Welcome to our updated site!

I just posted something in a thread and it said " This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors. ".

Is this something new? Never seen that before. :lol:

Edit: Ok it did it this time also. Is this something that's always been done or is this some new feature?

We just finished the bulk of search reindexing, can you check your post history and see if that got fixed?

Did some quick checks and everything looks good so far!

giphy.gif

I can pull up old posts to make fun of DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican again :pimp:

I just posted something in a thread and it said " This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors. ".

Is this something new? Never seen that before. :lol:

Edit: Ok it did it this time also. Is this something that's always been done or is this some new feature?

Sorry about that, it's not a new feature. I was toggling some settings and didn't check thoroughly for this. I see you were able to post after this. Let us know if you continue to see this issue. Thanks!

I posted about this before hoping it would eventually get patched up but it's still happening and its annoying lol. Is there anyway to fix the 'reactions received' area.. basically, you used to be able to go to 'likes received' (now reactions) and click on a post someone liked to see that post. This made it easier to pickup where you left off, go from thread to thread with a little purpose, and see what kind of content is working etc.

Basically, it was useful. Now if I click on a post that received a reaction, it kicks me straight to page 1 which is obviously an issue for threads that are 100s of pages long. Can we fix this?

Can’t hold down on the backspace key on ios to rapid delete text. Only lets me rapidly tap backspace to delete text quickly.

Can’t hold down on the backspace key on ios to rapid delete text. Only lets me rapidly tap backspace to delete text quickly.

Was that a NT thing? Sounds like a new iphone IOS.. I know I went from the 7 to the 11 and that's happening but its not a NT thing for me.

I posted about this before hoping it would eventually get patched up but it's still happening and its annoying lol. Is there anyway to fix the 'reactions received' area.. basically, you used to be able to go to 'likes received' (now reactions) and click on a post someone liked to see that post. This made it easier to pickup where you left off, go from thread to thread with a little purpose, and see what kind of content is working etc.

Basically, it was useful. Now if I click on a post that received a reaction, it kicks me straight to page 1 which is obviously an issue for threads that are 100s of pages long. Can we fix this?

Hi, this is a platform issue. I just checked on an old iPhone 6 and it does the same thing even on the old iOS. We’ll continue to monitor for an update, but since this is a core issue in the software itself and it works from the Alerts area as expected, it is a low priority.

Thanks for understanding while we sort it out.

Hi, this is a platform issue. I just checked on an old iPhone 6 and it does the same thing even on the old iOS. We’ll continue to monitor for an update, but since this is a core issue in the software itself and it works from the Alerts area as expected, it is a low priority.

Thanks for understanding while we sort it out.

I'm reading IOS and thinking apple IOS but I get the feeling you are referring to the platform and IOS as it pertains to programming and running NT. Which in your case, I just have to wait it out.. I understand that if this is the case. Hopefully we can get it fixed because it helps make navigating the site better and seeing what people actually liked.

Question though.. where in alerts is it working as expected.. likes/reactions do not show up in my alters, only the mentions/quotes. I see an area to click on reactions via alerts but it does the same kick back to page 1 when clicking on a link to a post someone liked. Am I missing something?

I'm reading IOS and thinking apple IOS but I get the feeling you are referring to the platform and IOS as it pertains to programming and running NT. Which in your case, I just have to wait it out.. I understand that if this is the case. Hopefully we can get it fixed because it helps make navigating the site better and seeing what people actually liked.

Question though.. where in alerts is it working as expected.. likes/reactions do not show up in my alters, only the mentions/quotes. I see an area to click on reactions via alerts but it does the same kick back to page 1 when clicking on a link to a post someone liked. Am I missing something?

No, you're not missing anything. I suggest that your Preferences are set appropriately if your Likes aren't showing up in Alerts: https://niketalk.com/account/preferences

(1) Preferences  NikeTalk 2019-10-04 09-43-09.png

I’m using the same iphone 7 and ios as I did before the site upgrade and that never happened before

That's weird.. my 7 used to do the fast delete thing and I noticed that my 11 doesnt do it. But its happening everywhere.. not just here. It could be the updated ios for apple but you said its the same ios..

Man, this thread is so long I have no idea if anyone's asked this or can specifically tell me where to go in Preferences to resolve this, but: when I click the top-menu circle featuring my avatar (Alerts), the alerts that I decide not to click will not disappear from my Alerts drop-down once I hover off the Alerts icon and revisit it.

How can I specifically fix this in Preferences?

Man, this thread is so long I have no idea if anyone's asked this or can specifically tell me where to go in Preferences to resolve this, but: when I click the top-menu circle featuring my avatar (Alerts), the alerts that I decide not to click will not disappear from my Alerts drop-down once I hover off the Alerts icon and revisit it.

How can I specifically fix this in Preferences?
From your preferences page: https://niketalk.com/account/preferences
48F3D79F-C067-4F0D-81B7-FF29EB8A76E9.jpeg

Uncheck the box labeled “alerts pop-up skips mark read.”

Tried looking but didn't see anything addressing this. Is there any way to show if there's unread posts on a pinned thread since the pin is in the location of the unread post indicator? Like maybe if there's unread posts the pin is red, and if not the pin is white?

kind off subject but didn't know where to put it, 12/12 vision shouting out NT on his vlog.

The linking of the website looks suspect and/or an advertisement. Perhaps we should only see the URL link.

BC79A83D-F201-44B5-AB09-47FBEC2928FE.png
Link previews are a basic convenience feature on modern web services. Even your text messaging app likely supports them.

They offer more information than text only links and offer some measure of protection against deceptive links and blind redirects.

Eliminating this feature for links would be like going back to text only links for social media posts and videos.

I don't think anyone asked for them to be REMOVED, we asked for the formatting of them to simply look different. If that isn't an option, I get it but we also wee your point of removing it would be a step backWARDS.

Back
Top Bottom