WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

Yeah, because looking at many of the bad reviews critics have said the movie is too dense for those unfamiliar with the story. It's the truth, becauselast night I know there were a lot of people around me who seemed confused almost the entire time.

Movie was very confusing for an outside to the series.. i didn't think it ruined it for me, as i said i really enjoyed the movie and the story was veryinteresting... But I just didn't understand any of the characters all that well outside of Rorshach.

It has got me interested enough to read the graphic novel someday now, but I can see that this movie was catered to the people who already did that moreso thanthe casual viewer... in a way, that's good. But for mass appeal, that's going to hurt them in some reviews I'm afraid.

Still - a great movie experience in it's own right. The opening scenes were fantastic.. the fighting scenes were all great.. and if the diehards seem happywith it, you know it has to be pretty good.

Yeah, since each characters back story (Ozy, Doc, SS, Ror, etc..) is a chapter each in the comic and after watching the motion comic, each of those chapteralone took 30 minutes each.
If they go by that alone, the movie would be 3 hours long already. I highly suggest reading the book, well worth the $10 for the paper back version.

Originally Posted by miss kidd0

Does Silk Spectre II have a nude sex scene in the movie?

Yes! It's Snyder, he'll make a trend of it in each of his Rated R movies. He started it with 300 and he can't let this movie slip without one.
laugh.gif

By the way, where is Falcon? I want to hear what he has to say about the movie since this is one of the things we might actually agree on.
laugh.gif

Well, maybe not.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by miss kidd0

Does Silk Spectre II have a nude sex scene in the movie?

Yes! It's Snyder, he'll make a trend of it in each of his Rated R movies. He started it with 300 and he can't let this movie slip without one.
laugh.gif

By the way, where is Falcon? I want to hear what he has to say about the movie since this is one of the things we might actually agree on.
laugh.gif

Well, maybe not.
Dude is probably at work... I'm anticipating his anaylsis as well.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif

Well, maybe not.
Dude is probably at work... I'm anticipating his anaylsis as well.
Awwguys I'm touched
embarassed.gif

Actually Friday is my day of rest; no school, no nada. I'm actually gonna go see it tomorrow butdon't worry you'll get my opinion of it by the end of opening weekend. So far all I've heard from the people I trust are 9/10 reviews which is making me really excited. Until such time as I cancome in and present either my exultation or harangue I'll leave you with the http://www.ifanboy.com/podcasts/audio/_Watchmen_iFanboy Watchmen Special Edition Podcast

Oh man, I have to wait the end of the weekend until we can argue?
laugh.gif

And what is going on with your post?

My dude said it was wack..But I'm going to see for myself. It couldn't be as bad as the Spirit

im sure alot of people are gonna feel the same way...movie was good, just wasnt what i was expecting at all...

I was never a fan of having Malin play Laurie. Still don't know what to think about the ending. No mention of Hollis' death, nor the TotBF weredisappointing. Alterations on some of the key scenes weren't that bad and I was able to look past them. I just felt that instead of extending the fightsequences, they could have squeezed some more of the background stories into it. The fact that there was adequate development for each character pleasantlysurprised me.

Snyder did a solid job. Could it have been better? Possibly. But really, you can't condense the entire graphic novel in under 3 hours. If I had theopportunity to either read the GN or watch the movie again, I'd opt for the graphic novel.

Overall, 7.5.-8/10

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I was never a fan of having Malin play Laurie. Still don't know what to think about the ending. No mention of Hollis' death, nor the TotBF were disappointing. Alterations on some of the key scenes weren't that bad and I was able to look past them. I just felt that instead of extending the fight sequences, they could have squeezed some more of the background stories into it. The fact that there was adequate development for each character pleasantly surprised me.

Snyder did a solid job. Could it have been better? Possibly. But really, you can't condense the entire graphic novel in under 3 hours. If I had the opportunity to either read the GN or watch the movie again, I'd opt for the graphic novel.

Overall, 7.5.-8/10
i agree with everything you said.

i'm not sure how i liked that ending very much either. i liked the comic book version better -- although it probably coulda been pretty cheesy if done inthe film version.

i wish had Rorschach voice... dope movie...maybe because i wasnt expecting it to be epic... just take it for what it is....

The movie was such a let down. I dont know if they could have made it better but I was disappointed.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I was never a fan of having Malin play Laurie. Still don't know what to think about the ending. No mention of Hollis' death, nor the TotBF were disappointing. Alterations on some of the key scenes weren't that bad and I was able to look past them. I just felt that instead of extending the fight sequences, they could have squeezed some more of the background stories into it. The fact that there was adequate development for each character pleasantly surprised me.

Snyder did a solid job. Could it have been better? Possibly. But really, you can't condense the entire graphic novel in under 3 hours. If I had the opportunity to either read the GN or watch the movie again, I'd opt for the graphic novel.

Overall, 7.5.-8/10

In my prior post, I did like that the explosion was all over the world instead of just NY. I did not like how it was blamed on DocM though. I like the booksending but the giant squid teleporting and exploding makes it too comic-like I think. I liked Snyder's interpretation, it is a bit more modern I think.

Also, on thing I wish Snyder included in the film that I was looking forward to seeing, is the Saw-esque torture/choice he used on the kidnapper in Ror'sback story.
It seems like Snyder took a more gory and easy way out on that one.

Back
Top Bottom