What 1st time homebuyer incentives are out there?

Has anybody on NT bought a home in the last 5 yrs or so? If so, what incentives were made available to you? I'm in the market, in fact semi committed to a new construction last week at 155k, but I told the realtor I wanted my parents to see it and get their blessing. They changed their tune now though and are cockblocking the idea and trying to tell me I don't make enough money or that I won't want to stay here for 30yrs and might not be able to sell it. They're just looking out, and in my life their advice has come up right well more often than wrong, but they're being hella pessimistic right now so screw it.

Back on topic though, what first time buyers loans or grants did you get? All that I have been made aware of is a bond program that gives me 3.5% for my down payment and I get 90 days before I make my first payment. I know there has to be more out there though. Someone had mentioned to me an 8-15k first time grant but I can't find any evidence of such.

Somebody help me out? By the way NT, don't worry, I know what time it is when you ask for something on here. Thanks ahead of time
Pro-Anorexia-03.jpg

that's what kats in here are into. I know from experience. Also, what rate did you get and what was your credit score if you know? i was told by First Mortgage who also already sent me a prequal letter I can get 5%

Back
Top Bottom