We've got jetpacks, people!

.....for $90K a pop

Near the top of the list of "unfulfilled science fiction concepts," you'll find the jetpack, a staple of future transportation that somehow hasn't arrived yet. (Well, we did get the Segway.)
Nonetheless, Martin Aircraft Company wants to change that with the Martin Jetpack, a $90,000 carbon fiber model that can generate 600 pounds of thrust. Wired reports that the jetpack is self-righting; you can let go of the controls and just hover.

The Martin Jetpack runs on gasoline, and burns through its five-gallon tank in about half an hour. It's classified as an ultralight aircraft, so you don't need a pilot's license, although the company enforces its own training program.

Anyone who wants one faces a 12-month wait; to get on the list, you'll need to put 10 percent down ($9,000).
So...who wants to go halfsies?
ohwell.gif

I know I have bad spendin' habits....but damn that's cheaper than I thought one would cost. If I had $90K to just throw around, I would definitely cop one. I'd wait the year no doubt, but I'd be pissed if I killed myself on it................then again, I wouldn't really mind.

It looks like its being help up by something. Ill believe it works when I see it. With that said, if I had a jetpack you wouldnt be able to tell me nothin.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

It looks like its being help up by something. Ill believe it works when I see it. With that said, if I had a jetpack you wouldnt be able to tell me nothin.

Did you watch the video?

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Did you watch the video?
Didnt see a video. And im @ work right now so I wouldnt have been able to watch it anyways. I was just going on the little things hanging at the bottom. Looks like something that holds movie cameras up during shooting.

Back
Top Bottom