WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

In reality, a World War Hulk film would be more ideal than Planet Hulk. I can see them completely skipping PH and going straight into WWH.

deadpool turned out fire tho so im glad sony had nothing to do with them. fox could've messed it up tho, but we got lucky i guess
Marvel Studios, which was purchased by Disney in 2009 for $4 billion, has the rights to Marvel characters including Captain America, the Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and more.

While Spider-Man is a Marvel character, he is one of several Marvel characters that have had previous long-standing deals with other movie studios which prevented Marvel Studios from including the characters in its movies.

Fox has the rights to the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four, while Sony Pictures had the rights to Spider-Man.

Under the partnership, a new Spider-Man movie will be released July 28, 2017. 

It's expected that current Spider-Man actor Andrew Garfield will be replaced in the new films. A press release says the movie will take on a "new creative direction" for the character.

The entry of the new Spider-Man film has shifted the release of Marvel's upcoming releases as well.

The movie will be co-produced by Marvel and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige along with Amy Pascal. According to the release, Sony Pictures will "continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films." 

In addition, Marvel has a few other big plans for Spidey.

Before the release of the next Spider-Man movie, the character will appear in a yet unannounced Marvel movie.

That movie will most likely be the next "Captain America" sequel, "Captain America: Civil War."

Disney previously tried to get Spider-Man back at Marvel, according to leaked emails during the Sony hack. Back then, Disney reportedly wanted Spider-Man for "Civil War," a storyline which pits Captain America against Iron Man. Spider-Man is at the heart of that comic as his allegiance is torn between between the two.

Last edited:
Deadpool is FOX not SONY.

So if you think they dropped the ball with DP that's a FOX-Men failing not SONY's failing. Although I can see how someone could confuse the ineptitude of both studios.

While they claim to still have creative control and are the ones signing off on things. I think it's really the other way around. Feige is running the show, SONY gets stupid with him they'll ditch Spidey and hype up an Inhuman with spider powers. Thing is he's more nicer and willing to make things work than Ike but the way I see it the MCU is leading the show.

Last edited:
In reality, a World War Hulk film would be more ideal than Planet Hulk. I can see them completely skipping PH and going straight into WWH.
I don't know about that though. What happens at the end of Planet Hulk "justifies" Hulks thirst for vengeance. I think WWH would be a much better movie if they did Planet Hulk first. 

I don't know about that though. What happens at the end of Planet Hulk "justifies" Hulks thirst for vengeance. I think WWH would be a much better movie if they did Planet Hulk first. 

First off remember, movies NEVER go as scripted as the comics. Hulks vengeance doesn't have to come from Planet Hulk. Planet Hulk is a great story but not necessary for WWH. In fact, if they wanted to (they won't) they could use Civil War as a reason for WWH.

What if in the climatic finish of Civil War Black Widow tries to stop Tony and Steve from killing each other and ends up dying somehow playing peacemaker. Banner blames both sides for her death and goes into an uncontrollable rage seeking revenge on every participant in the fight amongst Tony and Steve.

Again, it's unlikely. But I think Widow's death would be a good substitute for actually doing a Planet Hulk. I would love for them to do a PH but I would prefer a WWH movie between the two films. With the studios doubt over how they'd do a PH film or its success, doing WWH has enough supporting players to keep it grounded in comparison.

First off remember, movies NEVER go as scripted as the comics. Hulks vengeance doesn't have to come from Planet Hulk. Planet Hulk is a great story but not necessary for WWH. In fact, if they wanted to (they won't) they could use Civil War as a reason for WWH.

What if in the climatic finish of Civil War Black Widow tries to stop Tony and Steve from killing each other and ends up dying somehow playing peacemaker. Banner blames both sides for her death and goes into an uncontrollable rage seeking revenge on every participant in the fight amongst Tony and Steve.

Again, it's unlikely. But I think Widow's death would be a good substitute for actually doing a Planet Hulk. I would love for them to do a PH but I would prefer a WWH movie between the two films. With the studios doubt over how they'd do a PH film or its success, doing WWH has enough supporting players to keep it grounded in comparison.
I can see BW's death being a substitute for PH in terms of movies and such, but I personally don't think BW and Hulk's relationship carries the weight that Hulk and Caiera did. Also he blamed Earth's heroes for destroying his family/happiness. I don't know, maybe its the Hulk fan boy in me that wants it done right so bad.

Marvel casted Zendaya in the Spider-Man movie and rumors are she's gonna be Mary Jane but they changed her name to Michelle Watson.

Interesting..although the article states she isn't a love interest of Spidey but she has a Major role.

They might've created a new character tbh

Last edited:

That'd be weak writing in comparison to Planet Hulk. And if they do a Planet Hulk film it'd only make sense for World War Hulk to come in after anyways. Not really any reason it has to be one or the other. As Barbados Slim Barbados Slim said, Planet Hulk explains and justifies World War Hulk, making it that much better as a storyline and far more emotional. That's a greater payoff than having Widow die in Civil War and then going into WWH. Planet Hulk also has greater value as an idea, introducing numerous new characters and further expanding on the MCU, many of whom can then play a part in WWH as well, along with throwing some attention towards Hulk as well to build him and his franchise up. It's basically just like how we've had things building up to Civil War over the last few films, with SHIELD being revealed as a cover for Hydra, disbanded, the Avengers taking over things, Ultron nearly destroying the world, etc. all of which led us to the discussion of acountability for superheroes.

Plus I think doing both gives you the chance to have two great films in comparison to just one.

Last edited:
article from Deadline only states her name will be Michelle, no last name yet

Zendaya Lands A Lead In Spider-Man Reboot At Sony And Marvel Studios

Sony and Marvel Studios are beginning to cast up their Spider-Man reboot. I’m told that actress-singer Zendaya has landed a key role in the ensemble they are building around Tom Holland, who’ll play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the film to be directed by Jon Watts (Cop Car). She was among the actresses who’ve quietly been testing for roles, and I hear she will play a character named Michelle. Nobody is providing details on whether this is the romantic lead opposite Peter Parker, but it doesn’t sound like it. In the comics, Parker romanced Mary Jane and Gwen.

There is a female character in the spider-man comics named Michele 
laugh.gif

article from Deadline only states her name will be Michelle, no last name yet

Zendaya Lands A Lead In Spider-Man Reboot At Sony And Marvel Studios

Sony and Marvel Studios are beginning to cast up their Spider-Man reboot. I’m told that actress-singer Zendaya has landed a key role in the ensemble they are building around Tom Holland, who’ll play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the film to be directed by Jon Watts (Cop Car). She was among the actresses who’ve quietly been testing for roles, and I hear she will play a character named Michelle. Nobody is providing details on whether this is the romantic lead opposite Peter Parker, but it doesn’t sound like it. In the comics, Parker romanced Mary Jane and Gwen.

Understandable that Mary Jane and Gwen are the most well known due to the films, but Peter's had far more love interests than just those two :lol: Dude's bodycount is probably one of the highest in comic book history, right there with Batman. In fact, one of his love interests was named Michelle Gonzalez :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom