Welcome to the new NikeTalk!

Have you guys experiencing those issues tried to see it if happened with another browser?

Still getting used to the new NT since I’m not on like I used to be. But is there a way to post a pic directly into your post without it being in the “upload file” little box at the bottom of your post? Only on desktop? Or is there a way on mobile too?

NIKETALK was down for an hour today

Approx 5:39 to 6:40 pm est

NIKETALK was down for an hour today

Approx 5:39 to 6:40 pm est

Hi there, thanks for the report. Unfortunately, this was an outage that was not preventable as we were not the only site that was impacted. It seemed as there was a major outage at one of our facilities and we were immediately responsive to the down time. Thanks for letting us know, and we'll keep an eye out for any further issues.

Is anyone else h aving the resizing issue on their phone (specifically iPhone X)? Some embedded Instagram posts on mobile are blown up and don't scale to fit screen. Screenshot below.

IMG_0192.png

Is anyone else h aving the resizing issue on their phone (specifically iPhone X)? Some embedded Instagram posts on mobile are blown up and don't scale to fit screen. Screenshot below.

IMG_0192.png

Hi there, good catch. We'll work on this. I believe the iPhone X optimizations are still rolling out for this software platform so we may need to make some re-sizing adjustments so they don't overflow off your screen.

I'm having issues with embedded twitter videos not playing.

I keep getting "The media could not be played" message, but when I open the video in a separate window it plays fine.

I'm having issues with embedded twitter videos not playing.

I keep getting "The media could not be played" message, but when I open the video in a separate window it plays fine.

That is not only on NT. It has happened for me on other sites too.

Hi, how do you create a new poll on a thread that already had a poll (that closed last month)?

I may be blind, but I can't find that option anywhere.

Hi, how do you create a new poll on a thread that already had a poll (that closed last month)?

I may be blind, but I can't find that option anywhere.
For some strange reason, the current platform doesn't have that option.

Typically, forum threads have a specific, limited topic, requiring only one poll. The notion of a megathread with ever-evolving day to day subjects requiring multiple polls likely isn't a use case the developers considered.

I'm hopeful that such an option can be incorporated in the future, either by the platform developers or through our own custom development. In the meantime, a staff member can manually delete polls from threads upon request.

For some strange reason, the current platform doesn't have that option.

Typically, forum threads have a specific, limited topic, requiring only one poll. The notion of a megathread with ever-evolving day to day subjects requiring multiple polls likely isn't a use case the developers considered.

I'm hopeful that such an option can be incorporated in the future, either by the platform developers or through our own custom development. In the meantime, a staff member can manually delete polls from threads upon request.

That is strange as I would assume is a common feature that is often used. Thank being said, thank you for your response. Would it be possible to delete the poll in this thread? Or is there a process to submit the request?

How do I search in a thread?
On desktop, you'll see a magnifying lens icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen. There's a checkbox within the search options to search the current thread:

searchthread.jpg

twitter links not working for anyone else?
They work for me, but bear in mind that they're typically the last elements of a page to load in, since they're loaded from twitter and not NikeTalk. If your mobile connection is slow, it may take a few seconds for the content to display.

How many posts do I need until I don’t need a moderator to approve my post? I’ve lurked for awhile, but would like to start communicating in real time.
Thank you.

On mobile, when clicking a link to a watched thread and expecting to be directed to the 1st unread post of that thread I'm instead directed to the bottom of the page (reply field) that 1st unread post is on.
Samsung S8
Chrome V. 65.0.3325.109

How many posts do I need until I don’t need a moderator to approve my post? I’ve lurked for awhile, but would like to start communicating in real time.
Thank you.
You should be able to add posts in real time now.

On mobile, when clicking a link to a watched thread and expecting to be directed to the 1st unread post of that thread I'm instead directed to the bottom of the page (reply field) that 1st unread post is on.
Samsung S8
Chrome V. 65.0.3325.109
I was unable to replicate this issue on mobile. I'd suggest creating a separate thread to report it in the Bug Reports area so the team can take a look: https://niketalk.com/forums/bug-reports.7410/

In the meantime, if you haven't already, try clearing your cache and cookies.

Back
Top Bottom