Weather Thread: It's been TOO cold lately....

I just heard about the "snow shadow" on sports radio lol

if I can make it home safely, I'll be happy. I'll prolly be straight all the way to renton....Im just worried about gettin up and down the hill toactually get home.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

I just heard about the "snow shadow" on sports radio lol

if I can make it home safely, I'll be happy. I'll prolly be straight all the way to renton....Im just worried about gettin up and down the hill to actually get home.
Man I don't want any snow! I'm trying to go out tonight and/or tomorrow night!
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VCXV

Dunk206 where you stay at, those pics of the neighborhood look so familiar to me for some reason..

I'm in Kent (literally a 5 min walk from kentridge)... I miss my old place on beacon hill... haha.

A couple pics from today...
3118997432_e6ed3bd657.jpg
3118167105_85a68def5e.jpg
3118996270_5c1de099ee.jpg

206 Foreal? I live in Kent too and went to KR, what grad class were you?
I left Kent last night and it looked like there wasn't going to be any sign of snow and came up to my buddies on Queen Anne hill and wokeup to about 5inches of snow and it hasn't stopped snowing all day...
I need to find a way to get to UW to party tonight...anybody know if busses are running in downtown seattle?

I went to Kentridge too, and my folks still live across the street in Glencarin.

Im old though, yall dont know me.

(and its been snowing for a few hours here in Lakeland Hills, and we got about 4 inches on the ground or so. Just for the record)

Code:
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA420 PM PST THU DEC 18 2008WAZ505-518-519-191315-/O.NEW.KSEW.HW.A.0005.081220T1500Z-081222T0000Z/EAST PUGET SOUND LOWLANDS-WEST SLOPES NORTHERN CASCADES AND PASSES-WEST SLOPES CENTRAL CASCADES AND PASSES-420 PM PST THU DEC 18 2008...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAYAFTERNOON...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS ISSUED A HIGH WINDWATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAYAFTERNOON.A MAJOR AND POTENTIALLY DESTRUCTIVE EAST WIND EVENT SHOULD DEVELOPFROM THE CASCADES INTO THE FOOTHILLS AND THE EAST PUGET SOUNDLOWLANDS ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THIS EVENT SHOULD THEN CONTIUETHROUGH THE DAY ON SUNDAY.DURING THIS EVENT...SUSTAINED WINDS COULD REACH 50 TO 70 MPHWITH PEAK GUSTS OF 70 TO 90 MPH. IN THE LOWLANDS...THE STRONGESTWINDS ARE EXPECTED TO IMPACT COMMUNITIES IN EASTERN KING COUNTYSUCH HAS NORTH BEND...MAPLE VALLEY AND ENUMCLAW. HOWEVER...STRONGWINDS WILL EXTEND ALL THE WAY WEST TO NEAR LAKE WASHINGTON ANDTHE HIGHWAY 167 CORRIDOR.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...NOW IS THE TIME TO PREPARE FOR THIS POTENTIALLY DESTRUCTIVE WINDEVENT. TAKE THE TIME ON FRIDAY TO PREPARE FOR THE EVENTUALITY OFFALLING TREES...WHICH COULD BLOCK HIGHWAYS...AND PROLONGED POWEROUTAGES. BE SURE TO HAVE A FULL TANK OF GAS IN YOUR CAR AND ENOUGHFOOD ON HAND TO FEED YOUR HOUSEHOLD FOR SEVERAL DAYS. CONSIDERSAFE WAYS TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY WARM IF THE POWER GOES OUT WHILEOUTDOOR TEMPERATURES REMAIN BELOW FREEZING. WIND CHILL VALUESDURING THIS EVENT WILL BE NEAR ZERO IN THE LOWLANDS AND ABOUT 25BELOW ZERO NEAR THE MAJOR MOUNTAIN PASSES.

yea went to KR too...'04 hahah

the "bad" snow literally missed my neighborhood, all i have is about 1 inch of snow...hahahhah downtown renton has about 4-5, my girl has to walkhome....=(

lol funny, how many people from the pacific northwest forum of NT went/go to Kentridge, or a highschool in Kent?! is that where all the shoeheads come from? Iknow/am aware of quite a few now.

Haha. I graduated in 04', from Franklin. My family moved down in this area the summer I graduated, and been here since...

my lilttle brother goes to Kentridge

Im at work down o the waterfront of Seattle...I cant remember a time theres actually been snow and ice down at sea level. Sure its snowed before, but ice? wow.Theres NOBODY here at work lol Hopefully I'll get to go home early

Back
Top Bottom