Was Tupac's death the worst thing that has happened to the black race in the last 20 years?

Originally Posted by sillyputty

chrisbrownsideeyeo.gif

laugh.gif
exact reaction

no one even knows about tupac a side from die hard rap fans and people who still listen to him from back in the day.

anyways if anyones death was the worst it was obviously MJ.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

oh wait you serious 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Michael Jackson>>>>>>>>>Tupac 

and i DARE someone to come at me...bro

But Pac mess with big girls not little boys.
and I think biggie was .. just saying!

Originally Posted by Zyzz

no one even knows about tupac a side from die hard rap fans and people who still listen to him from back in the day.

anyways if anyones death was the worst it was obviously MJ.

laugh.gif
 this can't be a serious post

Originally Posted by FEETure

i feel that our youths infatuation and idolatry concerning fictional hip-hop characters combined with their antics is much worse than pacs death. i think this question proves that. i am 25 year old black male that works with kids and i will say i could care less about tupac shakur but i do care that all these kids wanna do during class is cat-daddy, cook, cuss, and wear chicken nugget hair-cuts ala whiz k; just to state a few of the ills out there.. the impact that BET MTV and other media outlets is having on our impressionable youth is much worse than the death of an entertainer. just my 2 pennies mane.

i have to say this was a very smart response. so im going to go ahead and cosign this. with that said, i still feel OP's question set black people back a number of years because anyone on this thread can list things with a significantly greater negative impact than tupac dying. or biggie for that matter. tupac dying was bad for hip hop...his music > a lot of whats being put out these days. but to the race as a whole? nah...

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

oh wait you serious 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

even with that "accusation"
eyes.gif
 MJ Legacy is far greater  than Pac's and MJ accomplish way more due to the fact he wasn't about that Thug Life
just saying! 
indifferent.gif

The fact that Wayne has such a hold on the mind of the youth bothers me more than the death of Pac. These damn cartoon characters in the music industry make me sick because they have such a hold on the kids. I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT.

way too much stock put into Pac's impact. let's not forget that he died over a chain (miss me w/ all that conspiracy talk, Orlando did it...lettuce be cereal). people act like he was MLK part 2 or something.

oh wait you serious 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

even with that "accusation"
eyes.gif
 MJ Legacy is far greater  than Pac's and MJ accomplish way more due to the fact he wasn't about that Thug Life
just saying! 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 are you really entertaining this thread?
roll.gif

Ok MJ > Biggie and Pac even if he liked little boys.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The fact that Wayne has such a hold on the mind of the youth bothers me more than the death of Pac. These damn cartoon characters in the music industry make me sick because they have such a hold on the kids. I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT.

Tell me about it ..
Just other day I heard 3 kids talking about going to Rainbow to buy leopard print spandex ..

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Tell me about it ..
Just other day I heard 3 kids talking about going to Rainbow to buy leopard print spandex ..

yall are jive proving his point though... his line of thinking is, if pac hadn't died then @!#@ wouldn't be like this...

i STILL think this is a completely asinine question. you gotta rephrase that joint op
laugh.gif

Lol this thread is full of #CmonSons waiting to be said

1. MJ nor Tupac does not affect blacks on a daily basis, so neither, nobody's death was that influential except for maybe MLK's because he likely would have eventually been a high ranking government official

2. Yall are kidding yall selfs if you don't think that Pac would have either dumbed down for more cash (Snoop Dogg) or just not be as relevant, even if he was making great music, he'd be like near 40 if he were still alive, aside from Hov and maybe Snoop, what 40 year old has that much of an influence on youth's minds? Pac would be as relevant as maybe Nas

3. I'm a high schooler, and yall are vastly overrating the youth's ability to think, there's a difference between dudes following trends and Wiz Khalifa-ing their hair vs. the blind worship like yall act like it is. Mad dudes at my school with yellow stripes in their hair was calling Lil Wayne's VMA outfit gay as fxck. Dudes follow trends, yall did it when yall were teens, let em live.

Pac is alive and well in CUBA. rumor has it he'll be returning in 2014. in 2014 (2+0+1+4=7) he'd be 43 (4+3=7). 7 day theory. this is actually how the real machiaveli did it.

anyway, when it happened in '96 and the years after of studying the situation i was sure he was dead. but there is new evidence that suggests he actually really did fake his death. if anyone coulda pulled it off i really believe it would be him, although he woulda had to have some serious help in high place, which i'm not convinced he didn't have.

it sounds crazy, i know, bc most of us already made our minds up. but as i go back and listen to all the makavelis, and really everything he release starting with me against the world to everything after, i'm really starting to believe he's alive.

(flame away)

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Pac is alive and well in CUBA. rumor has it he'll be returning in 2014. in 2014 (2+0+1+4=7) he'd be 43 (4+3=7). 7 day theory. this is actually how the real machiaveli did it.

anyway, when it happened in '96 and the years after of studying the situation i was sure he was dead. but there is new evidence that suggests he actually really did fake his death. if anyone coulda pulled it off i really believe it would be him, although he woulda had to have some serious help in high place, which i'm not convinced he didn't have.

it sounds crazy, i know, bc most of us already made our minds up. but as i go back and listen to all the makavelis, and really everything he release starting with me against the world to everything after, i'm really starting to believe he's alive.

(flame away)

"Was Tupac's disappearance to Cuba the worst thing that has happened to the black race in the last 20 years?"

Either way, he gone *@%+@! lmao

Back
Top Bottom