What’s the Deal with Antisemitism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why people are racist, hate illegal immigrants, are afraid of Muslims, but what’s the deal with the hate toward Jewish people? Feel like they’ve been hated forever and I can’t figure out why.

SpongeBobChair.png

You actually understand why people are racist?

What people are these?
Afraid of superiority, anger toward slave labor being abolished, fear of those who are different. Bruh it ain’t hard to figure out why a white person would be racist.

Judaism is one of the belief systems, along with Islam in the Abrahamic faiths, that has not completely given over their entire identity to Jesus.

Some Christians and Catholics have a huge problem with that.

Among Europeans, it's been historical that they discriminated againsts Jewish folks for hundreds of years.

Why ? I can think of things like religious hate. According to the Bible, Jewish folks are God's chosen people. That did not sit well with Europeans. By horn effect, the hate towards Jewish folks just got placed on them under different categories

e.g.
-wealthy jewish communities get hate because of their wealth
-poorer jewish communities get hate because of not being with the times
-israel palestine conflict. The muslim world is against israel. The biggest muslim country in the world does not allow israelis in their country.

Overall, white people historicallt seem to like to pick on their Jewish brethens. Unless you're muslim, you dont see strong hate from non-white communities towards Jewish folks.

People love to hate things that are not like them. Christians and muslims hate each other, for example. Hell, even Americans hate americans for political beliefs, as another example.

Also, some people believe that Jewish people run the world behind the scenes and oppress Arabs Muslims etc. That they control the money, media etc. That might be the case, or it could not be, and it's just envy/jealousy due to another group working harder and/or getting ahead in life. Arabs and Muslims will say it is absolutely the former. Jews will say it's the latter.

ELE - Jackie Moon. Good luck with that.

Different beliefs is all you need and conflict arises. A lot of arabs and muslims absolutely believe that Jews run the world and some of them will stop at nothing to kill those who they feel are holding them back or oppressing them.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. -Eph 6:12
So I take it that you’re a Christian w/ this response. Do you have that same distrust for Muslims, and being that this country ran by White Christian men wouldn’t this scripture more so apply to them?

I know of more atrocities in the name of Christianity than Judaism.

found a rough draft of my paper lmao. here's the intro... i compared arguments with different historians perspectives regaridng Jewish treatment by christians in Europe so it wasnt really a dissertation with my own argument/views

In the Middle Ages, Jewish people living under Christian rule in Europe faced
persecution and violence. Historians have explored this topic in order to understand what the
motives were behind Jewish persecution. In addition, historians have explored how the
persecutions has affected the Jewish population and how it has affected Christian-Jewish
relationship. Historians disagree to the extent and reasoning behind the persecution against the
Jews during the Middle Ages. For example, in the book, Living Together, Living Part, Jonathan
Elukin approached this topic by analyzing localized narrative primary sources from England,
France, and Germany in order to argue that there were positive Christian-Jewish relationships
during the Middle Age that allowed the Jewish people to survive in Europe. David Nirenburg,
however, analyzes multiple sources including topics, analytical categories, and theoretical
positions in order to argue against the longue duree analysis that states that Jews were persecuted
solely because of religious reasons. Nirenburg analyzed individual events where Jews were
persecuted in order to explain what motives caused that particular persecution. While Elukin and
Nirenburg argue two separate subtopics regarding Jewish-Christian relations, R.I. Moore
challenges Elukin’s thesis by stating that the Middle Ages did in fact grew into persecuting
society against Jews, lepers, and heretics. Moore analyzed primary sources including narratives,
legal and religious texts, and events in order to support his argument that a cultural, religious,
and political evolution grew into a persecuting society during the Middle Ages. Moore focuses
primarily on Western Europe with states including France and Italy. Elukin, Nirenburg, and
Moore have all contributed to the topic of Jewish-Christian relations. Nonetheless, it is relevant
to analyze the historiography of their work and how they came to support their argument in order
to understand their thesis in the historiography of Jewish-Christian relations.

edit*

read over this and i have no idea what tf i wrote :rofl:

So I take it that you’re a Christian w/ this response. Do you have that same distrust for Muslims, and being that this country ran by White Christian men wouldn’t this scripture more so apply to them?

I know of more atrocities in the name of Christianity than Judaism.

Never seen so many assumptions in one post.
Muslims quote the Bible too, if you ain't know.
How you figure I distrust anyone?
I don't even think you understand why I posted the verse I did. Slow down.

Never seen so many assumptions in one post.
Muslims quote the Bible too, if you ain't know.
How you figure I distrust anyone?
I don't even think you understand why I posted the verse I did. Slow down.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

This scripture is a stereotypical antisemitic portrayal of Jewish people that validates ppl’s distrust for them. And yes i am aware of the similarities of Koran and Bible. So why did u quote that scripture w/o an explanation?

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

This scripture is a stereotypical antisemitic portrayal of Jewish people that validates ppl’s distrust for them. And yes i am aware of the similarities of Koran and Bible. So why did u quote that scripture w/o an explanation?
Lol
On a basic level (in and out of context from the chapter) this verse just says everything stems from a spiritual root.

On another level, as it pertains this subject, it answers op's question in general terms.

I didn't bother explaining it in detail because I don't mind people not understanding. At this point, I'm just speaking to those that do. If I feel the need to engage further, I will ( sort of like I'm doing now).

calling someone a racial slur or telling them to go back to their country is actually a civil rights violation, and is punishable at the federal level

I understand why people are racist, hate illegal immigrants, are afraid of Muslims, but what’s the deal with the hate toward Jewish people? Feel like they’ve been hated forever and I can’t figure out why.

honestly there is no reason to hate any of those people either. Honestly OP your question comes off as you being ignorant in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom