We grown...We buy ART

Went to an art auction last night...and I saw some pieces that I actually liked. I'm 22 and looking for a place of my own--my mother always had art in thehouse and I always had the idea that my own place would have art. Now, not knocking, but I don't mean "posters" or "photographs" thatare framed but I mean like oils, lithographs, etc. Went to a loft last weekend and dude had some nice art, fromactual portraits/paintings to masks.

I for one am actually proud because the only thing I'm ever really serious about buying are clothes, shoes, music, and movies.....but art is an investmentto my future place. Anyways, am I alone? Anybody else on here give a damn about the aesthetics?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

ehhh eventually hopefully. What I look like dropping stacks on art when I drive a beater.

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

ehhh eventually hopefully. What I look like dropping stacks on art when I drive a beater.

Yep.. I'll get some basic things up before i drop some serious cash on serious art.. till then i'll stick to Photographs and what not

go to autions off of repos and stuff, my parents got some lithographs and stuff worth quite a bit for real cheap, just be aware of the premiums and fees at theauctions

but on the real, most of our stuff is african: carvings, statues, masks, paintings etc.

20x200.com

200 prints of pieces for 20 bucks a 8 by 11 inches, bigger sizes for more, all originals. My dorm room looks classy as fu

i've never been to an auction before. i have a couple pieces hanging in my room I got from Kirkland's and other furniture stores. and I have custompiece by this guy my mom worked with. i'ts pretty cool but doesn't go with anything in my room so it's in the basement till I move out

Originally Posted by desent

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Yep.. I'll get some basic things up before i drop some serious cash on serious art.. till then i'll stick to Photographs and what not

co-sign... so for now, IKEA FTW

if i could afford it, id love to have more original pieces. i try to hit up local artists open studios events, and local coffee shops also have cheaperoriginal works, so that can be a could alternative to high priced galleries.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Went to an art auction last night...and I saw some pieces that I actually liked. I'm 22 and looking for a place of my own--my mother always had art in the house and I always had the idea that my own place would have art. Now, not knocking, but I don't mean "posters" or "photographs" that are framed but I mean like oils, lithographs, etc. Went to a loft last weekend and dude had some nice art, from actual portraits/paintings to masks.

I for one am actually proud because the only thing I'm ever really serious about buying are clothes, shoes, music, and movies.....but art is an investment to my future place. Anyways, am I alone? Anybody else on here give a damn about the aesthetics?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Nahhh, you're not the only one. In fact, I'm in my University's Fine Arts Program so clearly, I have an appreciation for the Arts...

happy.gif

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

rasterbate ftw?
i might as well of bought the original copy. cause when i did that the ink was gone and had to buy new cartridges.

Support local artists! If your city has an art show or gallery every so often, go to it. Even if there isn't any advertised selling of art, you might meetan artist that you like. More often than not, if you offer them a fair price on one of their pieces, they'll sell it to you.

You can get some really nice looking pieces for less than $50.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Support local artists! If your city has an art show or gallery every so often, go to it. Even if there isn't any advertised selling of art, you might meet an artist that you like. More often than not, if you offer them a fair price on one of their pieces, they'll sell it to you.

You can get some really nice looking pieces for less than $50.
yea...I mean, the auction I went to last night was my no means trendy (no gallery with hardwood floorsand dark corners) but I think art galleries could possibly be my thing. How do you find out about art gallery openings and what not....is that something Icould just "google" in my local city (Dallas)

Rasterbating looks cool, but I know I don't have the patience for that. I like drawings tho, so far from what I've seen...sketches and what not. Isaw the ILL Ali sketch and this one I've had my eye on for years--

Stevie+Wonder+003.JPG

inside cover art from the "Innervisions" album
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

I'm an artist myself, so i have my own work on my walls.
Anyone have any special requests, get at me.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

you are def not alone

yea i dig art myself..........def a nice touch your home

when i was in ATL at this lil poetry/art type lounge. i cant recall the name but they had a few pieces i was def feelin. i guess they were from local artist.there is actually a lot of Black Art in my home.......if you just walked into the house empty not knowing anything you could guess who live there feel me. Mymoms is into that stuff...........a lot of black literature too.

artwork prints.......framed ya know.

Interesting, I thought I was the only 22 year old on NT who enjoys art. Back then, I thought it was ridiculous to spend any amount of money on a piece ofart....

I came by a similar painting below, but red/black on canvas and signed by artist for $150. Of course I didn't pay the $150, but I did cop it and it is nowchilling in my room. Every time I happen to lay my eyes on it, I just stare for a good minute or two....I want more paintings (mainly canvas) and start my owncollection.
I asked my friend who's majoring in art in cali to come back to nyc with a painting I have requested. It be cool if he pulls through. It's funny, hesaid I used to make fun of him for being an art major and all of sudden I appreciate art and asking for a painting from him. I just told him to shut up andpaint and I expect something sick

3337868406_dcff92f70d_o.jpg

I remember long time ago...i think...04ish, some NTer posted paintings of his artwork. He posted two paintings that I was really interested in....both were apicture of a heart, one in blue, the other in pinkish red. I saved both and they were my wall paper for a loooong time. I lost the pic after a fewyears...anyone have them? I was going to ask the NTer if I can cop it...if you're reading this, I'll buy it. lol

YOOO what happened to dude with the rasturbation style jesus peice painting...
nerd.gif
... was hella dope, i wanna say it was

ebayologist but i cant remember

Back
Top Bottom