We all know about what earrings on the right ear means..Is this the same with finger rings?

I know that the ring finger on the left hand supposedly means engagement/marriage..does the the other fingers have any meaning? (not necessarily homosexualityrelated, but any meaning?)
Im planning on getting my uncle a ring for his surprise birthday and need to know which finger to pay attention to, (his right ring finger is occupied and heis not married)

Some cultures wear wedding rings on the right but I've also heard that it could be a sign that a man is a widower.

laugh.gif
do people still seriously pay attention to things like this?
smh.gif
at everyone acting like little kids.

culture is important. and right ring finger is usually where the class ring goes. some people wear pinky rings but I really would reconsider getting him aring, they can be uncomfortable to get used to. get him a wallet, gentlemen's folding knife, money clip, watch etc.

Spoiler [+]
it's whatever you believe it to be not anyone else believes...no "one" person makes the rules

who ever made up the thing about having an earing on the right? i always wondered

I wear my wedding band on my right hand because my ring finger on my left hand was damaged playing football so it doesn't fit anymore. But in a lot ofother countries the right hand is more common.

Originally Posted by Hugo

who ever made up the thing about having an earing on the right? i always wondered

One of the leading universities in 1986 did a study on heterosexual and homosexual males and found that it was much more common for the homosexual to putaccessories on the right side of their body. They believed this was because the word "right" had an effect on the homosexuals brains temporal lobe,they found the need to overcompensate because they felt their behaviors were wrong and were afraid to be shunned from society.

[color= rgb(0, 0, 0)]i made all that up[/color]

Get him a watch,never get a man a ring what were you thinking...?also if i get a ring ima wear it on my right pinky

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

One of the leading universities in 1986 did a study on heterosexual and homosexual males and found that it was much more common for the homosexual to put accessories on the right side of their body. They believed this was because the word "right" had an effect on the homosexuals brains temporal lobe, they found the need to overcompensate because they felt their behaviors were wrong and were afraid to be shunned from society.

laugh.gif

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

One of the leading universities in 1986 did a study on heterosexual and homosexual males and found that it was much more common for the homosexual to put accessories on the right side of their body. They believed this was because the word "right" had an effect on the homosexuals brains temporal lobe, they found the need to overcompensate because they felt their behaviors were wrong and were afraid to be shunned from society.

^
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom