Weather Thread: It's been TOO cold lately....

Code:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA758 AM PST FRI DEC 19 2008...ANOTHER WINTER STORM WILL AFFECT MOST OF WESTERN WASHINGTONLATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT....A STRONG FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL SPREAD PRECIPITATION INLAND OVERWESTERN WASHINGTON STARTING SATURDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUINGTHROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT. THE AIR MASS OVER THE AREA IS COLD ENOUGHTO PRODUCE SNOW. EAST WINDS WILL SUSTAIN THE COLD AIR AND WILLALSO PRODUCE LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS MAINLY ON THE EASTSIDE OF THE OLYMPICS AND OVER THE SOUTHWEST PART OF WESTERNWASHINGTON. AFTER THE MAIN FRONT MOVES THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...THE TRAILING UPPER LEVEL LOW WILL BRING SNOW SHOWERS TO THE AREASUNDAY NIGHT.THIS DEVELOPING WINTER STORM WILL BE DIFFERENT FROM THE STORMTHAT BROUGHT SNOW TO WESTERN WASHINGTON WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY.AS ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH SNOW STORMS OVER WESTERN WASHINGTON...THEWINDS INTERACTING WITH TERRAIN WILL DETERMINE WHERE THE HEAVIESTSNOW ACCUMULATIONS WILL OCCUR...AS WELL AS WHICH AREAS WILLRECEIVE VERY LITTLE SNOW ACCUMULATION.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SEATTLE WA1120 AM PST FRI DEC 19 2008EAST PUGET SOUND LOWLANDS-...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY TO 4 PM PSTSUNDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS ISSUED A HIGH WINDWARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM SATURDAY TO 4 PM PSTSUNDAY. THIS WARNING UPGRADES THE HIGH WIND WATCH WHICH HAD BEENIN EFFECT.STRONG WINDS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE EAST PUGET SOUND LOWLANDS ONSATURDAY MORNING AND INTENSIFY ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THIS WINDEVENT WILL PEAK ON SATURDAY NIGHT AND THEN SUBSIDE ON SUNDAY.AT THE HEIGHT OF THIS EVENT...SUSTAINED WINDS COULD REACH 50 TO70 MPH WITH PEAK GUSTS OF 70 TO 90 MPH. THE STRONGEST WINDS AREEXPECTED TO IMPACT COMMUNITIES IN EASTERN KING COUNTY SUCH ASNORTH BEND...MAPLE VALLEY AND ENUMCLAW. HOWEVER...STRONG WINDSCOULD EXTEND ALL THE WAY WEST TO NEAR LAKE WASHINGTON AND THEHIGHWAY 167 CORRIDOR. ALONG THE I-405 AND HIGHWAY 167CORRIDORS...WINDS OF 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 60 MPH AREPOSSIBLE.THIS EVENT COULD RIVAL A SIMILAR FOOTHILLS WIND STORM FROM EARLYDECEMBER 2003. DURING THAT EVENT...NUMEROUS TREES WERE BLOWNOVER...BLOCKING RESIDENTIAL STREETS AND MAJOR HIGHWAYS ALIKE.POWER WAS KNOCKED OUT TO MANY RESIDENCES AND BUSINESSES FOR ASMUCH AS A WEEK. PEOPLE NEED TO PREPARE NOW FOR MAJOR DISRUPTIONRESULTING FROM THIS WINDSTORM. BE SURE TO HAVE ENOUGH SUPPLIES ONHAND TO LAST FOR SEVERAL DAYS SHOULD YOU BE STRANDED AT HOME. BYLATE SATURDAY MORNING...IT MAY BE TOO LATE TO PREPARE.IN ADDITION...WIND CHILL READINGS DURING THIS EVENT MAY BE NEARZERO WITH AIR TEMPERATURES IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S. CONSIDER SAFEWAYS TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY WARM IF YOUR POWER IS KNOCKED OUT FOR APROLONGED PERIOD.

So I'd say it's started snowing in a few places in western Washington....... haha

2yju2d0.jpg

GHS 09. Don't even front. But on another note, has anyone actually gotten out today and seen the new Neons anywhere?

i can beast up through almost any snowy hill in seattle but can barely make it up my drive way. smh...

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Damn. Another nite stuck at home.
I know... this sucks...

Thankfully I got out last night, since I know I won't be out tonight or tomorrow night.... (or maybe for a while!!)

Holy Sh*t I jsut got off work, had to have moms come pick me up @ southcenter, it is like whiteout right now. Some guy from q13 came into the store today, saidthe storm will bring up to 8 inches to Kent/Fairwood. Hahaha all my buddies are back from Wazzu so Im about to bring the inner-kid out and suit up and go bravethe storm n trek to homeboys house for a huge
pimp.gif
fest. This'll be fun
smile.gif
, lol more NTers around Kent than i imagined, NT summit @ KR? hahahha.

Okay this %#+% is OD now.
I live in Shoreline and gotta drive to SeaTac for work tomorrow. $++$ this.
smh.gif

It's been snowing non-stop for hours now..... and it's not going to be stopping anytime soon....

Seattle Forecast for next 24 hours....

Overnight: Snow. Low around 26. Breezy, with a east southeast wind between 22 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 41mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow. High near 31. Southeast wind between 10 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inchespossible.

Sunday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Southeast wind between 9 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snowaccumulation of around an inch possible.

Alright it's snowing pretty hard right now.

I'm bout to try to make it to work. Wish me luck!

Nah, snow should slowly go away. It's going to be above freezing regularly after Monday.

Damn I was going down I-5 today and had no idea what lane I was going in the whole time...$%@* was a white out...

I havent been to work in days
smh.gif
haven't went christmas shopping and I have a check on my desk I cant reach and I'm dead broke right now
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom