We all know about what earrings on the right ear means..Is this the same with finger rings?

Joined Aug 30, 2008
I know that the ring finger on the left hand supposedly means engagement/marriage..does the the other fingers have any meaning? (not necessarily homosexualityrelated, but any meaning?)
Im planning on getting my uncle a ring for his surprise birthday and need to know which finger to pay attention to, (his right ring finger is occupied and heis not married)

Joined Jan 19, 2000
Some cultures wear wedding rings on the right but I've also heard that it could be a sign that a man is a widower.

damu

Banned
Joined Apr 27, 2009
do people still seriously pay attention to things like this?
at everyone acting like little kids.

Joined May 3, 2007
culture is important. and right ring finger is usually where the class ring goes. some people wear pinky rings but I really would reconsider getting him aring, they can be uncomfortable to get used to. get him a wallet, gentlemen's folding knife, money clip, watch etc.

Joined Aug 24, 2006
Spoiler [+]
it's whatever you believe it to be not anyone else believes...no "one" person makes the rules

Joined Oct 15, 2008
who ever made up the thing about having an earing on the right? i always wondered

Joined Dec 31, 2000
I wear my wedding band on my right hand because my ring finger on my left hand was damaged playing football so it doesn't fit anymore. But in a lot ofother countries the right hand is more common.

Joined Dec 13, 2008
Originally Posted by Hugo

who ever made up the thing about having an earing on the right? i always wondered
One of the leading universities in 1986 did a study on heterosexual and homosexual males and found that it was much more common for the homosexual to putaccessories on the right side of their body. They believed this was because the word "right" had an effect on the homosexuals brains temporal lobe,they found the need to overcompensate because they felt their behaviors were wrong and were afraid to be shunned from society.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]i made all that up[/color]

Joined Jan 28, 2009
Get him a watch,never get a man a ring what were you thinking...?also if i get a ring ima wear it on my right pinky

Joined Jun 13, 2004
Originally Posted by LuckyP90

One of the leading universities in 1986 did a study on heterosexual and homosexual males and found that it was much more common for the homosexual to put accessories on the right side of their body. They believed this was because the word "right" had an effect on the homosexuals brains temporal lobe, they found the need to overcompensate because they felt their behaviors were wrong and were afraid to be shunned from society.

Joined Aug 11, 2001
Originally Posted by LuckyP90

One of the leading universities in 1986 did a study on heterosexual and homosexual males and found that it was much more common for the homosexual to put accessories on the right side of their body. They believed this was because the word "right" had an effect on the homosexuals brains temporal lobe, they found the need to overcompensate because they felt their behaviors were wrong and were afraid to be shunned from society.

^

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now