What are some good short term stock investments? im talking about 2 weeks short

cs02132

Supporter
were doing a stock contest in economics at school . we have $100,000 to invest and we must spend 95K of it by tomorrow. i invested in BOA (idk y cause ialraedy lost $400
mad.gif
) so im wondering if anyone could tell me some goodplaces to invest it? you dont need to tell me specifically but a general idea woud be helpful..btw we only have 2 weeks to do this and the winner gets redsoxtickets and 2nd-4th get AMEX gift cards so im trying to win
laugh.gif

Can you only buy stocks or can you short?

Its probably too late to ride on earnings issuance...but that's where I'd look.

V is nearing $70, when the hell did that happen.

Ride the wave of GS.

yo this is what i did last year

fake ur buying behavior and then go back and edit it after u see what made HUGE gains, and give ur self some minor losses, I made MADOFF money HAAHHAHA (5extra credit points -__-)

but I would suggest investing in birds for maximum gains, word to miami zoo

rimm is expected to hit 80-90... and earnings are coming out on june 15th.

that can only mean $$$$$$$$$

we can only buy stocks and no mutual funds

could you explain the earnings issuance? and what V and GS are? its my 2nd week of stocks so im horrible at it

Originally Posted by cs02132

we can only buy stocks and no mutual funds

could you explain the earnings issuance? and what V and GS are? its my 2nd week of stocks so im horrible at it

well pretty much every company announces their earnings for the past quarter; rimms is june 15th. earnings reports can make or break a company in terms ofgains and losses. for example, when the recession was just getting bad, rimm announced earnings WELL-BELOW those predicted by analysts from various 3rd partycompanies. as a result, the price dropped almost 20%. in rimm's most recent earnings report, they jumped 20%. add in the fact that blackberries are sellinglike hot fire and are getting great reviews, chances are june 15th is gonna be a good day for investors.

Under Armour (NYSE Ticker UA). They just landed a contract with a youth Cal ripken Baseball League recently, and last quarters earnings were better thanexpected. Investors are gaining confidence. A week ago you would have been better off, but it still might be a decent stock to buy in a mock competition.

^^^^ True. I just did some work for them recently at my job. Cool people there.

why did you buy a bank stock? the only thing id do with banks is short sell

buy small cap biotech stocks......they have the most potential to rise 300, 400 % in a couple days. since its just play money and 100k i would risk it. celltherapeutics you could try

i ended up buying bank of america, AIG, citibank, staples, and walmart

everything has gone up except for staples and walmart, they went down..im waiting a few days for them to go back up and then sell

anything else you think i should invest it? im thinking some biotech (boston scientific) and some energy?

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

cell therapeutics you could try
listen to me next time. youre not winning the competition buying walmart

[h2]Cell Therapeutics, Inc.[/h2](NasdaqCM: CTIC)
After Hours: 1.51
up_g.gif
0.24 (19.09%) 7:59PM ET

Change:
up_g.gif
0.64 (101.27%)

S & PALM have been KILLING and will continue to spike on Pre announcements, hype and release date.

AAPL will go through the roof after the conference in early June. New iPhone, touch netbook etc.

cell therapeutics you could try
listen to me next time. youre not winning the competition buying walmart

[h2]Cell Therapeutics, Inc.[/h2](NasdaqCM: CTIC)
After Hours: 1.51
up_g.gif
0.24 (19.09%) 7:59PM ET

Change:
up_g.gif
0.64 (101.27%)
bought 5000 shares of this yesterday. im down 1150 but i went from 68th place to 3rd in one day

sold my walmart and staples.. gonna buy some more bank of america and AIG then wait a few days and see if CTIC goes back up to see if i wanna sell..

i need to get some energy, biotech/science, healthcare

any suggestions?

everything has gone up except for staples and walmart, they went down..im waiting a few days for them to go back up and then sell

anything else you think i should invest it? im thinking some biotech (boston scientific) and some energy?

BoA and Citi you lucked out on big time that was not a wise move from a real money point of view...

Actually BoA was but not Citi

Stay away from Chesepeake Energy is all I have to say.

Originally Posted by bc60997

BoA and Citi you lucked out on big time that was not a wise move from a real money point of view...

Actually BoA was but not Citi

Stay away from Chesepeake Energy is all I have to say.

Why stay away from Chesapeake Energy bc60997?

Back
Top Bottom