Was I being rascist?

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I'm more offended that you called it "bubble tease"...

laugh.gif

I used to find it funny when kids used to pick me first for pick up ball.
They were sadly disappointed. Lmao, stereptyping back fired.

OP, that wasn't that bad.  

but idk about if i was chillin and some dude signled me out asking about chicken prices
laugh.gif

Next time, tell em you don't even like chicken and see the reaction. It's always priceless.
laugh.gif

Its not racist and she obviously doesn't know what the word means , but she could have said stop stereotyping.

Bubble tea is an Asian drink though..why waste your time asking someone who probably doesn't know anything about the drink. Ask the Asian girl who more than likely knows. In that case she probably knew the price, but she was just stuck up, or she could of legit not knew, eh.
Not racist or ignorant.

Originally Posted by drainthejumper4

That's like when Jerry asked the mailman where the nearest Chinese restaurant was and the mailman turns around. The mailman was Asian but Jerry couldn't tell from behind, but the mailman still got offended.

this.Btw Op you seem dumb not racist.
ohwell.gif

You werent racist you were just being an idiot. Being racist implies that you hate asian people which wasnt the case here

but i feel that alot of people are pushing this issue away because there were asians involved in this. People tend to think racist situations arent racist at all when it is not against their race, which i feel is not fair at all.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

You werent racist you were just being an idiot. Being racist implies that you hate asian people which wasnt the case here

but i feel that alot of people are pushing this issue away because there were asians involved in this. People tend to think racist situations arent racist at all when it is not against their race, which i feel is not fair at all.

pretty much. im not even asian but its obvious. if Op asked a black chick  how much a 2 piece cost there'd be an outrage.

Yeah, people are definitely overreacting. OP asked an asian person about an asian drink. It's not a far fetched conclusion to think that she would know.

Stereotypes are stereotypes FOR A REASON. They just don't come out of no where.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

I'm more offended that you called it "bubble tease"...

thought it was a typo till OP kept spelling it out as "bubble tease" your ignorance of the word probably came off as racist and offended her. I can picture you saying that to me and emphasizing the tea'SE' part 
laugh.gif

eh more of a sterotype but not racist. I think it would have been better if you asked her if she had actually been to that shop before.

How is that even a question?  Do you expect bubble tea to be some outrageous drink that costs significantly more or less than other drinks?
The answer is somewhere between $2 - $4 depending on the size of your drink.  It's just a drink, buy it if you want one

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

How is that even a question?  Do you expect bubble tea to be some outrageous drink that costs significantly more or less than other drinks?
The answer is somewhere between $2 - $4 depending on the size of your drink.  It's just a drink, buy it if you want one

Even though my statement still stands, this is by far the best response in the tread. This would've avoided all conflict and you would've had a delicious beverage.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

It's said that minorities can't be racist, only prejudiced, because racism implies being a part of the dominant culture.
Not really but I'll play along, even if that were true, what an injustice that would be.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

That really confused me too. Obviously OP has had them before, so you should know the general price range. If you forgot, just go there anyway. 

this reminds me of the thread where a niketalker went into a shoe section of a sporting goods store and the worker told him straight up they didn't have any basketball shoes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MeloManFan

Yes I did ask her because she's Chinese, but is that racist or practical? Its not like I asked her if she knows how to reverse park or something
laugh.gif

This is what bubble tea is

bobadrinkcups.jpg

Comes in all different kinds of flavors like strawberry, vanilla, cherry, watermellon, mango, peach, and the list goes on.

Those black balls are called tapioca. They ite, but I substitute them out for broken up lychee jelly instead with mango ice milk tea
pimp.gif
eek.gif
thats dumb, but its not a big deal at all, it wouldve been racist if you said somethin like "yo (derogatory racial epithet) where the bubble tea at ho? i know yo (racial slur)-$+% know where dey at"

did anyone else assume bubble tease = a girl with a mass? Then I read asian, then I realized it meant bubble tea.

More stereotyping and a little racist, but who else are you gonna ask about bubble tea come on ...

I don't see anything wrong with that but %+$% I ain't Asian so I guess I don't have a say lmao

Back
Top Bottom