We may all be able to lucid dream now (Article)

this type of mask has been around for ages. I had an elementary school teacher who had a sleepmask just like this without the foam pattern and when he reached REM sleep there would be flashes of light that would let him into the lucid realm.

i went to the realm the other day, woke up in a dream within a dream cause i woke up from 1 dream in bed but i was still sleeping/dreaming in my bed and i woke up in real life in my bed screaming

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Originally Posted by LakerNation

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Remember
when you were a kid and you put a flashlight in your mouth to make your
cheeks glow red? That happens because red light is able to pass through
your skin, and in the case of Remee, your eyelids, much more easily.

Pretty sure this is because blood is red and not because of the "RED LIGHT PASSES THROUGH YOUR SKIN EASIER BS"
indifferent.gif
I was thinking the same thing...    

interesting though...see how it does on the market

Ohhh

Meh. The way to lucid dream is to know that you are dreaming while you dream. Whether you do it with a lighting mask, or with other techniques, it all comes down to the same thing... knowing that you are dreaming while you're dreaming.

One technique that I keep hearing is to get into the habit of looking at your watch every 30 minutes or so. Once it's a habit, you'll do it in your sleep. And of course, a watch will not operate the same in your dreams, which will immediately let you know that you're currently sleeping. From there on, you can take control of the dream state.

Mind power is seriously awesome. You don't need a 90 dollar mask.

too much bro science.

on a side note. I can definitely see these light lowkey messing with your brain while you sleep and you waking up insane.

I learned how to lucid dream when I want by trying to look at my hands in dreams. At first I would just look at them but soon I started to look at them on purpose. I started to notice I was dreaming and began doing as I pleased.

At first I couldn't fly but I could jump really really high and far. Flying is cool but landing is scary as hell. I usually land on a light pole and slide slowly down lol. And the reactions of other people in the dream while your flying is priceless.

But flying is the only thing that comes to mind. I need to start smashing.

And for some reason I run slow as hell.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I learned how to lucid dream when I want by trying to look at my hands in dreams. At first I would just look at them but soon I started to look at them on purpose. I started to notice I was dreaming and began doing as I pleased.

At first I couldn't fly but I could jump really really high and far. Flying is cool but landing is scary as hell. I usually land on a light pole and slide slowly down lol. And the reactions of other people in the dream while your flying is priceless.

mannnnn is this real life? I'm doing this !+%$ today! and when inception came out, I went to watch it in theaters but I couldn't get into it. !+%$ was boring but thats when I noticed ppl started talking about lucid dreaming. couldn't tell whether it was real or people just wanted to have something to talk about. late pass.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by hassan16

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

mannnnn is this real life? I'm doing this !+%$ today! and when inception came out, I went to watch it in theaters but I couldn't get into it. !+%$ was boring but thats when I noticed ppl started talking about lucid dreaming. couldn't tell whether it was real or people just wanted to have something to talk about. late pass.
tired.gif
takes a lot of practice. can't stress it enough. lucid dreaming is open to everyone as far as I know, it's just much easier for some than others.

if you have trouble remembering your dreams you will have a lot of trouble with conscious dreaming. dream journals help because you'll start recognizing patterns in your dreams. once you can recognize these patterns you can begin "dream checking" yourself.

look for anomalies in your dreams that don't make sense realistically. observe your body. look for things you know shouldn't be there (clothes you don't own, weird birthmarks, weird coloration).

THINK. HARD. if you can't remember where you just were, where you are coming from, how you got to where you are... probably dreaming. or tripping on something srs.

jump in dream. can you seemingly float? is gravity much less or much greater?

these are just a few things you can do in dream to test yourself. if you can recognize that things are off, you're already on your way to bending your dreams into what you want. sleep paralysis is also a good way to start. recognize you are asleep and you can't move. relax your mind and body. let your imagination take over. when I do this I can usually see myself sleeping from above, like I'm stuck on my ceiling.

it's fun stuff though. let da dmt flow through you.

read these also: http://www.world-of-lucid...dreaming-techniques.html

You guys don't need that mask it just takes practice to get lucid dreaming down. I was able to control it after just 2/3 weeks of inconsistent practice.

Back
Top Bottom