What are some Must Have MAC Programs?

Couldn't find the official apple thread
I just got myself a macbook with leopard :pimp:
pimp.gif
and i was wondering what are some good programs to get. Any help would be great. Thanks
AIM-illmatickalvin Email- illmatickal@gmail.com

smcFanControl....your macbook gets real hot...this program lets you adjust the speed of ur fans, ive been using it for awhile and ive had no problems...

^ the new macbooks and macbook pros don't get hot at all... i speak from personal experience with both of em
... just do it ...

iserial reader.........bye

FS Retro Playoff 8s, size 9 (Dec Release) =D $300
FS Jordan 1 Silver $150

.....word is bond

Monolingual is crucial...

It helped me save more than a 1.5gb of space on my hard drive by deleting languages I don't use off the OS.
jf is GOD.
Everyone that talks to me, I so wish wouldn't. last.fmwp

i just got a macbook today, what do you guys use for internet? safari or firefox?

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

i just got a macbook today, what do you guys use for internet? safari or firefox?

firefox. but get adium. dont use ichat its trash

Originally Posted by Zoom Air Panda

before i start getting some mac programs, YUKU needs to make Niketalk, MAC compatible.

i dont have any problems..

kevL7- yeah, i was going to use firefox, but i heard some say that it keeps freezing or something. also, does anyone use any kind of spyware or antivirusprogram on their macs? thanks.

your browser is your personal choice, i use flock(it's based off the firefox engine and code), and i have had a mac for 15+ years and never installed anyanti-virus or spyware program and never had any problem.

I don't use any spyware or anti-virus. Ive used Firefox for my Mac and it hasn't given me any problems at all...

i don't get adium. i was using it. i don't know, i guess i'm so accustomed to using iChat. What makes adium better? should i just stick with ichatif i'm using it for video chats?

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

Safari runs smoother for me but FF has all the features. FF runs fine most of the time, but if you enter posts that contain lots of images or pages thathave a lot of images/flash/ads, it tends to freeze up on me...

Originally Posted by The Wizard

i don't get adium. i was using it. i don't know, i guess i'm so accustomed to using iChat. What makes adium better? should i just stick with ichat if i'm using it for video chats?

uses less of your resources. more simple

programs
insomniaX,stuffit expander, vlc media player, transmission, senuti, smcfancontrol, virtue desktops, school house, iserial reader, candy bar,coconut battery, disk inventory x, ffmpegx, handbrake, hide folders. that's all i can think of at the moment

MacSaber...totally useless and cool as hell.
Adium of course for Instant messaging...AOL Instant Messanger is doodoo on a stick for macs.
VLC Player for all video needs
Transmission for Torrents
Handbrake for ripping and encoding DVDs
Senuti for stealing iPod libraries

Originally Posted by GREENREDGREEN

Monolingual is crucial...

It helped me save more than a 1.5gb of space on my hard drive by deleting languages I don't use off the OS.
jf is G O .
Everyone that talks to me, I so wish wouldn't.
last.fm wp

pimp.gif
Cleared up about 2GB for me.

thanks for the replies, i'm using firefox, and its running smoothly so far, i hope it keeps it this way. loving my macbook so far.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zoom Air Panda

before i start getting some mac programs, YUKU needs to make Niketalk, MAC compatible.
it is if you're using firefox. but firefox is so ehh on the mac. its missing some key stuff safari does like integration with dictionary and itsugly. and it crashes.

Back
Top Bottom