WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Nah bruh, not this one. Like I said if it’s true. Rumor. Not co signing, but going towards the LGB whatever alphabets you know what I’m mean. Just going down a different path, new era. It won’t be the same all I can say…….. if true . We will see
Stop posting if you’re not gonna actually post the rumor.

Oh this one of them every-time-I-get-mad-I-call-the-police-because-black-men-are-scared-of-them type white girls. :smh:

majors was actually the good guy and the one that called the cops because chick was actin up

Bobby being revealed as gay in the comics was pretty poor writing. It added nothing to the character but it’s Bobby Drake. A pretty lame character.

The original 5 are pretty uninteresting anyway which is why they could just make Bobby gay. They’re probably gonna have to find something to make Warren interesting too. Same with Cyclops.

Only dynamic characters were Jean and Beast.

Anyone else remember all da slurs they used for mutants in the OG X-Men animated series? Made me feel some kind of way as a kid because the bass and passion in their voices when they called someone a "mutie" made me think they would slip up and drop da n bomb. The funny thing was when they had that one episode when they went back in time and Storm and Logan were dating and confused why people didn't like them because of their race. 😂

Yeah, Warren becoming Archangel was a pretty defining moment for his character lol.

Still looking forward to the series to release.

Anyone else remember all da slurs they used for mutants in the OG X-Men animated series? Made me feel some kind of way as a kid because the bass and passion in their voices when they called someone a "mutie" made me think they would slip up and drop da n bomb. The funny thing was when they had that one episode when they went back in time and Storm and Logan were dating and confused why people didn't like them because of their race. 😂
You gotta admit tho. Them even trying to handle racism with kiddie gloves was pretty ballsy.

You gotta admit tho. Them even trying to handle racism with kiddie gloves was pretty ballsy.
Maybe it was how I was raised but the OG show was like watching the struggles of any marginalized group in animated form. Even though they were dealing with mutants their struggle was applicable to anyone and was well done and very ballsy. The parallels between Prof X and Magneto and MLK and Malcolm X. Conflicts of violence vs non violence to effect change for marginalized groups. Beast getting arrested and how he handled things was almost like watching MLK when he was in a Birmingham jail.

Maybe it was how I was raised but the OG show was like watching the struggles of any marginalized group in animated form. Even though they were dealing with mutants their struggle was applicable to anyone and was well done and very ballsy. The parallels between Prof X and Magneto and MLK and Malcolm X. Conflicts of violence vs non violence to effect change for marginalized groups. Beast getting arrested and how he handled things was almost like watching MLK when he was in a Birmingham jail.
That because you were watching the struggles of a marginalized group. :lol: I I remember watch the show with my parents and my mom saying, “Oh they’re really this…”. Thats when they told me the X-Men were an allegory for the civil rights movement. Suddenly, it made sense why they never had problems buying me comics when I asked.

That because you were watching the struggles of a marginalized group. :lol: I I remember watch the show with my parents and my mom saying, “Oh they’re really this…”. Thats when they told me the X-Men were an allegory for the civil rights movement. Suddenly, it made sense why they never had problems buying me comics when I asked.
Very glad that they did that. I was the same way. My parents never cared that I would be up early on Saturday watching X-Men.

Haven't read anything about the X-men reboot, but it's very important they hit on the topic of the X-men/mutants being a minority group that's' shunned by the general public. Within the mutants there were outcast groups and radical groups of mutants who were doing bad things that didn't represent all of mutants, but all mutants got the blame.

They have the blueprint already prepared, hopefully they don't mess it up

Haven't read anything about the X-men reboot, but it's very important they hit on the topic of the X-men/mutants being a minority group that's' shunned by the general public. Within the mutants there were outcast groups and radical groups of mutants who were doing bad things that didn't represent all of mutants, but all mutants got the blame.

They have the blueprint already prepared, hopefully they don't mess it up
It's a continuation from the original series. But you know how people will be.

I have faith that they’ll do X-men right. “Outcasts” and minority groups getting representation in mass popular media is always appreciated:pimp:

They did with Warren. They made him Archangel lol.
:lol: He basically became a mute puppet of Apocalypse.

I’m talking personality wise or some sort of character development. Warren was boring before and boring after.

Jean Grey had some internal struggle when she became dark Phoenix. Beast struggles all the time on if he should do certain things based off of his scientific endeavors and is now basically a villain.

The rest, things just happened to them. At the least Cyclops has the base of being a scumbag so it makes sense when he’s more of a drill Sargent training child soldiers when mutants are near extinction.

That’s the comics though. They can do w/e with the cartoon.

Robert Downey Jr meme is still ok to laugh over, looks like Majors is done after what his lawyer did.

The Rock will not work in the MCU. They’ll cast him as Night Thrasher and then he’ll release some goofy statement like “The power balance in the MCU has shifted, Night Thrasher is now the most powerful force in the MCU…” Keep that jabroni out of the MCU please.

Back
Top Bottom