Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

Was it me or did everyone get a "New Policy" page pop up where we had to agree to?

Was it me or did everyone get a "New Policy" page pop up where we had to agree to?

I got it too. Didn't read a lick. Hopefully I didn't approve NT to take a kidney from me.
You may have noticed that many of the sites you visit have been sending out updates to their privacy policies. That's not a coincidence: the GDPR goes into effect tomorrow.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/what-the-gdpr-means-for-facebook-the-eu-and-you/

Among the changes websites must make if they wish to be compliant with the GDPR, sites must require all users to opt in to their policy rather than imply acceptance through means like "by your continued use of this site or service, you agree that..."

The terms themselves haven't been changed much, it's just that we need everyone to manually accept those terms in accordance with the new EU law.

There's a discussion about this here: https://niketalk.com/threads/nts-privacy-policy-discussion-thread.672732/

You'll find more information there, if interested, and we'll be answering any questions about our policies as well.

Methodical Management Methodical Management , I created some new threads in General, and I wanted to add some tags for them, but when I try to do so I keep getting a message saying I'm unable to.

Got hit with a pretty intrusive pop up/redirecting ad a few mins ago. iOS/Chrome.

Came from this thread/page:
https://niketalk.com/threads/ninten...n-smash-history.507041/page-856#post-30194358

URL that I was redirected to:
https://d2bqvm6ajgzddu.cloudfront.n...{UNIVERSAL_SITE_ID}&KKJRc3mG=148065576834367#

99C51D9A-638B-434B-B7C4-82A8BF450E8F.png

Is there any way to change the post count in threads to 20 instead of 25?
Unfortunately, when it comes to the number of posts per page, our current forum software only allows us to offer one setting for all users. While the previous software platform permitted each of us to adjust the number of posts we could view on each page, it made things confusing when people would link to a specific page of a thread, rather than a specific post, and the wide variation in posts per page could cause layout issues.

If we were to make a change now, it would affect ALL users, and most of the users I've heard from regarding this issue have expressed a preference for 25 posts per page instead of 20.

Methodical Management Methodical Management Can we please get an option to hide user avatars?
That's a great idea for a feature. Why, specifically, are you interested in doing so? For loading reasons or due to inappropriate user avatars? In the case of the latter, we encourage everyone to report inappropriate avatars to the staff for removal. Alternatively, you can use the "block" feature to hide all posts from specific users, which would have the effect of hiding their avatars as well.

We're looking at the possibility of adding one or more alternative themes for the site, so that, for example, users who dislike the high contrast of our classic black/white/red color scheme could have an alternative. Perhaps we can create a theme option that would hide user avatars as well.

Methodical Management Methodical Management , I created some new threads in General, and I wanted to add some tags for them, but when I try to do so I keep getting a message saying I'm unable to.
I don't believe we're allowing users to add tags to posts on the current site. When the tag feature was first enabled on Yuku, the most common use was to create a mess of secondary punchlines and in-jokes with the search tags, and the result was less organization rather than more.

Limiting users to the application of standardized search tags, like brand names, sizes (for buy/sell), sports leagues for sports & training, and various topic categories (current events, movies, tv, video games, fools wilding etc.) might be a good compromise.

I get this all the time too. I find myself disabling emails two to three times a week. Basically every time I post on a new thread. Can I have it permanently disabled as well?
Given that you're only encountering this problem after posting in a new thread, it's possible that you have this box checked:
subscriptions.jpg

You can find this options below your post preview.

Done.

I've reported this issue to the team. Hopefully they'll be able to track it down and block it soon, if they haven't done so already.

For future reference, it's best to report any ad issues in our bug reports section: https://niketalk.com/forums/bug-reports.7410/

sorry if this has already been asked, but on the other site or whatever you call it, in the top right-hand side of the thread page there was a little section where i could scroll though the recent pics of the thread. i even remember something called gallery i believe to look through all the pics. i don't see this option on this site. does it exist?

an example of when i would use this is on a thread like "post your car" for example where i don't care about the car talk, just liked scrolling through pics of what cars people bought. same with the jersey threads.

thanks.

stephy

when are u guys gonna bring the thread gallery back?

stephy

I'm not "Stephy" :lol:, but from what I remember the issue is that they'd have to hire people to build a whole new one for this platform as opposed to just bringing the old one back (which was built in to that platform.)

Meth wasn't opposed to having one get built, but this new platform is (was? Update Methodical Management Methodical Management ?) due for a big update so he wasn't sure if that update either might add a gallery or be incompatible with any gallery they have built for the current version.

stephy

A94770C9-8881-4598-AEE9-8B0EC3AC2FF2.gif

Is there any way to remove my avatar on threads I have posted in?
From within the thread or in the forum view?

That’s part of our CCPA/GDPR compliance module. You use it to adjust your privacy settings, as required by the new California Consumer Privacy Act.

Is there a way to get rid of the lock button? I just spent 10 minutes turning everything off, but would like to get rid of the buttons as it overlaps the up down arrows.

hi there new member here, are there certain threads that a new member can't post on? im trying to post in the lounge section under the jewelry thread and there is no box to type... it says insufficient privileges at the bottom. What are the requirements to unlock?

Back
Top Bottom