Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

How do you get to decide what the community wants?? How does that work exactly? Is this place for YOU or is it for US?? Everyone does not have the same opinions as the creator.

How do you get to decide what the community wants?? How does that work exactly? Is this place for YOU or is it for US?? Everyone does not have the same opinions as the creator.
The community consists of thousands of individuals from all over the world. Different people want different things.

Our staff isn't separate from the community itself. All of our moderators and administrators started out as community members, and NikeTalk was founded by people who active participants in the sneaker message boards that preceded it. Our goal is to listen to our fellow members and try as best we can to reconcile their often conflicting desires while staying true to the core values and mission of the community.

If you look at the topics covered in the bug reports/feedback sections, you'll see that we've been working day and night to address as many concerns as we can. If there's a specific issue you'd like more information about, you're welcome to contact me via PM.

Agreed.. I think this thread is a testament to their efforts in trying to pleas everyone and clean up little bugs. HellaSteph HellaSteph has been doing a good job at this; I say keep giving your input/complaints about what was great but we cant expect everything to be "fixed." Hopefully, overtime, we will have the best of both worlds.. thanks to them and us for the feedback and updates.

With that said, I second Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer about the need for the image in a thread preview.. this saved a lot of time and clutter. For example, we did not have to search countless pages for recent/relevant images. This was also a great way to prevent folks from posting pics that were already posted ie: clutter.

Hoping this gets a fix.

So i did a search for air max 97 under search> search media because I'm trying to see all the images that have been posted on that thread thru one location or album. It finds a bunch of images from all different threads that i presume have the keyword air max 97 in the naming of the file or something.
None of them have a thumbnail in the search result but a black box and then when you click on it does it show the image.
The ones that do show from the air max 97 thread are not in order by most recent although i have that filter checked on.
On the old site when you click on an image it would open up in a new window where you could just click an arrow and scroll thru all the other images from that thread. It was so simple.

I'm on mobile running the latest ios 10.3.3 if that matters

Thanks so much for the details! I definitely appreciate the time you took to write to us. So the feature you were mentioning on Huddler was called the Lightbox feature. It shows up in a black gallery box where you can scroll to the next image without clicking back and forth on the thread. Unfortunately, the album by thread feature is specific to Huddler and could not be transferred over to here. I hope we'll be able to provide better features in the near future that will make your viewing image experience much better.

I'll check on iOS as per your instructions. Thanks!

Agreed.. I think this thread is a testament to their efforts in trying to pleas everyone and clean up little bugs. HellaSteph HellaSteph has been doing a good job at this; I say keep giving your input/complaints about what was great but we cant expect everything to be "fixed." Hopefully, overtime, we will have the best of both worlds.. thanks to them and us for the feedback and updates.

Aww, thank you! I wish I could've taken the cool features from Huddler and moved them over here like furniture. I'm sad to say that it's very difficult as many unique features that everyone enjoyed where exactly that: unique. Our first objective was to let the site move onto here with minimum disruption. Then we are planning to review what options we have to re-create as many asks as possible. Given that we don't have unlimited resources and funds, we have to pick wisely. I hope everyone reading my comment understands: we think of everyone on NT when we do our projects.

I deeply appreciate the kind comment and promise to continue to work hard for NT.

How can we edit out signature I do not see the option anymore? Also, can we change how many threads and posts are displayed per page?

Something else I just noticed.. I can't find this thread unless I go into the "Likes you've received" and find one of my comments from here then click on the Welcome to the New Niketalk title.. Was there a reason why this was removed from the home page.. IMO this is NECESSARY since this thread has so many answers for us trying to adjust to the new NT.

Also, I have no idea how to post pics/gifs. Someone please clue me in.. (if the answer is in this thread just say so.. Im about to go looking, otherwise.. help lol!)

Something else I just noticed.. I can't find this thread unless I go into the "Likes you've received" and find one of my comments from here then click on the Welcome to the New Niketalk title.. Was there a reason why this was removed from the home page.. IMO this is NECESSARY since this thread has so many answers for us trying to adjust to the new NT.

Also, I have no idea how to post pics/gifs. Someone please clue me in.. (if the answer is in this thread just say so.. Im about to go looking, otherwise.. help lol!)

imgupload.jpg

You are the man!

For anyone wondering, they are still working on being able to add multiple images at once instead of uploading then going back and uploading again and again.

HellaSteph HellaSteph I just changed my name and I would REALLY like for it to say "formerly j o 19" under my new name as I have built up my reputation under that alias for over 10 years. Hoping for a fix.. thanks in advance.

Edit: idk if it just took time to kick in but its working now.. thanks!

Last edited:
I have not seen this come up any where else but I noticed that at some point I checked my PMs/sent someone a PM and then my PM folder showed as if I had 100+ unread PMs (the move mustve marked all messages carried over as unread).

Here was the fix: Click the PM folder, click the box for the first PM, a small box will pop up and in the right corner of it will appear an option to check all, then click the drop down menu and click mark as read. This will mark all messages as read on that page and the number of unread messages will go down.

The downside is that it only does it for the PMs listed on that page.. thats why I said they'll "go down." I hope this helps anyone who experiences this.

We cant preview our posts before posting?

Edit: found it out

This site is nice for mobile but its complex when mobile goes desktop mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheres the button to find all the sub forums? I see marked read, search, new posts

Not like general, regional, other brands, showcase etc.

Wheres the button to find all the sub forums? I see marked read, search, new posts

Not like general, regional, other brands, showcase etc.
For now, you have to click on the "forums" link itself, not the items below it. That's unfortunately the way the platform works by default, but we're looking to improve it.

In the meantime, you can bookmark the direct link:
https://niketalk.com/forums/

There's also a forum directory shortcut:

Forum-Directory.png

For some reason all my PM's just became unread.
Is there any way to fix this without going to each one and opening it to mark it as "read".

I'm still receiving e-mail notifications from threads after I went to my preferences and disabled them

I'm a new member, is there a reason i can't post in general ? Do i have to wait ? Thanks.
https://niketalk.com/threads/you-ca...-youve-been-a-member-for-over-1-month.572049/

I'm still receiving e-mail notifications from threads after I went to my preferences and disabled them

The settings you adjusted determine whether you will receive email notifications for threads you create or reply to moving forward. They do not retroactively remove your existing subscriptions.

To adjust those, please refer to this guide: https://niketalk.com/threads/how-to...able-email-alerts-for-watched-threads.664343/

One bug i'm noticing on ios 10 mobile is that when i'm a few pages back on a thread and post a reply. My reply shows up at the bottom of the current page until I reload or go to another page. Then it shows up as the last response on the thread

I just want to be the first one on the new platform to say....

Irv gotti in the club gettin tipsy

Back
Top Bottom