What’s your work commute?

63 miles one way, either driving on the LIE or taking the Long Island Rail Road.

Drive with they Mrs. 2 days a week but after 2pm, the commute can be 2 hrs. Mornings arent bad, got the podcast going or sleeping if I'm riding the train. Soon the East Side Access will open up by Grand Central, so that should cut train commute time down.

Roll out of bed and turn my laptop on and I’m at work :lol:

Sometimes I’m in the office, about 35 mins from me.

6 min .9 mile car ride from my house to the parking lot. Usually 10 mins flat between me locking my house door and sitting down at my desk.

Can’t beat it, but I really want to move, I’d rather be 5 mins from my daughters school than to work.

Car commute is 5 mins each way.

Daughters school is the adventure right now, but as soon as she is at my son's, we can walk (10mins) or drive (2-5 mins).

We moved in part for this benefit relative to where we used to live. Taking 20-30 mins just to get to the freeway was not the jam.

There’s a lot of enclaves in my city where it does take 10-15+ mins just to get on the nearest expressway. I couldn’t do it, even for a nice house or neighborhood. I absolutely detest driving already.

I wish I was in a walkable east coast city and I would try my hardest to never drive.

Back
Top Bottom