Welcome our 9 new NikeTalk moderators!

I knew I should have left it alone.

Yes, paraphrasing, not quoting, what I posted makes it seem like I'm stating that I ban people at my whim, but when you look at the context of my reply and the entire reply itself, you see that it isn't the case.

Quote:
And a note on banning- sometimes it is absolutely necessary. Make sure it is- I noticed a few jokes about it... right now EZboard has a policy of non-interference, but if people start dropping like flies, that can change.

My response to this was to ask how it is that ezBoard would involve themselves when we can ban anyone and anytime for any reason.

ezBoard doesn't care if "ilovenikes29483" is banned from Niketalk.

ezBoard doesn't care if everyone is banned from NikeTalk. Well, they may for monetary reasons, but not just because people started "dropping like flies."

I saw that part of your post and it seemed like a warning to me so I asked for clarification and stated why I thought you were wrong.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

So...why I am completely black-listed?

Most of the people that hate me don't visit NikeTalk anymore.

I hold no grudges against anyone.

I'd just like a full explanation on why I'm never considered to be a moderator.

Honestly, I think I've put so much time into NikeTalk.

Never have I done anything against the community.

I'm willing to dedicate large ammounts of time and effort to NikeTalk.

Yeah...I know...it's just the internet...but that's not exactly how I view NikeTalk.

I have a life outside of the internet. College, work, soccer, church, family, and a girlfriend.

I know that there is a reality outside of "www.niketalk.com".

So...explain.

Please, sir(s). (And ma'am, if you even know who I am.)

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]WAKEME UP.
[/color]
(when september ends)

Quote:

The Buy/Sell forums are calling your name.

I wouldn't put your name out as mod' material because I remember you campaigning and I question why you're so passionate about being a mod'.

That and you called me on a rules violation in my sig'.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

Quote:

I wouldn't consider you as a moderator myself just by your posting alone.

I would never consider a person who actually begs, campaigns, or let's it known that they want to be a moderator.

Quote:
So...why I am completely black-listed?

:smh:
9qaekj.gif
9qaekj.gif
Sorry if your name happens to never come up. Whoa is us. |I
tired.gif

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

Clearly people would rather argue than actually read my original post. Hey, sure- go for it.

I'll try and re-state it, I wish we had audio, I'd make sure to talk real slow.

The point of the post was that:

A.) Jealous folks complaining about the choice of new Mods are boring.

and

B.) Mods and Admins would be better off setting an example of love on NT by remaining above trading petty flames with the jealous cats.

Look, I volunteer with kids. You think we don't run into smart-asses? Next time you take fifty under-privledged 3rd graders to a waterpark and have them drink soda for four hours, you see how effective it is to trade lip with one bad apple versus rise above it... if you participate in bad behavior, you send the message that it is acceptable.

You trade flames as a Mod or Admin, and folks who otherwise might not flame are encouraged to. I've been here just a little while compared to some folks. But I have seen a growing atmosphere of less love, more flaming... it's just aggressive and stupid. Why waste time with that? We're here to share a passion for sneakers...

You say you're unpaid. Okay. You're still someone who people look to as an example on this site. I guess it boils down to how important NT is to you. I'd rather have a collection of chill people to talk about sneakers with rather than a bunch of aggressive little biters...

Whatever... if NT becomes a hate pit, some other site will pop up... there's always gonna be people interested in shoes, with weak stomachs for e-hating...

I'm sure someone will find something they hate about this post. They always do. I've tried to lay it out honestly... do with it what you will.

Again, congrats to all the new Mods.

P.S.
I'm also well aware of the massive political argument I was involved with in the JB forum... it was the wrong forum and it got heated- I apologized and called a truce at the end... nobody's perfect- but the effort should be there to make this a civil place.

Quote:
Thanks, skratchpixels. *appreciated*
you're welcome. i'd just like to thank the mods again.

people shouldn't complain about the choosing of the mods. i was actually thinking about this. and before the anouncement, i already thought about 3 or 4 people in that list could be good mods.

and some of you thats complaining why you didn't get chosen, i've seen some of you that tried to pull some stuff in the past that makes me think, "are you seriously asking? is this a joke?" try reverse psychology of not asking, i think you'll have a better shot. Other wise, it's just annoying.

Quote:
Glad you see it our way.

cool. you should put my post in the FAQ section titled, "if you have a problem with anything on NT..."
laugh.gif
knowing it comes from a member would only make it more significant.

and i mentioned something about the sarcasm from the mods, don't stop (even if you guys do start getting paid, somehow...). it's entertaining and sometimes people won't listen other wise. so whatever works to get a point across. the only people that get annoyed about it and talk about it just has nothing else to say, so they start crying about something else.
indifferent.gif
seriously stop.

the next time yall pick mods can i be one? yall know i been here FOREVER
s?ref=vSpBNTze2yqvE2c_1QsWEb1tobU]Win FREE stuff just by searching the web.[/url][/center]

^ i wouldn't ever wanna touch buy/sell.

Quote:

Honestly, I think I've put so much time into NikeTalk.

Never have I done anything against the community.

Yeah...I know...it's just the internet...but that's not exactly how I view NikeTalk.

I have a life outside of the internet. College, work, soccer, church, family, and a girlfriend.

I know that there is a reality outside of "www.niketalk.com".

So...explain.
i don't have a life outside NT. NT is my life. i am willing to donate 20+ hours a day. yet i've never even been considered for a moderatorship. so you have no chance, buddy.
[/sarcasm]

in reality, i think there are tons of people here who would be great mods, but it's very hard to know who's good just by reading people's posts. and i really can't figure out why someone would eagerly want to become a mod.... it seems to me more like jury duty than a priviledge... (how about that idea... you randomly choose people on NT for "jury duty" where they have to mod for a week. you have to do this to remain a member of NT. if you do a bad job or if you don't do it, you get banned).

Some of y'all be doubting me
But I can do this in my sleep​

Quote:
they're all gay

I hope you don't lose the ezSupporter on all your names.

Our rules are clear and you've decided to post your insult in a thread where most of the staff is present so you shouldn't be surprised at the outcome.

ezInbox me with information.

I'm serious.

I'll hold down buy/sell.

[color= rgb(255, 204, 153)]WAKEME UP.
[/color]
(when september ends)

Quote:
they're all gay
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Wow... 12 bucks down the drain.

9qaekj.gif

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP​
There's always something you gotta give up,If you want everything you want​

Congrats again its about time some ofthem have become a Mod. I have another question though. What happened to Jumpmanst? Maybe hes here and i missed some of his post or a different username or something?

Must be tough decisions narrowing down a bunch of people for Mod. Who else was considered and didnt make the cut if that can be told.

Back
Top Bottom