay Motors, for this i will need your shipping address in the following format :
Receiver Name-
Street Address-
City, State, Zip Code -
And I will get everything started immediately. After this, eBay will contact us with the transaction details and all the instructions to complete this deal.
If you will approve the transaction opened with eBay, the car will be reserved for you
The total price including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address is $4,000.00 ( NOTHING MORE)

Waiting for your reply,

Committee For Unicef
28 Kingsway
London, WC2B 6JR
United Kingdom

might have a bad ******
but I'd still cop...
you could resell for at least 7k maybe 8

As long as you're 100% sure that you can get your money back from that 3rd party I'd say go for it. Just looking at the price and how much it would cost him to ship it back to the states I'd say it's BS. But the story he gives makes complete sense as to why he would want to sell it immediately. I'm just not sure why he'd sell it at 6k when he could sell it for 10k just as quickly.

This is abosolute BS.  Dude works for Unicef and drives a car with chrome rims and tv's in the seats?  Please.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Call UNICEF and see if this dude is an employee.
This.

[Cam] Lie on top of lie on top of lie [/Cam]

Car looks a little too customed out to be owned by the type of cat that works for Unicef.
This is abosolute BS.  Dude works for Unicef and drives a car with chrome rims and tv's in the seats?  Please.
EXACTLY.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

its a scam ask for the vin
He provided the VIN.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

As long as you're 100% sure that you can get your money back from that 3rd party I'd say go for it. Just looking at the price and how much it would cost him to ship it back to the states I'd say it's BS. But the story he gives makes complete sense as to why he would want to sell it immediately. I'm just not sure why he'd sell it at 6k when he could sell it for 10k just as quickly.
^Actually $4K, not $6K.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

^That's what my friend and I were saying...

After reading ya'll replies, I'm gonna call UNICEF and check it out. If they say no one works there by that name then no, I won't be doing the transaction. I thank everyone for their input
happy.gif

AirForce1King wrote:
So I get a heads up of this Tahoe for sell. I E-Mail the seller and here's their reply. Do I pull the trigger or does this scream scam? I understand if it's too good to be true then it probably is so ya'll tell me what ya'll think...

6puqmq.jpg

egd7oy.jpg

5ezxp4.jpg

2s79qwl.jpg

2l9rrjr.jpg

69kklv.jpg

My message to the seller:

----- Original Message -----

To: 

Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 8:01 PM

Subject: Tahoe
Do you still have that Tahoe available? Is there something wrong with it? And is it $6000 or $4000? Why is it being sold for so cheap? Please get back to me ASAP!

The seller's reply:

[table][tr][td]From:[/td][td]
  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Sent:[/td][td]Wed 3/17/10 4:31 AM[/td][/tr][tr][td]To: [/td][td]A COLLINS (tegeta@msn.com)[/td][/tr][/table]
Hello,

I'm sorry for the late response but I just relocated and what I need is rest, and time to settle in to my new home.
I hope you are still interested in buying my chevrolet. Few words about me, I'm a employee of Unicef,
until now I worked at the headquarters in New York but have been promoted as Unicef ambassador for England.

After I was promoted I moved to England and I brought the car with me, but the staff from here offered me
a Range Rover as vehicle for service, i can't have two cars because of high taxes and insurance cost so i decided to sell the Tahoe.

Now few words about the car, the title is clean and ready to be transferred on your name, is currently registered on NY.
I'm the first owner, i received it as vehicle for service in NY and I rarely used it, it has only 32,000 miles and is in excellent running condition.
No flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems or any kind of issues.
The vin number is # 1GNEK13Z62J293017 , you can check the vehicle history with carfax to convince yourself about the car condition.

The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen.
because is a US model car, with the steering wheel on the left side, as opposed to a England model,
that has the steering wheel on the right side. So I decided to post the car for sale in US also because i can offer free transport.

The only thing is that I presently want to enjoy few free days from my job, and I want to avoid any headache or complication.
Therefore, I will take care of shipping and insurance because I have some advantages with a reputable shipping company and the taxes
on this shipping will be low for me to pay.

As for payment and paperwork, I have arranged for us to use eBay Motors, since they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions.

They act as a third party that will keep your payment in a safe account and offer you 7 days to inspect the car so you can decide if you keep or reject the car.

Using eBay Motors you will be fully covered on this purchase and you will have the chance to receive and inspect it before pay me the car.
I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it’s the right way to do this.

So if you agree to buy it, I will open a transaction with eBay Motors, for this i will need your shipping address in the following format :
Receiver Name-
Street Address-
City, State, Zip Code -
And I will get everything started immediately. After this, eBay will contact us with the transaction details and all the instructions to complete this deal.
If you will approve the transaction opened with eBay, the car will be reserved for you
The total price including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address is $4,000.00 ( NOTHING MORE)

Waiting for your reply,

Committee For Unicef
28 Kingsway
London, WC2B 6JR
United Kingdom

SCAM. i saw a 69 camaro on the craigslist and they sent me that exact response that they were relocating and couldn't take it with them. send them another message and they will come back with a different story.

Back
Top Bottom