Wet iPod vol I sun goofed! HALP!

My 1st gen fell in a cup of tea before and I dried it up, turned it off, threw it in a ziplock bag, poked holes in it, then in a container of rice.

Worked fine after 24 hours.

all apple products or personal electronics for that matter should have a little wipe indicator inside these days that turns pink or red once it gets wet. the second they see this they know it was a user caused problem, so you might be out of luck at this point. hopefully the rice drys it up for you and it starts working again.

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

I accidentally washed and dryed my ipod nano 4th gen in the laundry.

It only works now when its plugged into a power source so I just use it in my car.

Better than nothing.

Stop working completely
frown.gif

The rice is there to soak up any moisture in the Nano.  If you want to be totally sure you did everything you can, I'd keep it in the rice bag and not even think about turning it on for 4-5 days.  You should not turn it on if you still see any signs of moisture behind the screen or anywhere else on the ipod.  Just like when you drop a phone in the water, the initial short often does not damage the components- its only when you try to repower the device while leads are shorted via water that the permanent harm is done.

Most if not all electronics manufacturers do not honor water damage and applecare is no different. They'll just look at the red sticker
HT3302_3.jpg
and give you the
mgid:uma:artist:mtv.com:400206
face

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

laugh.gif

Real life....I know you hate me, but I didn't laugh at you when you were down a month ago
ohwell.gif
real life...
first of all... i wouldn't have cared....

second of all... you're comparing me laughing at your wet ipod and me having cancer...

since your nano is done let me get your ipod nano watch strap... you wont be needing it
laugh.gif

i turned it on, still works, but there is a smudge on the inside of the screen, is that reversible??....should i leave it in the rice longer???

i heard putting a vacuum against electronic devices with water damage works

youtube it

put it in a sealed bag with uncooked rice. let it sit for 24 hours. No joke it works. worked for my phone that went in the toilet

Back
Top Bottom