Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

I like the new layout. Seems to have mobile in mind first.

My only feedback would be the report button. That is way too prevalent, almost makes me want to report every post. lol I personally thin it should be shifted to the right while all the other icons shift to the left. (or keep it all to the right and have the report icon to be the furthest right)

Other than that, site looks dope.

We're so glad you noticed! We designed every aspect to be completely mobile tailored. Nowadays, everyone is on the go and seldom do you bust out your laptop to go on a website. Many of our friends here on NT have awesome phones that can access the site just fine. We wanted to make sure NT can go with you wherever you may be!

The Report button is visible and obvious so that we can quickly address any problematic posts. Although it maybe prevalent, it serves a purpose. We hope you give it a try and if you still feel the same way later, let us know. We're always open to improving the experience for everyone's comfort.

Thank you again and enjoy the new NT!

I'm having trouble adding my IG link in my Signature. When I preview it, the link works, but when I save it, the link disappears.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having trouble adding my IG link in my Signature. When I preview it, the link works, but when I save it, the link disappears.

For moderation purposes, we do not allow URLs of any kind in the signature area. Thanks!

We're so glad you noticed! We designed every aspect to be completely mobile tailored. Nowadays, everyone is on the go and seldom do you bust out your laptop to go on a website. Many of our friends here on NT have awesome phones that can access the site just fine. We wanted to make sure NT can go with you wherever you may be!

The Report button is visible and obvious so that we can quickly address any problematic posts. Although it maybe prevalent, it serves a purpose. We hope you give it a try and if you still feel the same way later, let us know. We're always open to improving the experience for everyone's comfort.

Thank you again and enjoy the new NT!

Awesome! Love the quick response. One other thing I noticed was that when posting, the far right button says "more options" so when I click on it, the first two options are basically the same (but written in a different way "Post reply" = "Reply to this thread") and the "more options button" basically turns into a the preview button. Wouldn't it be easier to just replace the "more options" button to the preview? Or am I missing something.

One other thing that I like are the notifications on top, it's much more clear now when I have mail and when people reply. Keep up the great work.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. You can find your unread watched threads here: https://niketalk.com/watched/threads. Alternatively, you can go to your watched forums to check any unread messages here: https://niketalk.com/watched/forums. Here's where you can find it on the navigation bar: https://screencast.com/t/AgfGFxCdCGwm - It's available on both desktop and mobile so you'll always know how to see your Subscribed threads/forums!

I sincerely thank you for your kind remark. We have worked on this move for over 7 months so I hope you enjoy the new NT (and allow us to continue to improve it from here on out!)

I think I jumped the gun on the "unread" posts thing. It seems that by clicking on the watched thread, it automatically brings you to your last read post!

Yeah, so the lack of a pic gallery is my only real concern as of now.

Will the "new posts" auto update tab eventually be here again or do we have to manually refresh from now on?

The New Post Notifier on Huddler was nifty, right? There are a few things on this new platform that may help you: new posts prompt a "toastie" popup on the bottom left corner of your screen + you will get a small prompt above the quick reply area on the bottom of every thread.

not sure if i just can’t find it, but is there a way to @ people like before?

I do like how the mobile and desktop layout are so similar, makes it easier to get used to the layout since you will essentially be looking at the same layout whether you are on desktop or mobile. Also really like how mobile gets all the options desktop does in terms of commenting layout. And glad to here the old emotes are coming back since they really were great.

Only criticism I have is that the "x new post" feature is now gone from desktop, was really useful to just pop in between pages quickly to see if new posts had been added or not. Understand if you can't add that though due to it being a feature of the old forum and might not be in this new system.

Overall looks great though!

The New Post Notifier on Huddler was nifty, right? There are a few things on this new platform that may help you: new posts prompt a "toastie" popup on the bottom left corner of your screen + you will get a small prompt above the quick reply area on the bottom of every thread.

Very nifty indeed.

I saw the toastie popup once... but it hasn't been doing so ever since. I refreshed and saw 3 new posts.

Huge fan of the new changes, I enjoyed them in the beta test as well. 90% of my posts are done on mobile and this is a very nice improvement in the mobile site

wassup with da forum analytics/statistics page?

you used to be able to see what were da most popular threads by day/week/all time.

i can find da post replies ranking by NT members and da new "swag list" like rankings, (its cool) but where are da thread stats?

Mobile is easy just type @ and the user name will automaticly populate peoples names with the avi pretty dope.
Screenshot_2017-07-16-14-19-50.png

One other thing I noticed was that when posting, the far right button says "more options" so when I click on it, the first two options are basically the same (but written in a different way "Post reply" = "Reply to this thread") and the "more options button" basically turns into a the preview button. Wouldn't it be easier to just replace the "more options" button to the preview? Or am I missing something.

Unfortunately, that's how the platform was built. Obviously, we would prefer to have an easier way to preview a post. The core platform was built that way so there was nothing we could do to change it before the new NT launched.

Only criticism I have is that the "x new post" feature is now gone from desktop, was really useful to just pop in between pages quickly to see if new posts had been added or not. Understand if you can't add that though due to it being a feature of the old forum and might not be in this new system.

Sadly, we cannot add it because it was built in the old platform. This new one, doesn't have it pre-built in. We are looking to explore enhancements so definitely stay tuned!

wassup with da forum analytics/statistics page?

you used to be able to see what were da most popular threads by day/week/all time.

i can find da post replies ranking by NT members and da new "swag list" like rankings, (its cool) but where are da thread stats?

Hi there, that's a good observation. We haven't gotten that far yet but hopefully we'll be able to rebuild or have some enhancements that resemble the old platform. Since we did not own the old platform, there was no way we could've transferred or reuse the feature. Thank you for understanding!

Sadly, we cannot add it because it was built in the old platform. This new one, doesn't have it pre-built in. We are looking to explore enhancements so definitely stay tuned!
I figured that was the case and as I said everything else looks great and the feature improvements to the mobile version of the site are very welcomed. Great job guys!

Back
Top Bottom