Welcome to NIKETALK.com. New Forums and features added!!!

Quote:
JJ is a fool for that protection line...

Don't laugh Billy, I'll be using my "report" option very liberally. Maybe you and your OU budies will act decent when you encounter a post you don't agree with.

:lol:
laugh.gif
What I'm I thinkin' you've got like five screen names waiting in the wings. In guess it will be the same ole' NT only with a couple of new forums.

I leave for 5 days and all this happens

actually this is just a sig test

that seemed too large

Now, I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe! YES! Yes, I feel it, the power fills me. Yes, I feel the universe within me! I am a part of the cosmos! The power flows, flows through me! Of what consequence are you now? This planet, these people. They are NOTHING to me! The universe is power! Real, unstoppable POWER! And I am that force! I am that power! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER! Fool! you are no longer my EQUAL! I am more than man! MORE THAN LIFE! I...am...a...GOD!

Quote:
Don't laugh Billy, I'll be using my "report" option very liberally. Maybe you and your OU budies will act decent when you encounter a post you don't agree with.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This guy is too much.

Good luck in life.

UO*
[/url]​
[/center]

Yes, but it has it's loopholes and faults, as with most things computer related.
<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> 23ska for short <<<<<<<[/b]
(http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/Chick_Hearn_Bio-50564-59.htmlI grew up going mainly to ANGELS and LAKERS games, but I will ALWAYS cheer for my wife's home team (UK WILDCATS) and ALL the rest of MY home teams (SPARKS, XTREME, CLIPPERS, PADRES, DUCKS, TROJANS, CHARGERS, AVENGERS, DODGERS, BRUINS, KINGS, GALAXY).​

Quote:

laugh.gif
i did not see that one comin.

Let me clarify a few things:

- No 5 word limit, but we would appreciate people bringing more to the table than a laughing emoticon

- There was no discussion of "resellers" the way I've seen it put out here. We're not against resellers, it's more that some of us are tired of seeing businesses piggy back off of our free services with nary a thanks.

Yes, I understand the deals that can be and are provided to the average user, but it's on our backs that they're able to post, request help with users, move threads, have organization, etc.. More importantly, there is still an monetary cost to running NikeTalk.

I'd like to take a page from another message board I frequent and open a dealers forum where the sellers posting there have to pay a fee. The drawback to implementing a forum like this is that the money would be going to ezBoard and I'd rather see it go to our own webhost and forum software so that we can do anything we want with NT and do it easily.

- We didn't create a new forum just to move the WDYWT thread out of the General forum.

Those are the only misconceptions about the changes we've made that I remember. Remember that unless we say it, it isn't our belief.

No, that doesn't free you to put words in our mouth and speak for us.

Name length:

The length chosen, 15 characters, was just a guess and as mentioned earlier, I'll be fixing that when I get the time. There's another feature we're lookoing to add that'll require us to keep the same column width so adding more characters will be the solution to this "problem." I've already stated that this issue would be taken care of.

Jump to drop down menu:

We don't like how long it is either, but I believe we have very little, if any, control over this feature.

Steez suggested divisions be added between sections to make it clearer which area you're going to and I'd like to be able to reorder the forums from most popular (by visit) to least popular, but I don't know that we can do either.

I've already tried adding drop down menus, but it prevented our moderator commands from working. I'm going to try and add simplied versions of the drop down menus, but that'll take some time and it won't reduce the size of the "jump to" drop down menu.

I suggest using bookmark/navigation toolbars on your browser in the place of the "jump to" menu anyway. It's what I've been doing for some time now because it allows me visit the forums in my own order of importance.

I don't anticipate adding many more of these large replies detailing what we're trying to do AT YOUR DEMAND. I would have eventually gotten to it, but maintaining the board and tweaking the changes is much higher priority.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

I forgot to address the buy/sell reorganization.

We couldn't do anything more than what we did without a lot of additional help.

Smaller sized people and larger sized people had the advantage of searching slower forums. They're obviously the people complaining to change the sizes back to something that favors only them.

These complaints are based purely on self-interest and the suggested size ranges are based on nothing other than, "it sounds right."

The size ranges we have make it fair for everyone, not just the few.

Now that we have two volunteers (thanks airmag15 and blondsoccerplyr) and possibly more on the way, we might consider dividing the forums a little bit more, but that would lengthen our drop down menu even more which woud lead to more complaints of being like ISS. Regardless, we'd have to wait to see how the new rules affect the amount of posts in each forum and make adjustments accordingly. That'll be at least a few months down the road and it'll only happen if someone is willing to take their own time to tabulate the data.

Questions or comments regarding the board, another user, or any moderating I do should be directed to my ezInbox, found in my profile, because I rarely subscribe to threads.

^ holdenmichael, i appreciate the explanations.

"There's another feature we're lookoing to add that'll require us to keep the same column width"

can you tell us what this feature would be?

Some of y'all be doubting me
But I can do this in my sleep​

I have a recommendation as far as the Buy/Sell rules. I think people shouldn't be allowed to ask for the 4% extra for paypal. If you want to be compensated for paypal fees you should really just ask for the higher amount with paypal included it makes things simpler and it seems like buyers are being penalized for using paypal.

Other issues:

Local B/S/T threads in the Regional forums or the Miscellaneous forum

The following is just my own opinion on this subject:

I actually like this idea a lot, but we'd have to have someone designated to moderate these threads/forum.

The problem with this idea is that it will allow people to place links to their selling thread in a regional forum to get around our B/S rules. People from other areas will still be contacting people that aren't providing pictures.

So, although I'd prefer to see this type of thread in the Regional forums, it would be best to make a new forum for local B/S/T threads and apply our current B/S/T rules to these posts.

We still have to create rules for claiming fraud on NT because I'm tired of the he said / he said type of threads that lead to nothing but rules violations.

can you tell us what this feature would be?

I can't even give you a clue because I don't know if we'll be able to get it to work properly.

Regarding the PayPal fee, I believe that should be left up to the seller.

Quote:
There was no discussion of "resellers" the way I've seen it put out here. We're not against resellers, it's more that some of us are tired of seeing businesses piggy back off of our free services with nary a thanks.

Yes, I understand the deals that can be and are provided to the average user, but it's on our backs that they're able to post, request help with users, move threads, have organization, etc.. More importantly, there is still an monetary cost to running NikeTalk.

I'd like to take a page from another message board I frequent and open a dealers forum where the sellers posting there have to pay a fee. The drawback to implementing a forum like this is that the money would be going to ezBoard and I'd rather see it go to our own webhost and forum software so that we can do anything we want with NT and do it easily.

- We didn't create a new forum just to move the WDYWT thread out of the General forum.

Those are the only misconceptions about the changes we've made that I remember. Remember that unless we say it, it isn't our belief.

No, that doesn't free you to put words in our mouth and speak for us.

Every person who sells an item they have bought is a reseller and a business. The type of reseller you are limiting is piggybacking off the board in just the same way as these supposed individuals. If they are not punished for this supposed piggybacknig why are all sellers not for not giving a nary thanks? The two groups are congruent and should be treated as such, both use the service to make their own personal money.

It would be a much easier point to understand if the supposed difference between resellers and individuals users is exlpained, because I still don't see the difference, and I feel many do not as well.

beyond that I'd also like to see consideration given to my two tier forum concept, through atleast some of the discussion you all have said to have done to come to these rules

beyond that thanks for your explanations and cnosideration thus far
inquiring minds want to know.......

has JJ grown?

Naw people still gotta bow down to hop on my ****

Back
Top Bottom