WEARING VS COLLECTING

I have wanted to start this topic for a while and now here it is i want to know everyones opinion

COLLECTING VS WEARING

i personal feel that every pair u own you should be or have been able to have wore them in the time you have owned them. I LOVE collecting but i refuse to buy a shoe that i cant wear.I mean i need a pair of OG Jordan X any colour in a size 11 or 11.5(if you got i for sale then holla @ me) but if i found one some how and it was say a size 10 or 12 i wouldnt even look twice but some around here would buy it just to say they have it. Thats the part that i dont understand. Its a shoe.SHOES made to be wore and if you pay upward of $500US for some real heat like i have acouple of times. Why not get that feeling of breaking them out that box lacing them up and going on you block or wherever to get that feeling and most likly those stairs because your wearing THAT FIRE.I got a pair of kicks that i paid $1000US for and i wore them to the mall one day and saw my homie who knew how much i paid for them a even before he gave me a pound he screwed up his face and started to tell me how disappointed he was that i was wearing them outside i instantly repiled there shoes i bought them to wear them if i dont wear them no one will see them "thusinturn" no will know i have them so what would be the point of owing them well thats how i see it just what some other condasouiers opinion on this life long debate....
DONT EVER GET IT CONFUSED I LOVE KICKS AS MUCH AS ANYONE ON NT BUT I LOVE THE FEELING OF WEARING THOSE REAL HEAT ROCKS

"condasouiers" :D
happy.gif
..............some shoes are just not rockable ..........red suede XXI's
"yao know what i ming"

I wear all my shoes regardless of how much they cost or their value...

I personally hate all these terms, im not a "collector", im not a "shoehead", im just a dude who likes shoes.

No diss to folk who collect kicks (cuz there are some true collectors), it's just funny now how everybody an they mama's a collector.
looking for (sz 12-13):
safari dunk high
AM1 NL cement (black)
blazers (viotech/pinstripe)
sb classics

lol, collecting is for stamps! haha, i'm probably just saying that cause i can't afford shoes... however, I think collecting shoes is fine, but yea, it's only cool if you ACTUALLY like shoes, and are not just following "da hype"

* double post *
.:: |Team| Lebron| Size9| ::.
.:: | bib10 | dOubleO | tdog91184 | visrael | ::.​
.:: FOR SALE Lebron II Low Gum Sole w/ PE Box DS sz 11 ::.​

Buying something and not using it as it was intended to be but rather collect and store it does not apply to shoes only, it usually applies to most hobbies...

Coins -- Why not use newly double-minted coins for payment? They were meant to be used as legal tender..

Comics -- Why look for a perfect comic book without creases and then just have it slabbed and graded? Why not read it which it is meant to be...

Stamps -- Why buy newly released stamps and not use them to mail letters?

Toys -- Why keep them sealed sometimes even graded when they were meant to be played with?

There are a lot more hobbies that keeps items DS, MISP, MISB, MOSC than just shoes...

I'm just saying that collecting something doesn't mean you have to use them as they were intended to be..sometimes you collect things because you appreciate the beauty of the shoe, how it was designed, the meanings of the design, it's engineering etc.

So respect the collectors who like wearing the shoes and letting people know they have them and respect the collectors who just collects because they like looking at the shoes that are in perfect condition...

But if you ask me what kind of collector am I? I'm both...I have shoes that I wear, plan to wear and there are already pairs that I know I WON'T wear...

.:: |Team| Lebron| Size9| ::.
.:: | bib10 | dOubleO | tdog91184 | visrael | ::.​
.:: FOR SALE Lebron II Low Gum Sole w/ PE Box DS sz 11 ::.​

^^ same here.... I'm old enough to afford to buy and store.... like most guys that collect after awhile its really hard to even remember how many shoes you have, let alone wear them all.....

In other things in life things are graded because of it's content.The examples given above like comics,why is a comic worth what it is?Story?Some character's introduction?Personally I wear all my shoes actually I ball in all of my shoes.Ill obviously retire them as they get older and if it comes down to me really liking the shoe Ill buy 2,3-7 pairs of the same shoe so ill have something stashed away.Thats probably why I wont pay more than 300 for something Im gonna use and abuse.Nike has been pretty good about retroing stuff as well.I really got into shoes in the 90's and fell in love with alot of stuff from that time and my og's are getting up there.I think I only keep a few shoes in rotation from that time period.With all the stuff retroing I have a chance to pick up new pairs and not pay an arm and a leg for it.Everything will eventually come out again so its a matter of being patient.I think alot of shoes are like comic books.Theyre valued for their content.Theres a story behind them.I know I have a story for every pair of og's I have right now.My fiance hates it when Ill put on a shoe and tell her what I was doing in the shoe when it was brand new.Some random stuff like I bought these when I was working at niketown and I was working in the stockroom.Thats what ives a shoe value for me are the memories I made when I was wearing the shoe.Ill look at old pics of me and her 10 years ago and when I wear the same shoe Ill ask her if she remembers the shoe.Naturally no she wont remember cause she has the memory of a goldfish.But yah EVERYTHING gets worn ahahha og's and retros.

For me when I purchase a shoe I intend to wear it, it may take 6 years for me to finally get around to wearing it but it will be worn. I still have DS shoes from 99 that I haven't touched yet but I'll bring out when I feel it's right. Like others I got too much now that I forget what I have stored up.

ya, i feel y'all. some ppl. just started collectin, and when they're gettin OGs, theres just not that memory or that moment that the shoe has for them because they didn't grow up during that timeframe. for me personally i just buy for the design because theres no true moment that the shoe reminds me of or lets me treasure.
lucky enough to have a shoe repair store close by, and i might get them to rebuild some OGs i'm got, probably re-sole them or something to stop that cracking problem.

i'm a performance guy, so if its possible it'd be so cool, if i can toss like a zoom air bag inside a pair of OG Carmines
Anybody willing to ID Kobe II, and then send them to Canada?, PM me for fee​

some pieces of history are meant to be preserved...

if u got wearable carmines *example* @#%$ be my guest wear em and get the props u deserve for em, if you know they gonna crack and get ruined u gotta be stupid to wear em IMO... why break something on purpose?

i only wear pairs i have doubles or more of no matter the cost
----------------------------
416 And 250 Canada

Looking For DS Chicago Xs size 9-10.5

Selling
DS Penny IVs Size 10 100$ CAD OBO
DS AF1 MID Orange NYC Edition Size 10 110$ CAD OBO
DS Laney V Size 9.5 (Yellowing) 325$ CAD OBO
DS Space Jam XI Size 9.5 (Minor Yellowing) 450$ CAD OBO

I have a fair amount of DS shoes sitting around worth anything from $50-$2500 and I intend to wear every one of them at some point of my life. There is that dilemma almost daily though "Is today the day I should break out a DS pair I have been sitting on?" Also hard these days to justify UNDS a pair I paid $150 but is now worth $500. Should I really let these soles hit the pavement?

Thankfully 65% of the shoes coming out lately are compete garbage. I then can save spending my $$ on new releases so I can purchase old stuff and not feel so guilty about UNDS my only pair.

Am I collector or a shoe wearer? Who knows? I'd have to agree with "Im just a dude who likes shoes".

WANTED
Nike Dunk Lebron "Akron" Sz 10, 10.5
Nike Air Force 1 "VIBE Magazine" Any Size.

TEAM-AF-ONE

Quote:
Am I collector or a shoe wearer? Who knows? I'd have to agree with "Im just a dude who likes shoes".
TEAM
SUITS SUCK
entourage. ladies. cars. deep pockets.

Quote:
TEAMCANADA
Our sales tax will kill you. At least we have free health care!
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
.:: | Bargnani | Bosh | Calderon | Delfino | Dixon | Ford | Garbajosa | ::.
.:: | Graham | Humphries | Jackson | Kapono | Moon | Nesterovic | Parker | ::.​

so what about the PE collectors? most PEs are size 13, 14, 15 and some even go up to 16 and 17. just because one can't wear them doesn't take away the fact that they are a fan for PEs and that is waht they want to spend their money on.

and if u can't find a pair of your grails in your size, but u can get it in another size, i would say that it's better to have it than to not have it at all. buy it, why not? u can always try to trade for your size when it comes around.

I've discussed this topic in length many times and i think that personally to buy shoes with no intention of wearing them shows almost less of an appreciation for them. When i got into shoes i seen all my sports heroes and older dudes rocking these things so i couldn't wait for them to touch my feet so i could rock em. I still feel the same way and i Un-ds most of my purchases eventually. I know people who "collect" but they own shoes that they can never wear and enjoy because of condition or size. If your buying a shoe that is not your size as a collector of P.E.'s or something thats understandable, but to cop kicks that u can't fit is pointless. If you can't or don't wear your shoes simply put you just don't enjoy them as much and might as well be into other hobbies, yeah you can say people collect stamps, comics and such but you can't wear em. Sneakers are for sporting and rocking and if you ain't doing any of the above you in it for the wrong reasons. No matter how much they cost $ value wise it shouldn't matter unless your buying to resell cuz if you buy to wear or even collect either way your intention is to own and keep em.

Just my two cents.
And now back to business

I'm more amazed there is an actually discussion going on in the Canadian forum.
WANTED
Nike Dunk Lebron "Akron" Sz 10, 10.5
Nike Air Force 1 "VIBE Magazine" Any Size.

TEAM-AF-ONE

^ Theres usually one about every two months? :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAMCANADA
Our sales tax will kill you. At least we have free health care!
.:: | TEAM | TORONTO | RAPTORS | ::.
.:: | Bargnani | Bosh | Calderon | Delfino | Dixon | Ford | Garbajosa | ::.
.:: | Graham | Humphries | Jackson | Kapono | Moon | Nesterovic | Parker | ::.​

i wear every single pair i have... which is only like 13 prs...
IMO, if a shoe is wearable, it should be worn...
(|TEAM JAYS|)
A.J. Burnett--Roy Halladay--Troy Glaus--Aaron Hill--Lyle Overbay--Alex Rios--Vernon Wells--Frank Thomas​

Back
Top Bottom