Wear Your Shoes!!!!

What's good everybody? I've been member of Niketalk for a minute. I'm not sure if this is the right forum because I rarely post or reply. I've heard people's horror stories about collecting sneakers and I must say for the first time I've witnessed it today. I wore some Nike Air Flight 89's that have been deadstock for about 10 years or more and they completely fell apart. I've been collecting since 1999 and this is the first pair to ever do this. Needless to say I was pissed. Collecting became a habit that has been hard to break. I spent 10 years in the military and wore combat boots five days a week so I was unable to wear everything I bought so stuff just accumulated. I definitely agree with the people that say "wear everything"! I know nothing last forever but to see your hard earned money just crumple away is disappointing homie. Now I'm sitting here looking at two deadstock pairs of Air Jordan XI Concords that I bought from Finishline back on 10/25/2000 wondering if this will be the same result. Hopefully this helps at least one person.......

What's good everybody? I've been member of Niketalk for a minute. I'm not sure if this is the right forum because I rarely post or reply. I've heard people's horror stories about collecting sneakers and I must say for the first time I've witnessed it today. I wore some Nike Air Flight 89's that have been deadstock for about 10 years or more and they completely fell apart. I've been collecting since 1999 and this is the first pair to ever do this. Needless to say I was pissed. Collecting became a habit that has been hard to break. I spent 10 years in the military and wore combat boots five days a week so I was unable to wear everything I bought so stuff just accumulated. I definitely agree with the people that say "wear everything"! I know nothing last forever but to see your hard earned money just crumple away is disappointing homie. Now I'm sitting here looking at two deadstock pairs of Air Jordan XI Concords that I bought from Finishline back on 10/25/2000 wondering if this will be the same result. Hopefully this helps at least one person.......

I am in the Army and can relate to you!!! I tries to wear my shoes so that they will not crumble and remain pliable. I had og Bred 12s and they separated on me when I wore them...

I am in the Army and can relate to you!!! I tries to wear my shoes so that they will not crumble and remain pliable. I had og Bred 12s and they separated on me when I wore them...

Yeah you are right. To each his own. After talking to Nike Consumer Affairs and learning that under the right conditions (storage, temperature, etc...) your shoes are likely to last 6 to 7 years at best deadstock.......you learn the hard way.

Yeah you are right. To each his own. After talking to Nike Consumer Affairs and learning that under the right conditions (storage, temperature, etc...) your shoes are likely to last 6 to 7 years at best deadstock.......you learn the hard way.

a quote from BugginOutIVs of ISS:

Buy what you like, if you wanna wear it, wear it. If you wanna stock it, stock it. The sneaker game is all about what you want it to be, make it your own. Never follow in anyone elses footsteps, and please god dont buy something just because its limited and if you're in it for the money, then get out. I hope everyone has as much fun that i've had on their journeys, it is to be enjoyed.

Buy what you like, if you wanna wear it, wear it. If you wanna stock it, stock it. The sneaker game is all about what you want it to be, make it your own. Never follow in anyone elses footsteps, and please god dont buy something just because its limited and if you're in it for the money, then get out. I hope everyone has as much fun that i've had on their journeys, it is to be enjoyed.

the key is to take the shoes out the box from time to time and walk around the house in them. Unless you are planning to leave your shoes ds forever whether collecting or selling them there is no reason to where them after a certain period unless they are some aj1.

the key is to take the shoes out the box from time to time and walk around the house in them. Unless you are planning to leave your shoes ds forever whether collecting or selling them there is no reason to where them after a certain period unless they are some aj1.

Originally Posted by maronandlando

This is not a game....

Originally Posted by maronandlando

This is not a game....

goong thru the attic stockroom nov last yr i still found some of my older collections - some og ds ndestruckts and air worms crumbling to dust in their boxes and 2 sizes smaller than my current shoe size. wish i had taken pics before i have them thrown out but at the time i wasnt feeling of taking pics of crumbling shoes..

goong thru the attic stockroom nov last yr i still found some of my older collections - some og ds ndestruckts and air worms crumbling to dust in their boxes and 2 sizes smaller than my current shoe size. wish i had taken pics before i have them thrown out but at the time i wasnt feeling of taking pics of crumbling shoes..

I wear everything, If I take a pair of $300 kicks out the box you better believe they are going to get the run through, I wear all my kicks until they are beat, then I just play basketball in them or lounge around in them. It takes a few years b4 I beat a pair of kicks. Most of my balling shoes are still in resale condition.

I wear everything, If I take a pair of $300 kicks out the box you better believe they are going to get the run through, I wear all my kicks until they are beat, then I just play basketball in them or lounge around in them. It takes a few years b4 I beat a pair of kicks. Most of my balling shoes are still in resale condition.

Originally Posted by HanSolo23

Yup. I can't imagine NOT wearing anything I buy. 

Buy to break necks, not to make a $

Originally Posted by HanSolo23

Yup. I can't imagine NOT wearing anything I buy. 

Buy to break necks, not to make a $

Back
Top Bottom