Was Pokemon responsible for the death of sports cards collecting?

^^thats awesome.

Yea the experience was half the fun.
U couldnt go online and cop
Trading was based on player preference
The excitement of not knowing wat was in a pack

What a great story, thanks for sharing CP! I think I shed a tear though when you disclosed how much you received for your collection.

You shed a tear? You? My wife thought I was going into a coma. :lol:

I was soft as butter for a week, but I have a little girl now, you do what you gotta do, ya know?

The irony of all this was, last year, I started to buy again. Not as much, obviously, and lot fewer things out there, but someday, I'm gonna be old and retired and need something to do. And that will be it. I'll sit around day after day, goin thru my rebuilt collection, even tho I know I'll never had what I originally had growin up. The hobby, the love of opening packs, sorting, organizing, reading/learning stats etc, was something I loved more than anything else.

CP didn't you say you started buying ds sealed boxes a few months ago?

Yessir. :pimp:

Not nearly the amount I once had, but I have started to rebuild a little. Tryin to be smarter with it, spend wiser, etc. But always tough with life, bills, and such of course.

CP didn't you say you started buying ds sealed boxes a few months ago?

Yessir. :pimp:

Not nearly the amount I once had, but I have started to rebuild a little. Tryin to be smarter with it, spend wiser, etc. But always tough with life, bills, and such of course.

cheap ds boxes could be fun... you buying primary off fleabay right?

To start, yes. But also found a couple shops to hit up as well. Still a couple locals I can wander thru. Felt like old times. :pimp:

eek.gif
Mind blown when thinking about this, I know back before Poke'mon me and my friends used to trade sports cards all the time. Once the poke cards got poppin, I almost instantly gave up collecting sports cards, so yea pretty much lol. If either one starts to be worth something I'm ready because, I still have them all

Never seen sports cards here in Belgium growing up in the 90s.
Elementary school was all about Yugioh and to a lesser extent Pokemon cards. Never messed with pokemon cards but I was the reigning Yugioh champion :smokin
I still have hundreds of Yugioh cards lying around.

Last edited:
This is probably true. In Elementary all my boys had sports cards one year, then the next year we moved on to Pokemon cards.

Back
Top Bottom