What are some good documentaries to watch?

5180JW78RPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

man_on_wire_ver2.jpg

Man on wire is dope, Check out Micky Mantel thats a good one dude was the definition of a "Prince of the city"

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
watch the whole thing on youtube i felt so sorry for the guy i felt like crying so sad
you guys should wacth this trust me

Originally Posted by MikeU

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
watch the whole thing on youtube i felt so sorry for the guy i felt like crying so sad
frown.gif
just watched the whole thing right now...
the world is a scary place.

Maxed_out.jpg

illuminating documentary about credit. its on netflix instant.

about a religious camp. absolutely terrifying.

Tabloid-Movie1.jpg

this is actually still in theatres and pretty cool.

This%2BFilm%2BIs%2BNot%2BYet%2BRated%2B%25282006%2529.jpg

about the MPAA and how the movies are rated, very awesome. 

Originally Posted by cruzair13

Originally Posted by MikeU

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
just watched the whole thing right now...
the world is a scary place.
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

that is soo messed up...omg screw that

I really liked Waiting for Superman. I just saw some info on a new Doc called Being Elmo.

SlashFilm says, "BEING ELMO chronicles the life story of puppeteer Kevin Clash – the multiple award-winning persona behind the furry red monster Elmo of television’s Sesame Street. As a teenager growing up in Baltimore in the 1970s, Kevin had very different aspirations from his classmates—he wanted to be a puppeteer. More specifically, he wanted to be part of Jim Henson’s team, the creative force responsible for delivering the magic of Sesame Street on a daily basis. With a supportive family behind him, Kevin made his dreams come true.
Combining amazing archival footage with material from the present day, filmmaker Constance Marks explores Kevin’s story in vivid detail and chronicles the meteoric rise of Jim Henson in the process. Narrated by Whoopi Goldberg and including interviews with Frank Oz, Rosie O’Donnell, Cheryl Henson, Joan Ganz ****ey and others, this insightful and personal documentary offers up a rare, behind-the-scenes look at Sesame Street and the Jim Henson legacy".

I read that a lot of people teared up watching this at Sundance & Cannes.

http://www.slashfilm.com/sundance-hit-elmo-hit-theaters-october-2011/

If you want to watch something short on the state of education here in the US, the link below is really good. It's a leture by Sir Ken Robinson set to some dry erase animation. The lecture is edited a bit here & there to fit the animation.

It's the best 11 min youtube vid I've ever watched. I'm keeping an eye out to see if he lectures any where around me so I can go see him.

Just watched that Senna document. I'm not even a F1 fan but that was excellent. Almost started to cry at the end.

What's that documentary where they got these "experts" from different fields (technology, terrorist, finance, the environment, etc...) sitting in a circle and they all give their opinion as to why their particular field may cause our demise if we don't attend to it - I saw it a few months ago now I can't remember the name, it was ILL, hope someone knows it

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

What's that documentary where they got these "experts" from different fields (technology, terrorist, finance, the environment, etc...) sitting in a circle and they all give their opinion as to why their particular field may cause our demise if we don't attend to it - I saw it a few months ago now I can't remember the name, it was ILL, hope someone knows it

Here you go my dude. 'Prophets of Doom'. Definitely in my top 10 of all-time
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom