Watchout you non-tippers... you might get banned from a restaurant one day..

[h2]Restaurant Bans Customer For Not Tipping Enough[/h2]
By Chris Walters on February 26, 2010 1:26 PM 0 views

022610-001-restaurant.jpg

Themenu of a restaurant in Winston-Salem, NC, says a gratuity of 15% willbe added to parties of six or more. A former customer says she was in aparty of three and saw that an 18% gratuity had been added, which shecomplained about but paid. She said the next time she showed up, she was met at the door by staff and told that she had to agree up front to pay 18% or she couldn't eat there.

That sounds pretty outrageous, but the restaurant's manager toldlocal news station WXII that she's a repeat offender when it comes toundertipping, and that nobody in the kitchen or on the floor wants toserve her anymore.

Anyone who's worked in a restaurant probably knows someone whoalways undertips, but what's the best way to deal with it? Assuming themanager's allegations are true, it's not like the customer was breakingthe law--after all, an undertipper is playing by the rules if the rulesstate that tipping is optional.

In this case, the woman says she never tipped inappropriately and that she's considering suing for slander:"I have always left a good tip at Kanpai Restaurant , even when I wasgiven poor and less than honorable service," she told WXII.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.elemen...eoId=us/2010/02/26/dnt.bad.tipper.banned.wxiihttp://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.elemen...eoId=us/2010/02/26/dnt.bad.tipper.banned.wxii http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.elemen...eoId=us/2010/02/26/dnt.bad.tipper.banned.wxiihttp://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.elemen...eoId=us/2010/02/26/dnt.bad.tipper.banned.wxii

"Customer Called Poor Tipper; She Calls For Boycott" [WXII.com]
"Woman Called Poor Tipper Procures Lawyer" [WXII.com]
"Banned for 'bad' tipping" [CNN]

lulz

as a server i like this.

the worst are verbal tips

"oh my, you gave great service, we had a great time, we will come back and ask for you !"

then they leave 10-12 percent.

smh

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]That's racist.[/color]
mad.gif
smh.gif

lulz

id get banned if told or discussed which Ethnicity or Race are the worst tippers.

i dont understand why you gotta tip servers when they're just doin their job?
i don't see customers tipping retail workers, construction workers, or other workers who have harder jobs than servers..
at the end of the day, i still tip tho but til this day i dont understand why

Originally Posted by da boy boyy

Becuase they're paid under the minimum wage because of the fact they receive tips.

I hate yuku...to elaborate I dont agree that servers should be paid under minimum wage I think they should have a normal hourly wage like everyone else.

i don't see customers tipping retail workers, construction workers, or other workers who have harder jobs than servers..
at the end of the day, i still tip tho but til this day i dont understand why
Waiters don't get minimum wage.So they rely on tips.

Dang, if they're that hungry for money then why don't
they just smarten up and add the tips within the food pricing?

i refuse to tip if there is some sort of extremely long wait for my food or something.

i ordered a steak at a restaurant once and it took like 15 minutes to get me some ketchup
smh.gif

mad.gif
smh.gif

lulz

pulling the race card again?  it was not because she was black, its because she doesn't know how to tip.  if the women was white, asian, or mexican the restaurant would of banned her too

being a former waiter myself (applebee's), I'm very particular when it comes to service. If you do me right (NH), i'll hook you up with a fat tip. If you're sh*tty, then i'll leave the tip accordingly... to me, it's all about service and not the $$$

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I hate yuku...to elaborate I dont agree that servers should be paid under minimum wage I think they should have a normal hourly wage like everyone else.

seriously.

i hate tipping, but i hate it even more when the waiter gives u terrible service and then get mad/give u a funny look, i dont tip on percentage i tip on how good the service is and if it sucks ill give ya 2 dollars on a 15 or so dollar bill

eek.gif
I know the lady in this video.......
eek.gif
at winston salem making cnn
laugh.gif
.......man she got money her brother is the pastor of my church and he be banking.....and her %$@ works there too so you know she getting paid well

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Becuase they're paid under the minimum wage because of the fact they receive tips.

i guess they in a Fd up situation then, gotta blame the management for doin their workers dirty, it aint the customers fault they gettin under paid.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

as a server i like this.

the worst are verbal tips

"oh my, you gave great service, we had a great time, we will come back and ask for you !"

then they leave 10-12 percent.

smh
That's bad? I wish I got tips at my job.

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

mad.gif
smh.gif

lulz

id get banned if told or discussed which Ethnicity or Race are the worst tippers.
My best guest would be the ones who don't have it,
the majority of the minority.

In this case though, no matter what she thinks of
the charge of gratuity and how ridiculous it may be,
she knew of this before she returned and ate.

Back
Top Bottom