Was Tupac's death the worst thing that has happened to the black race in the last 20 years?

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The fact that Wayne has such a hold on the mind of the youth bothers me more than the death of Pac. These damn cartoon characters in the music industry make me sick because they have such a hold on the kids. I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT.

Tell me about it ..
Just other day I heard 3 kids talking about going to Rainbow to buy leopard print spandex ..

30t6p3b.gif
i don't want to believe you. So im calling ducktales on this.

NO. rodney King getting beat./starting the riot. causing problems till this day. hate crimes toward cops. just a string of negative +#*. wish he never existed.

homie is still getting arrested for the same thing in 2011.

pretty much disgusted. WORST THING TO HAPPEN IN HISTORY BESIDES THE GUN BEING INVENTED.

The fact that Wayne has such a hold on the mind of the youth bothers me more than the death of Pac. These damn cartoon characters in the music industry make me sick because they have such a hold on the kids. I hate it. I hate it. I HATE IT.

You just mad that yo *** is old.

lol, the thing that stands out to me the most from "...7 Day Theory" was the line "...Jay-Z, of Hawaiian Sophie fame" not any of that Nostradamus/2012 Mayan calendar/Area 51 jive people try to say.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Tell me about it ..
Just other day I heard 3 kids talking about going to Rainbow to buy leopard print spandex ..

yall are jive proving his point though... his line of thinking is, if pac hadn't died then @!#@ wouldn't be like this...

i STILL think this is a completely asinine question. you gotta rephrase that joint op
laugh.gif

That is my point exactly. If 2Pac hadn't died things wouldn't be as they are. These entertainers have a HOLD on the kids. 
And ok maybe the question was phrased incorrectly. I apologize, but hopefully you understand what I was trying to get at

Originally Posted by BronLe

Lol this thread is full of #CmonSons waiting to be said

1. MJ nor Tupac does not affect blacks on a daily basis, so neither, nobody's death was that influential except for maybe MLK's because he likely would have eventually been a high ranking government official

2. Yall are kidding yall selfs if you don't think that Pac would have either dumbed down for more cash (Snoop Dogg) or just not be as relevant, even if he was making great music, he'd be like near 40 if he were still alive, aside from Hov and maybe Snoop, what 40 year old has that much of an influence on youth's minds? Pac would be as relevant as maybe Nas

3. I'm a high schooler, and yall are vastly overrating the youth's ability to think, there's a difference between dudes following trends and Wiz Khalifa-ing their hair vs. the blind worship like yall act like it is. Mad dudes at my school with yellow stripes in their hair was calling Lil Wayne's VMA outfit gay as fxck. Dudes follow trends, yall did it when yall were teens, let em live.

The reason you are saying 2. is because you are 3.

Not even a need to reply to the rest of your bogus post. 

Mods lock this thread please. Tupac was an entertainer. Just like any other artist. Should not shape how you live, think, or eat.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Mods lock this thread please. Tupac was an entertainer. Just like any other artist. Should not shape how you live, think, or eat.
Not that I agree with OP but you are sadly mistaken if you think that entertainers don't play a huge role in the formative years of American youth. Look at the 60's and 70's era in muisc, they were rife with messages on politics, drug culture, sexual liberation, etc., messages that shaped culture as we know it today. Don't be so naive in thinking that big name musicians only effect people musically.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Not that I agree with OP but you are sadly mistaken if you think that entertainers don't play a huge role in the formative years of American youth. Look at the 60's and 70's era in muisc, they were rife with messages on politics, drug culture, sexual liberation, etc., messages that shaped culture as we know it today. Don't be so naive in thinking that big name musicians only effect people musically.
Well said ... 
Although is sad - individuals in the spot light are role models and not all are great ones!

Lol this thread is full of #CmonSons waiting to be said

1. MJ nor Tupac does not affect blacks on a daily basis, so neither, nobody's death was that influential except for maybe MLK's because he likely would have eventually been a high ranking government official

2. Yall are kidding yall selfs if you don't think that Pac would have either dumbed down for more cash (Snoop Dogg) or just not be as relevant, even if he was making great music, he'd be like near 40 if he were still alive, aside from Hov and maybe Snoop, what 40 year old has that much of an influence on youth's minds? Pac would be as relevant as maybe Nas

3. I'm a high schooler, and yall are vastly overrating the youth's ability to think, there's a difference between dudes following trends and Wiz Khalifa-ing their hair vs. the blind worship like yall act like it is. Mad dudes at my school with yellow stripes in their hair was calling Lil Wayne's VMA outfit gay as fxck. Dudes follow trends, yall did it when yall were teens, let em live.

The reason you are saying 2. is because you are 3.

Not even a need to reply to the rest of your bogus post. 

But this thread is about how pac would affect today's youth, and I can tell you that as apart of the youth, no one is thinking or modeling themselves after nas or even Hov

But this thread is about how pac would affect today's youth, and I can tell you that as apart of the youth, no one is thinking or modeling themselves after nas or even Hov
I know what the thread is about - but your statement were out of pure ignorance or lack of knowledge.
I can understand not modeling yourself after NAS but HOV? Come on SON - The dude is a multi-millionaire and although as of late his investments have been taking hits, the dude is an entrepreneur that has made great business decisions and have surrounded himself with people of wealth and great business skills.  

i totally disagree that Pas was "just another entertainer." whoever said this must not have listened to any of his music and probably is not black. and if u are black, u def. ain't from the struggle. Pac was the voice of the young black generation. he was the the malcolm/martin of OUR generation.

I know what the thread is about - but your statement were out of pure ignorance or lack of knowledge.
I can understand not modeling yourself after NAS but HOV? Come on SON - The dude is a multi-millionaire and although as of late his investments have been taking hits, the dude is an entrepreneur that has made great business decisions and have surrounded himself with people of wealth and great business skills.  

But why you acting like kids would imitate hova before like wiz khalifa or Wayne?

But why you acting like kids would imitate hova before like wiz khalifa or Wayne?
you have a legitimate point unfortunately
30t6p3b.gif

this. if HOV doing the right thing, then these hood !#@ youths don't want any part of it. they'll follow birdman and be about blowing money on supercars and scallywags than coming up and investing in various business opportunities.
30t6p3b.gif

this is my issue with the rap/hip hop game today, too many of these artists talk about the same madness...makin $$, putting it in duffle bags along with rolling with various automatic weapons, UAVs, airstrikes, etc...cmon son its been old. there's hardly a good artist thats consistently good to listen to these days. Hell im a fan of drake but even i can't deny dude is spittin a lot of mainstream riff raff, and unfortunately kids who ride the nuts of these artists hard get influenced by this. its DEF gets worse when they start to think the only way to be successful is to rap, or be an athlete idk.

not tryin to derail thread just wanted to supplement the issue of youth/rappers.

No.

Call me pessimistic but I look at the state of hip hop and it's influences on civilization, urban society, the black race and I doubt him being alive now would be enough. So his death wasn't the worst thing to happen just to the black race in the past 20 years.

I am as big of a Pac fan as anyone else, but something is wrong when people are comparing Tupac to Malcolm and Martin, he was nothing like them

An entertainer...dying...being the worst thing to happen...to entire race of people...in the last...20...years...?

se2i5g.gif

Oh my dear God.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I couldn't even read the thread title without laughing.....

Like OP is legitimately serious?

I know there's no such thing as 'stupid' question, but...

Back
Top Bottom