Was thinking of getting a mini crossbow

I want to get a gun to protect the house with, but my wife refuses to get one. Mind you i've taken classes and been to the range countless times, but I see her point- if you have a gun in your home, it will be likely that it can be used against you.

Then I was watching the walking dead last night and got to thinking that I would like to have a crossbow.

Right now the wife and I live in a Condo so the space isn't there for me to get a regular sized crossbow, plus i'm trying to save up some $$ so we can get a house so the cheaper the better.

I was trying to research mini-crossbows on google but really couldn't get anything that goes in depth on what to look for when buying and which is better (50lb or 80lb).

Any help is appreciated guys....

how is a crossbow going to be any more helpful in a home invasion type situation than a gun?

IMO if you're not getting a gun youd be better off with a knife than a crossbow.

Used against you? Like someone shooting you with your own gun?

Can't they just shoot you with your own crossbow as well?

yeah they can, but the wife is so concerned about the gun, she doesn't realize the same thing can happen with the mini crossbow... LOL

After reading what I put, I'm beginning to find it funny too... :lol: :rofl:

This dude said a crossbow....... Smh.

Just playing I get your point but like what the other dude said a crossbow can be used against you as well. Honestly if you can't get a gun your next best choice is either a knife or go with a good old American made baseball bat and do what my boy Barry bonds does which is swing batta batta bataa swing you feel me?

Last edited:

:lol:

Do you have kids in the crib with you?

Just make sure the weapon will be in a place that it will not be easy for someone besides yourself to get to.

booby trap the condo fam, and when you start house hunting make sure to cop that moat x drawbridge collab

booby trap the condo fam, and when you start house hunting make sure to cop that moat x drawbridge collab

Dude you have the best ideas! LOL

MMG- loving that gif! LOLOL

I'll just have to bring her to the range with me so she can get more comfy with guns... Hopefully she won't use it on me when we're at the range.

They gonna let off the entire clip before you can even get another bow in it. Unless you Hawkeye don't do it.

Do the smart thing. Get a gun behind your wife's back.

The answers on here are full of troll knowledge. I approve this thread.

I'd rather stick with the gat, since you claim experience. Where would you store a damn crossbow? Keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom