Welcome to our updated site!

Methodical Management Methodical Management for example, if was to click on Watched Threads the video behind it would start instead of going to the Watched Threads page. I am using Chrone btw.

Screenshot_20191019-173056_Chrome.jpg
The photo gallery just overlapped again even in this thread...

Are you guys open to allowing an option to disable the photo gallery?

002CFCA7-7B16-4159-9080-1998DA73890B.png
On desktop I'm getting overlapping of ads. The ads appear "behind" the thread gallery and my user stats. It looks awful and is confusing, not to mention that one wrong click sends me to advertising hell.
Can we fix this crap!! Its very annoying not being able to tap on something because there's an ad behind it and when you click it opens the ad.

Doesnt happen on just ads but same goes for social media links that display the page. When you try to click something that displays on top, whatever is behind it opens. And sometimes its impossible to work around it

Here is my example im trying to click general and it opens the ad

Here i want to edit the post and when i click it it opens twitter. Tried again by scrolling down some then trying again but of course there's that damn ad there and now its not even clickable :stoneface:

Fixes have been implemented for these issues. Let us know if you're still experiencing them.

“tHe pHoTO GaLleRy wAs tHe mOsT ReqUeStEd fEaTuRe“
Go back and look at the posts made at relaunch in 2017 if you'd like to see for yourself. It's at the very bottom of the screen on mobile. You don't have to use it.

Anyone else have the issue from audio whithin the embedded videos from YouTube, twitter etc...? Happens to me on mobile.
What, specifically, is wrong with the audio? This is the first report I've heard of an audio problem with embedded media.

HellaSteph HellaSteph links for the kudos still takes me to the first page of the thread
not the actual post that received the kudos
NikeTalk uses third party forum software that has then been customized to suit our needs.

The behavior you're referring to is controlled by the operation of the forum software itself.

You can find a discussion of it on the developer's website here if you'd like to register your complaint with them: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-pointing-to-threads-instead-of-posts.170730/

Perhaps they can offer a fix in a future update.

The issue with clicking on a specific post under the alerts and it not going straight to that post issue seems to be back

NikeTalk uses third party forum software that has then been customized to suit our needs.

The behavior you're referring to is controlled by the operation of the forum software itself.

You can find a discussion of it on the developer's website here if you'd like to register your complaint with them: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...-pointing-to-threads-instead-of-posts.170730/

Perhaps they can offer a fix in a future update.
I’m confused
Cause some folks say it works for them
And some say it doesn’t
And u want me to go to THAT site to complain
And not here???

I’m confused
Cause some folks say it works for them
And some say it doesn’t
And u want me to go to THAT site to complain
And not here???
There are several different ways to see reactions to your posts.

You haven’t really specified which one you’re having trouble with. If you receive notifications of the reactions you receive, those links go straight to your post, but links on https://niketalk.com/account/reactions go to the thread.

I assumed that’s what you’re talking about and, if so, that behavior is governed by the forum software. The developer would need to change that, and I gave you a link to read more about the issue and lobby for any desired changes to the core platform directly.

Or you can just receive notifications of any reactions receive through your alerts, or you can view your recent posts through the “your content” link in your settings menu. It’s up to you.

There are several different ways to see reactions to your posts.

You haven’t really specified which one you’re having trouble with
. If you receive notifications of the reactions you receive, those links go straight to your post, but links on https://niketalk.com/account/reactions go to the thread.

I assumed that’s what you’re talking about and, if so, that behavior is governed by the forum software. The developer would need to change that, and I gave you a link to read more about the issue and lobby for any desired changes to the core platform directly.

Or you can just receive notifications of any reactions receive through your alerts, or you can view your recent posts through the “your content” link in your settings menu. It’s up to you.
if u like my post
and i go to my reaction score
will be a list of posts people liked and the post
but when i try to click the actual post on that reaction score page
instead of taking me to the post
it just takes me to the page 1 of the thread
where ever that post was located
instead of the actual post that was liked

if u like my post
and i go to my reaction score
will be a list of posts people liked and the post
but when i try to click the actual post on that reaction score page
instead of taking me to the post
it just takes me to the page 1 of the thread
where ever that post was located
instead of the actual post that was liked
So, again, the reason you're seeing different people saying different things about this issue is because there are different ways to access your liked posts.

My earlier post applied to the exact scenario you're talking about here. The behavior of that page is controlled by the forum software. The post I linked you to on the developer's website covers the exact issue you're describing. If they fix the problem in a future release, we'll update the site.

So, again, the reason you're seeing different people saying different things about this issue is because there are different ways to access your liked posts.

My earlier post applied to the exact scenario you're talking about here. The behavior of that page is controlled by the forum software. The post I linked you to on the developer's website covers the exact issue you're describing. If they fix the problem in a future release, we'll update the site.

Came in here to discuss this exact thing. I saw you link earlier telling us to lobby for what we want. However, I think complaints/suggestions coming from people who actually purchased the site (telling them you have had tons of complaints), will go over better than if they get complaints for us.

This issue is something that needs to be fixed. It is a completely useless feature the way it is currently set up. Would be great if you can get the ball rolling. Not all complaints are created equal. And coming from someone who actually purchased the software, will hold more weight IMO.

This issue is something that needs to be fixed. It is a completely useless feature the way it is currently set up. Would be great if you can get the ball rolling. Not all complaints are created equal. And coming from someone who actually purchased the software, will hold more weight IMO.

We have no control over what a software company that we do not own does. I've sent messages to Google many times asking for them to fix things, but I can't force them. The same circumstance is at play here: we want to fix this, but we cannot until it's available to do so.

I understand your concerns, and we hear you. The issue is something we're aware of and the development company is aware of also. Once they provide a fix, we'll have it on the website.

We have no control over what a software company that we do not own does. I've sent messages to Google many times asking for them to fix things, but I can't force them. The same circumstance is at play here: we want to fix this, but we cannot until it's available to do so.

I understand your concerns, and we hear you. The issue is something we're aware of and the development company is aware of also. Once they provide a fix, we'll have it on the website.
I get it. I see that the software company doesnt have this option available. My point was, since its a feature we seem to all agree we want, the people who purchased this software (NT staff), should be the ones voicing our displeasure. The answer meth gave "see the link and lobby for it yourselves" is not good enough IMO.

Thank you for your time.

I get it. I see that the software company doesnt have this option available. My point was, since its a feature we seem to all agree we want, the people who purchased this software (NT staff), should be the ones voicing our displeasure. The answer meth gave "see the link and lobby for it yourselves" is not good enough IMO.

Thank you for your time.

We appreciate the feedback. I think Meth's option was to provide a more direct path for anyone who's interested to voice their concerns directly at the provider. I know some of us may be motivated to do so, but for NT staff, we do this regularly, frequently, and proactively. I think if we had more voices, it would be more impactful, but that's just me.

Once I have the fix, I'll definitely apply it and get it out to the forum. Thank you for your patience and cheers!

Came in here to discuss this exact thing. I saw you link earlier telling us to lobby for what we want. However, I think complaints/suggestions coming from people who actually purchased the site (telling them you have had tons of complaints), will go over better than if they get complaints for us.

My purpose in sharing that link was threefold:
  1. To show that this isn't a behavior that we negligently coded in to the new site. We had forum software that was reaching the end of its support period and upgraded to the latest version, which included the change.
  2. To show that the issue has already been brought to the attention of the developers.
  3. To give those still frustrated a constructive way to express that frustration to those in the best position to correct it.
We're all in agreement that it's not great UI. The developer has already been notified of the complaint by multiple license-holders. We're committed to keeping the software updated and to provide the best experience we can. As Steph has said, we'll apply future patches and updates once they're available - as was already done to address the search bar issue for iOS users.

We appreciate your patience.

Can someone look into the quoting box again.

When I back space delete or back space delete fast, the fonts change to black.

It’s hard to see what you’re quoting and typing.

iOS, mobile.

Is anyone else being prompted to download a font when visiting the site?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.09.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 9.09.08 PM.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Wow
Reactions: ARK
The way u made it seem like
When we first changed
Was that this was one of the best
The sites ever had
Now ur saying the UI isn’t great???
Or am I misinterpreting that sentence
You're taking that out of context. I was referring to the behavior of the links on the "reactions you've received" page.

Back
Top Bottom