Wet iPod vol I sun goofed! HALP!

I got a nano for Xmas and been using it as a watch, forgot I had it on and jumped in the shower, was in there for about 30 seconds before I realized it, the wristband covers the nano completely with the exception of the screen, but I'm sure water still got in it, the touchscreen doesn't work but still on and you can see like a strip of water inside, I dipped it in rice now, what are the chances that will work, also being that I just got it, what are the chances apple might feel bad and replace it
frown.gif
FEELSBATMAN.

you might not want to hear it. . . .  but you might have to take the L.
sadly i have goofed the same as you before
30t6p3b.gif

I accidentally washed and dryed my ipod nano 4th gen in the laundry.

It only works now when its plugged into a power source so I just use it in my car.

Better than nothing.

I'm in denial bros, I can't accept it, I was only in there for 30 seconds before I did a summersault out the shower butt $%! naked...

I'm beyond sad, I was totally in love with my iPod, does the rice trick work at all?

There's a chance that it could work, just make sure that it is completely dry before you try to power it on again

Just try the rice, My mom dropped her IPhone in A bucket of water and the rice worked she left it in there a full day btw

just let it dry out bro my itouch was in the rain for 20 minutes i just turned it off and let it air dry

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

just dont moon goof and you'll be ok

laugh.gif
I caught it right after I made the post, unfortunately after what just happened I had no more dambs to give

Track down a first gen Nano and get Apple to replace it since the first gens were recalled... they've been sending people the new Nanos as a replacement.

if you can get rid of that "strip of water" from being visible and bring it to apple like it just stopped working, they will replace it. worked for me.

I was hoping I showed up with a sob story and they might feel bad and replace it.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Put it in a ziplock bag full of rice.

I tried the rice idea when I dropped my iPhone in the toilet. Working perfectly!

Naw, honestly, I put the blow dryer on low and let it dry out. The speakers weren't working at first. After the blow dry they were as loud as before.

Back
Top Bottom