WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Very true.

Y’all running out to the see the next Chris Evans movie bc he’s in it?

All these directors scared and speaking out because they know comic book storylines are endless and this could potentially never end.

BUT, I dont know what they are so afraid of Marvel for.

It's Star Wars and Grogu in Mandalorian Armor they need to fear.

AND EVEN

IF STAR WARS IS DEFEATED.

The Kingdom Hearts will prevail.

Has Tarentino created any stars or he just casts them?

SamJack? i think its his breakout role and he earned a lot of noms in pulp fiction and probably should’ve won best supporting actor oscar

Travoltas career got a new jolt in the same film, dude was dead in the water after being super famous in the 70s/80s

kind of rekindled Don Johnson career too, he got a few god roles after Django, same with Kurt Russell after Deathproof

Chritoph Waltz? never heard of him before inglorious

Pam Grier in Jackie Brown is probably her apex mountain

Roth in Resevoir Dogs is probably his apex mountain too

and maybe singlehandedly keeping Madsen employed :lol:

but at some point once you become a big enough director, you do work with the same people and cast the best of the best once you got the clout

I knew it would be super quick for someone to come out offended lol. Y’all don’t own the mcu. Who gives a ****.

efron ready for that wolvy mantle to be handed to him

1669169994862.jpeg

or ferigno hulk variant

1669170110800.jpeg

I just feel like a lot of these directors are baited for clicks. Truth is that franchise/IP stuff impacts money they get to craft their stuff. At the same time, franchise/IP stuff is keeping the theaters open so I understand the frustration of it.

if there were no streaming wars, theaters would be alive and well

but all these companies took on this ordeal and now realizing the return on it is minimal

disney just reported a loss of $1.5b on streaming because the budget on the Marvel and SW shows are comparable to movies yet they’re charging around $3 month initially ($7 now?) while netflix, the only profitable streaming service is the only one making money

but i digress…

This is rich coming from Mackie.

Its not superhero movies fault some actors simply are not movie stars.

Tom Cruise still doing great out here. Will, Keanu, Denzel,etc.

The truth is this recent generation has not produced any new movie stars that can make high grossing blockbuster movies.

Also all those movies would still get made..... just on netflix buried with the rest of their ever growing content and if not a movie a TV series.

Plus you know its off stance when Liam Neeson was able to reinvent himself as an old man action hero.

QT really has no room to talk. Creating movie stars is not his lane. If he misses them he should've approached his career differently and not limit himself to 10 films. By the end of his career the biggest name is him not any actor.
Pam Grier in Jackie Brown is probably her apex mountain

:lol:

Last edited:
Just got done with The Eternals. Nowhere near as bad as the negative hype surrounding it...

... HOWEVA...

It did feel disjointed and sloppy. My son & I, both huge MCU fans, easily have it as our least favorite MCU movie.

-foe

Has Tarentino created any stars or he just casts them?

Samuel L. Jackson is the only person I can think of that went from supporting actor to lead man after Pulp Fiction.

Uma Thurman was a bigger deal after Pulp Fiction.

But that's one film, 28 years ago.

Times have changed. Personally I only go to the movies to see MCU films. There’s a few exceptions here and there. The atmosphere you get from watching an MCU film on the big screen in IMAX and whatever stuff they offer is a cool experience that you probably wouldn’t get from a majority of other movies. I just watched The Godfather (one of my favorite movies ever) with my son and it was great to watch in my home but I’m not going to pay to see that in the movies.
for me, not really. MCUs are not automatic for me. I still go for other genres. the issue is though that film companies seem to cater more towards a certain demographics for quick and easy money. it has gone the road on how video games are now made.

if there were no streaming wars, theaters would be alive and well

but all these companies took on this ordeal and now realizing the return on it is minimal

disney just reported a loss of $1.5b on streaming because the budget on the Marvel and SW shows are comparable to movies yet they’re charging around $3 month initially ($7 now?) while netflix, the only profitable streaming service is the only one making money

but i digress…
I believe the production value also is the reason why corporations are losing money. overstretching their budget on shows that they thought would make money just because it's an MCU production is not always a sure thing.

GOT reach that money-making status from a small thing production to a multi-million show franchise by garnering a cult-following.

Thank god :lol:

Waititi was feeling himself way too much with that 4th one.

That tone was great in smaller doses in Ragnarok but completely went off the rails with it in L&T.

Was a total disservice to a top tier Thor villain in Gorr and Bale too :smh:

Back
Top Bottom