Washington Wizards Season Thread - Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Should the Washington Wizards trade Bradley Beal?

• Total voters
Banneker STEM Night presented by KPMG
The Washington Wizards invite you to the inaugural Banneker STEM Night presented by KPMG. Join us for a pre-game STEM Expo and experience interactive displays featuring organizations such as B-360 Baltimore! The Expo begins at 12pm and is FREE with the purchase of a game ticket through this special link.

For questions or groups of 10+, contact Ashley Miller at amiller@monumentalsports.com.

That’s cute and all, but they really ain’t try to trade Jordan Poole? Unserious franchise.

I’d have to imagine there weren’t any teams interested. Who is giving up any assets to acquire a 40/30/86 chucker and terrible defender?

Poole has a similar market to Killian Hayes at this point.

That’s cute and all, but they really ain’t try to trade Jordan Poole? Unserious franchise.

They’re an unserious franchise, to be sure: in the past twelve months, they traded Bradley Beal, Kristaps Porzingis, and Daniel Gafford, yet the only outright first-round pick they have to show for it is a late first-rounder that OKC was actively trying to back out of. (They weren’t going to add four rookies with guaranteed multiyear contracts to their roster next season.)

All it cost Dallas to obtain that pick was to agree to a future pick swap, and yet we gave up one of our best players on arguably our best contract.

This “new look” front office deserves its share of criticism, to be sure, but trading Jordan Poole is no longer possible. There is no “greater fool” in the league willing to take on that deal at his current production, which, it’s worth mentioning, is not far off from his career averages.

Poole had a great title run off the bench for Golden State in ‘21-‘22, averaging nearly 50/40/90 shooting splits that postseason. Set that aside as an outlier, though, and he’s a painfully ordinary 40/30/85 shooter who doesn’t really give you anything else.

No one is going to willingly take on this contract. We’re stuck him for another three miserable seasons, vainly hoping the brain trust that traded for him in the first place will hit a home run with every single one of our hard-earned draft picks. That’s the reality.

Poole has a similar market to Killian Hayes at this point.

Killian Hayes is in the final year of a rookie-scale contract.

Jordan Poole is in the first year of a four-year, $140 million contract extension. He has a negative VORP.

There’s no comparison here.

Killian Hayes is in the final year of a rookie-scale contract.

Jordan Poole is in the first year of a four-year, $140 million contract extension. He has a negative VORP.

There’s no comparison here.

I was just referring to Killian Hayes getting cut after no team wanted him. Their market is both China lol.

Pleading ignorance to the money situation...but any chance a team in a year or two can take Poole because they need a "scorer off the bench to make a run for a title"
I don't think i can take 3 more years of a shoot first point guard

Three wins on the bounce, a very possible fourth tonight, and the Wiz staying in DC?!

This is the height of my Zards fandom so far :lol:

I like Tyus but it’s incredible how much better we are defensively without him and Poole out there together.

Back
Top Bottom