Were you sad when you graduated college?

I just took my last exam of university today and am feeling kind of down. All my life I've been in school and I dont really know any other lifestyle. It sucks cause in school you dont have any major responsibilities, friends are always down to chill, fly girls always on campus etc. With work though, you wake up and its the same thing every damn day. Who knows what im talking about?

Depends on what you do, work can be the next high school/college experience. It's not that bad unless you are either a) not doing what you like to do or b) not getting paid. One of the two outweighs the other. I started my professional career at like 28 years old. At first it was nothing but happy hours, going out eating and just inter office romances. They don't happen like this all the time but that is where the money thing kicks in. Just start buying things to make you happy or girls will be attracted to your financial game.

I know what you mean. It's bittersweet. Long gone are the days of messing around and studying all night prior to the actual exam. Some friends move to different areas for new jobs or grad schools.

But as you start your career, it's pretty cool. You meet new people and you learn stuff since school didn't prep you up for real life situations. It's awesome, man. You're still young with money and no longer a starving student.

I only felt this way for my undergrad. For my grad degrees, didn't care too much.

I feel you on that. But it just seems that there's never gonna be a time where you are in an environment where your always meeting new people and stuff. Ive been in university for five years so I just really got use to it and kind of took it for granted while it lasted

Nal it was cool up until i couldnt find a job

now currently back in college pursuing another degree

It's natural. Lasts about a year. You'll hit that point where you flip the switch and be happy you're out of it.

Just reading the thread title alone, I was about to tell you "Hell no. I was happy as hell getting out and not dealing with exams and papers anymore."

But reading what you said, I understand where you're coming from.

Balancing work life and fun is way easier then when you are in school. Most jobs you can just shut everything off when the clock hits 5pm where as school, you'd have to go study or what not. You can plan a lot of things around work, which is half of the reasons why you go to work anyways. Time to benefit off that degree, get a good job and go travel or whatever. It's really not that bad at all.

It's natural. Lasts about a year. You'll hit that point where you flip the switch and be happy you're out of it.

This. I was excited to walk but once it happened, it hit me that **** was about to get real. I entertained going back, but after awhile the thought of more school appalled me.

I did manage to party at my alma mater every weekend for about 2 years after I graduated though. It was only 45 mins away and I had good friends that were from there, so I kept one foot in the fun part of the college scene. Felt good to blow off steam there after being a professional all week.

More bittersweet than anything. Didn't really hit me until I was driving on the highway and saw my dorm from freshman year and the Carrier Dome in the rearview mirror. Boy did the tears fall.

I feel you on that. But it just seems that there's never gonna be a time where you are in an environment where your always meeting new people and stuff. Ive been in university for five years so I just really got use to it and kind of took it for granted while it lasted
Different stage in life, bro. :pimp: picking up Chicano studies because of the chicks even though I learned nothing in the class.

For me it's been rough being the only dude in a grad program with 24 girls. At times it was good but all in all i'm gonna miss that student life even though i'm not the type that takes well to school.

I just want my degree and to be placed in a city I'd like to live in.

after college I got a real job, masters degree, wife, house, and kid... which was amazing

BUT

not a day goes where I don't miss sitting on the couch playing madden with my roomates, playing hoops at the rec, pre partying, drinking all night, bringing home a nice catch, then wake up the next day and talk to the roomates about it while playing madden :frown:

I was a little depressed the summer after I graduated (last year) but once I found my career and am making 93k, I don't miss it.

I remember being dead broke having 5$ to last me the weekend.

I loved college. I was sad. The realization that you have to actually grow up and go into the real word... :smh: . I had a great part time job this past year. Only way it could've been better is if it were full time. Now I am on my way to grad school this fall on the east coast (I'm coming from the west coast). I know it won't be the same, but it's something new.

I worked fulltime during college and am spending a ton of time at home with my family and girlfriend before basic in the spring.

I wasn't depressed at the fact that school was over, but more at the fact that I had to resign from the final steps of my dream job due to medical reasons. That stung alot and still does hurt from time to time.

I was ready to get out and now I wish I was back there

life is cake when you are a college student compared to the "real world"

Back
Top Bottom