Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

One bug i'm noticing on ios 10 mobile is that when i'm a few pages back on a thread and post a reply. My reply shows up at the bottom of the current page until I reload or go to another page. Then it shows up as the last response on the thread
That's not really a bug, it's just how the platform was designed. If 10 posts are added after you begin composing your reply, your reply will appear after all 10 of those posts for all other users. The only reason it adds it immediately to the bottom of the page after you submit is to give you immediate confirmation that your post was made. In that way, it helps reduce inadvertent double posts.

If the system reloaded the thread after you submitted a reply and took you straight to where that reply appears, it would change your "read" status, which might cause you to miss replies added between the time you began composing your reply and the time that reply was submitted.

Since this was an intentional design choice by the software developer, it's not considered a glitch or a defect.

Btw, we cant choose pic sizes now, small med, large,

And its 10/post and 4.9mb. Before it was 10mb

Btw, we cant choose pic sizes now, small med, large,

And its 10/post and 4.9mb. Before it was 10mb
After you upload a file, you can choose to insert it as a full image or a thumbnail.

The maximum file size for uploads in Huddler began as 1.5mb and was increased to 2.5. We're being much more generous. As a result, though, we can't let people post dozens of images per reply without potentially disastrous consequences for users accessing the site from their phones.

We have to balance the desire for high quality images with the desire for fast load times.

How do you post the :smh:NT emojii. Seen some peeps post it while others it just says :smh:
Like this:
:smh:

How do you post the :smh:NT emojii. Seen some peeps post it while others it just says :smh:
Like this:

The actual "code" (for lack of better term) for it was never smh, and NT emoticons don't use two sets of colons; so dudes were just off on all levels :lol:

It's : { without the space.

Like this:

The actual "code" (for lack of better term) for it was never smh, and NT emoticons don't use two sets of colons; so dudes were just off on all levels :lol:

It's : { without the space.

We can have multiple shortcuts for emoji on the new platform.
Code:
has now been configured to trigger the :smh: emoji.

Method, can we get a list of @mentions because ppl will change screenames

Last time when we typed @ there used to be a little list of usernames that would pop up if we typed a letter.

Gotta see manually now

Last time when we typed @ there used to be a little list of usernames that would pop up if we typed a letter.

Gotta see manually now

We still have that feature. You just need to type three letters now to start the suggestions, and the list will be refined as you continue to enter more.

mention-list.png

Oh snap, did the layout changed again?

I can't find "Watched Threads" link now under the FORUMS tab (I have in bookmarked though, thank god), but now all the forum sections show up underneath the FORUMS tab now.

I like that new change, but I kinda still wanna know what happened to the "Watched Threads" link that use to under that tab.

Edit: Nevermind, I found out shortly after I posted this that the HOME tab now has dropdown links and the "Watched Threads" link moved there :smile:

Today we installed a series of updates for the one month anniversary of the new site. We've been listening carefully to everyone's feedback, and the new changes address many of the top requests we've received.

First and foremost, we wanted to make navigation and content discovery easier than was possible using the default version of the platform. Many of us missed the ability to jump straight to any forum on the site without having to go back to the forum directory. Now, we not only have a forum directory on the front page, but you can find links to all the major forums in the navigation menu (the button with the three lines) and, for desktop users, under the "Forums" tab.

If you're looking for your watched threads and watched forums lists, those are still under the navigation menu. You just need to expand the "home" menu to reach them.

Home-Menu.png

Here's the full list of updates:

• The front page now includes a full forum directory, as well as a table showing the five newest posts, most liked threads, most active threads, and featured threads.
  • The navigation menu has been customized and now includes direct access to all the major forums.
  • The "forums" drop down in the navigation bar on desktop now includes a list of all the major forums as well, just like on the old site.
  • In the desktop layout, the top border of each post was changed from red to grey to satisfy user feedback.
  • On desktop, the default font has changed as well, also in response to user feedback.
  • On mobile, the "edit" button (pencil icon) now displays on the tool bar below your posts, without the need to go through a menu. To make this fit, the icons for "like" and "+ quote" have been adjusted to take up less space.
  • On mobile, the space between user avatars and post titles has been slightly reduced.
  • A glitch where login/register buttons failed to appear on smaller displays (>=320px) has been resolved.

Thank you all for your patience and feedback. We'll continue to improve the site to the best of our ability.

Oh snap, did the layout changed again?

I can't find "Watched Threads" link now under the FORUMS tab (I have in bookmarked though, thank god), but now all the forum sections show up underneath the FORUMS tab now.

I like that new change, but I kinda still wanna know what happened to the "Watched Threads" link that use to under that tab.
You can find "Watched Threads" under the "Home" tab in the navigation menu. You just have to expand it by tapping on the arrow.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a few of the threads I watch have had new posts, but I haven't been receiving Alerts from them. Is this a glitch?

Also, will we be given the option to customize the layout... such as threads and posts per page, as well as what we see on the main "Forum" page? Right now I see some giant images of "Featured Threads"... but for me, I have no interest in these Featured Threads.

Thanks for the updates!

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but a few of the threads I watch have had new posts, but I haven't been receiving Alerts from them. Is this a glitch?

Also, will we be given the option to customize the layout... such as threads and posts per page, as well as what we see on the main "Forum" page? Right now I see some giant images of "Featured Threads"... but for me, I have no interest in these Featured Threads.

Thanks for the updates!
If you want to skip straight to the forums without seeing featured content, the new navigation options allow you to jump to the major forums from anywhere. You don't need to go through the "forums" page anymore. Just use the forums drop down or the navigation menu.

The platform doesn't currently allow per-user options for threads/posts per page. Everyone has the same setting. We may increase the setting for everyone, but it's a balancing act.

For example: would you be okay with an extra ad unit appearing after, say, every 10 posts in exchange for having more posts per page?

How do i search for official threads? Everytime i search something like Supreme, or Adidas Boost, none of the official threads show up. I just see a bunch of small threads.

How do i search for official threads? Everytime i search something like Supreme, or Adidas Boost, none of the official threads show up. I just see a bunch of small threads.
If you go to the "advanced search" options, you can check the box to search thread titles only (so you aren't searching replies) and you can specify a minimum number of posts: https://niketalk.com/search/?type=post

Is there a shortcut to go to the last post after all unread posts have been read? Currently its land on page 1, then hit the last page #, then scroll down.

Is there a shortcut to go to the last post after all unread posts have been read? Currently its land on page 1, then hit the last page #, then scroll down.

Before this most recent update, you could've tapped the '___ minutes ago' in the bottom-right corner of a thread space, but that's been removed unless you're on desktop view.

I made a thread seeking to get it back and it's been seen so hopefully we'll get it back or get that whole 'take you back to post 1' thing changed as an alternative.

I saw the floppy disc. I just assumed it was only for saving. Its the universal save icon. The icon doesn't really scream delete to me. Maybe like a trash can or something. :lol:

Hi there Fresh Like Will Fresh Like Will , if you click on the floppy disk, you'll see that it does have a little trash can so you can discard/delete your draft:

00000294.png

Back
Top Bottom