What Are Some Moments In Your Life That Made Life Worth Living For You?

It was about 3 am some time in 2006, i was in an emergency room bed and the doctor woke me up and said all the tests were fine. Previous to that night, and prolly 2 months worth of nights, i would stay up all night not trying to go to sleep cause i felt like i was dying. After doing this over and over, i finally went with my gf at the time to the ER to get checked out. Like he said everything was fine and that flat out ask if i was depressed?

In the 8 or so months after my friend/brother had passed away(RIP Stubbs) and i thought everything was alright. I didnt know until that moment how bad i was truly hurting from his passing. It was weird but the question just made so much sense cause it was true, i was depressed.

Thought about his question hard that night, went home with my girl, and after a few more nights driving around, listening to MM2 and The Lost Tapes, i started the journey of healing.

brought tears to my eyes.

good first post man.

Welcome to NT

@jthagreat  and @Wayniac211, interesting take on the question. Do you think it's narcissistic to determine existentialism by your own personal pursuit of happiness or do you feel these moments are an exchange created by you and others? Like maybe a friends passing, or the birth of a child?

Freedmind2015.....
My personal pursuits/rewards bring nice self satisfaction but the feeling I get from my seeds and how they place me on top of the pyramid, outweighs it.

Last edited:
@jthagreat
 and @Wayniac211
, interesting take on the question. Do you think it's narcissistic to determine existentialism by your own personal pursuit of happiness or do you feel these moments are an exchange created by you and others? Like maybe a friends passing, or the birth of a child?

I have a degree in behavioral science (basically psych) dont understand your question? Maybe you can clear it up for me to better understand and try to answer?

To get through life, to live life, is to perform in your own advancement, enjoyment, gratification, or failure for that matter...people who say they do 'things' for others, and not themselves are generally lying. You do good, cause you gain satisfactions from it, or gain an internal feeling (of some kind) that is feeding the self in some way. Nothing is done without any form of motivation...

Like i said, I dont understand your question, but all that we do is motivated to gather an internal feeling, so in a sense, it is narcissistic.

When my great aunt drop the.bomb at thanksgiving my senior year in highschool saying she believed in me as i was the only child with sense..... im the youngest of 5 . Her and my.grandma.helped me pay for.college

1. 2001, chic fil a manager blessed me and my man steve with 31 free chicken sandwich coupons
2. 2007, raw dog for the first time
3. 2008, the birth of my first child

Senior year of high school hearing the jumpoff that I smashed tell me she finally got her period; felt like my life had ended the moment she told me she was late.

Walking across the stage at my college grafuation after dropping out for a year.

I have a degree in behavioral science (basically psych) dont understand your question? Maybe you can clear it up for me to better understand and try to answer?

To get through life, to live life, is to perform in your own advancement, enjoyment, gratification, or failure for that matter...people who say they do 'things' for others, and not themselves are generally lying. You do good, cause you gain satisfactions from it, or gain an internal feeling (of some kind) that is feeding the self in some way. Nothing is done without any form of motivation...

Like i said, I dont understand your question, but all that we do is motivated to gather an internal feeling, so in a sense, it is narcissistic.
Basically, do you feel like happiness is an universally shared experience manifested out of external stimuli?  Or internal and there's external factors that validates those feelings? If it's the later, then you've answered the question, I too believe it's narcissistic.

But is narcissism really a bad thing, if it makes YOU happy? 

Last edited:
Hitting Gym PR's

After knocking down a shorty, she gets up with her hair messed up and a smile asking what I would like to eat.

Night driving listening to something ignorant.

When you see kids you mentor do something amazing.

Hearing African drums and dancing.

I don't have kids but I heard that the feeling is on another level especially if you cool with the baby's mother.

my daughters birth's were special days for me but my oldest the most because once she came I turned into a completely different man & if I hadn't im positive I wouldn't be alive now

Last edited:
talking on the phone with my brothers or sister (call my sister most days i drive home from work)
hearing my mom laugh at something funny i did
volunteering with autistic kids in karate and having their parents tell me or the sensei that im doing a great job with their kid
playing really well in basketball

When I got married to my wife. Entering this life long covenant has motivated me to be even more selfless than I had ever been, so my wife can flourish. Shes deserving and has always shown her willingness to put my needs before her own.

Helping out a homeless man that I had met. Taking him to AA meetings and spending time with him, feeding him positivity and giving him hope.

Life is so much better when you spend it trying to better someone elses.

Last edited:
**** just seeing kids outside

This park I go to has a scene that pictures can't do justice for it .helps me appreciate nature

First day of college (19 at the time). I remember when I was 16 ,there was a time I didn't even have the thought or determination of going to school or even high school at that.
Was mad depressed and at the lowest point but I got through it. I also have plans for myself now so ***** on the up and up.

Last one happened yesterday .
Went to visit my neighbors at my old house i grew up in.

He's much older than I and because of that he's been dropping jewels on the kid since a youngin . I pulled up to his house and we start chopping it up and I asked him how he was doing

He said he's getting better ,then he takes this box out from under his shirt which turns out to be a defibrillator .said he had blood clots in his heart about 90 on one side and 100 percent on both sides (I think he's talking about the tubes someone should clear this up for me ). But anyway he said he almost died .

Inspired me to get myself together and take advantage of the time that we are alive ,also to get out to see the world .

I'm going back to his house today to help him out working on his yard and aiding in fixing his Porsche so he can drive it as a dd :pimp:

He also said he's moving to Florida but I'd like him to come to my graduation .

Last edited:
It's hard to nail down every single moment but there's been a lot. I think living itself is a process that everyone just "does" and the only thing you can be responsible for is taking in everything: good or bad. I never take anything for granted because it can be gone tomorrow.

-getting accepted into college
-meeting my baby nephew for the first time
-all the times I played with my dog for the 17 years he was alive
-running into friends I haven't seen in a long while
-making jokes with my mom about stupid stuff
-when my normally stoic dad broke down one day and told me how much he wanted me to live for myself

What are some moments in your life that made you feel human, euphoric, or overcome with joy, and just overall appreciative to be alive that moment?
Graduating college. Following year, got engaged to my best friend. Year after that, Married my best friend. Eight months later, finding out I'll be a Father in November.

Just simply humbled and thankful for all the blessings.

Posted this before on NT so I'll share the story again:

Nearly died in 4th grade after my appendix ruptured. To make things worse, the wound got infected (appendicitis operation was a success otherwise though). The infection got really bad and I can remember fading in and out of consciousness, but I can't remember how long I was in that condition. I just remember being visited by my friends and family, and my parents crying a few times. Overall I spent more than a month in the hospital during that school year.

I didn't really experience any eye-opening realizations as a result of almost dying. But something profound did happen to me in that hospital. My room was on a floor where children who were chronically ill stayed. I can't remember much about the others there, but there was another kid who I became friends with. He couldn't come out of his room often because of his condition, but anytime he could we would play NBA Jam in the game room on our floor. We would play for as long as they would let us, then he had to go back to his room, and I'd have to start/finish my physical therapy, which usually involved me pushing a nurse around in a wheel chair to avoid muscular distrophy.

As I regained strength the route I went on during PT got longer. One day when I was pushing the nurse we passed a room that audible screams were coming from. Muffled and quiet enough that you could only hear them if you were passing by the room or staying in one of the adjacent ones. As we were walking back I can remember asking the nurse what was happening in that room.

She tells me that its my friend's room but she doesn't say much else. I don't remember how I discovered it, but it turned out that my friend had a rare condition that caused issues with his bone structure -- he basically needed to have surgery to get tumors removed on a regular basis. It caused him immense pain to move around and be active.

After I learned about his illness I felt like a dumbass for complaining about my physical therapy and being forced to move around. The whole experience taught me to never take health and the ability to be active for granted, especially outside the confines of a building. To this day I still opt to walk outside when possible.

Cliffs
- Almost died after ruptured appendix + infected wound
- Met a chronically/terminally ill kid and played a bunch of NBA Jam
- Learned to appreciate health and being active
- F q-tips.

Basically, do you feel like happiness is an universally shared experience manifested out of external stimuli?  Or internal and there's external factors that validates those feelings? If it's the later, then you've answered the question, I too believe it's narcissistic.

But is narcissism really a bad thing, if it makes YOU happy? 
theres a clear difference between internal and external locus of control

happiness can be both a shared and a solitary experience.

you are not discussing narcissism in an appropriate context

Well for me it would have to be the night before and first day of arriving to college. The amount/type of optimism and excitement I had I believe I may never have again. Also like someone said above for some reason night driving with the right music/songs.

Back
Top Bottom