what are sample pairs? do they value anything in the future?

anybody got any sample pair of any exclusive JB kicks? what are sample pairs?? are they fake or legit? thanks NTers

sample pairs are samples. like when a car is first a concept then goes into production. google the meaning of "sample" and it should answer your questions.

but yes, they are worth money because there's only very very limited amounts since it was meant to show off a new design/colorway, etc. if a sample gets the approval, then it goes into production with some minor or sometimes major changes. or no changes at all.

Yeah they're real.

It's basically a blueprint of the shoe before it is mass produced.

But some altercations can be made.

There are different types of samples and they usually occur in this order :

look-see sample - the first three-dimensional rendering of a shoe, used to monitor factory production (usully not wearable.)

weartest sample - prototypes distributed to athletes who compete in them and record performance, used by designers and devlopers to make improvements before release.

sales sample - version shown to vendors, sometimes they differ slightly cosmetically from released shoes.

Their market value depends on how desirable the shoe is and how different they are from the final production version. 

Here are two from my collection that are very rare because they were never released.  (Air Jordan XIV Low red/whi/mus and Air Flightposite II KG (gold carbon).

^He speaks the truth. (also, sell me your XIV low Samples when you need to move them...I know I'm shameless)

-Jermaine

Originally Posted by Phase2x

^He speaks the truth. (also, sell me your XIV low Samples when you need to move them...I know I'm shameless)

-Jermaine

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

CWK - good lookin on the in depth explanation.

i will do so my friend when i get a hold of a real camera coz as of now all i have  is the g1. lol buh stay tuned for some kos nters.

Originally Posted by bAMAZING

Yeah they're real.

altercations are fun to make
wink.gif

Originally Posted by vipersupra

size 9 is in my closet. thats why i asked. thanks fellas

you must show.....pics or it didnt happen.....j/k but seriously post them pics bro & how much did those run you?????

Lol I'm really tryin.. its jus I can't find a damn camera dat has flash. All I got is my phone.. as of now I gots 2 pairs or each color way. =)

Yeah they're real.

Of all things in this thread, this is what I immediately noticed.

This is the first time I saw someone on NT properly spell this word and not use "there" or "their"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Joerdan23 or who can answer my question,

The Jordan XX2 prototype, how much can they fetch? Will anyone be able to tell me? Thanks

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

Yeah they're real.

Of all things in this thread, this is what I immediately noticed.

This is the first time I saw someone on NT properly spell this word and not use "there" or "their"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
It's because we're all from the General Forum. 
pimp.gif

But yeah, sample pairs are real.  You can easily cop on eBay, along with PE's.  However, there's fakes of everything so watch out for that too.

^basically it all depends on the buyer...its hard to sell a sample no one wants so you don't know where to set the price.
But if its a popular sig, i'd list it higher, but since it's a XX2 i'd say $250-$350 is reasonable?

Back
Top Bottom